Alice Cooper predicts original GNR reunion

Axl thanking all lineups was the biggest suprise for me and the thing, besides Duff being there, that made me the happiest. Sure he didn't mention Slash by name, but he didn't have to with that statement. That's something he never would have done in the past.

Edited by SlashisGOD

I saw something about the Alice Cooper documentary going into Alice Cooper freebasing and doing crack, which he hadn't talked about before. Wasn't this mentioned in one of the GNR books? I want to say it was "Watch You Bleed"....

Notice Caram was the only name Axl mentioned? I don't think Beta got mentioned. Surprised this didn't become a thread...

Honestly, I think Alice is a bit of a hypocrite on this matter. He was a lot of the reason the Alice Cooper Group disbanded, then he kept the name for himself (Granted it was his stage name as well as the band name). The ACG has come to terms with each other and played a handful of songs together over the years, but you can't really consider that a reunion by any means. So why should Alice be calling for a reunion if he hasn't really done so with his former bandmates?

I believe the guys have said it was Glen's death that got them talking to each other again - everyone felt bad than Glen died without any real closure on the ACG and they didn't want it to happen to another one of them. I truly believe it would take a similar event for any sort of GN'R reunion, and even then I don't see it likely.

Honestly, I think Alice is a bit of a hypocrite on this matter. He was a lot of the reason the Alice Cooper Group disbanded, then he kept the name for himself (Granted it was his stage name as well as the band name). The ACG has come to terms with each other and played a handful of songs together over the years, but you can't really consider that a reunion by any means. So why should Alice be calling for a reunion if he hasn't really done so with his former bandmates?

I believe the guys have said it was Glen's death that got them talking to each other again - everyone felt bad than Glen died without any real closure on the ACG and they didn't want it to happen to another one of them. I truly believe it would take a similar event for any sort of GN'R reunion, and even then I don't see it likely.

So you think the impact and importance of the Alice Cooper Group reuniting is on the same level as GnR doing so?

God! Who the hell does Bam Margera think he is?

He's such a jerk. He thinks he's a rock star because he stole the Him heartagram and claimed it for his own and hung with Ville for awhile.

The guy is what in his 30's and still doing jackass stuff. Even Johnny Knoxville knew when to move on.

As for Alice Cooper I love Alice, but since Axl has already said millions of times, never going to be a reunion unless either me or Slash are dead, I take that as a "NO".

God! Who the hell does Bam Margera think he is?

He's such a jerk. He thinks he's a rock star because he stole the Him heartagram and claimed it for his own and hung with Ville for awhile.

The guy is what in his 30's and still doing jackass stuff. Even Johnny Knoxville knew when to move on.

As for Alice Cooper I love Alice, but since Axl has already said millions of times, never going to be a reunion unless either me or Slash are dead, I take that as a "NO".

Axl has also said this:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Edited by gunnari

So you think the impact and importance of the Alice Cooper Group reuniting is on the same level as GnR doing so?
Pretty damn close if it isn't on the same level. Alice Cooper almost singlehandedly created shock rock, and I consider the ACG to be, along with The Stooges, the most influential garage rock band, and one of the most influential American bands period.
  • Like 3

I saw something about the Alice Cooper documentary going into Alice Cooper freebasing and doing crack, which he hadn't talked about before. Wasn't this mentioned in one of the GNR books? I want to say it was "Watch You Bleed"....

Notice Caram was the only name Axl mentioned? I don't think Beta got mentioned. Surprised this didn't become a thread...

Pretty sure it's Nikki Sixx in The Dirt, he doesn't come out and say it but he mentions Alice's room having this weird smoke in it that he didn't know what it was until years later

Exactly what I thought too.

I'd like to see Alice end his career with Bruce, Dunanway and Smith- they still have it.

I'd like to see Alice end his career with Bruce, Dunanway and Smith- they still have it.

They talked about doing a few gigs in 2011 to celebrate the RNRHOF induction, but nothing ever came of it. I don't ever expect a full blown reunion, but I'd be happy to see one. Just to be able to see a set that consists only of ACG songs would be amazing!

They talked about doing a few gigs in 2011 to celebrate the RNRHOF induction, but nothing ever came of it. I don't ever expect a full blown reunion, but I'd be happy to see one. Just to be able to see a set that consists only of ACG songs would be amazing!

didn't they play together at the hall of fame?

I have woken to reality..Reunion will NEVER happen.....Alice lives in delusional world..So glad I have opened my eyes...Maybe in another lifetime and universe but not in this universe..This makes me sad to realize this..........Ofcourse I would LOVE to see it happen but there is too much shit on the way and the situation is what it is...Let's just continue to support this current incarnation of GnR and be glad that GnR is alive in some way..........Fuck this shit....................................................Makes me so depressed to even write this fact............

Edited by gunnari

didn't they play together at the hall of fame?

Yeah, but like I said in one of my earlier posts, it was just one of those handful of times since '97 or so that they've gotten together to play a couple songs. There hasn't ever been a real gig, so to speak.

I have woken to reality..Reunion will NEVER happen.....Alice lives in delusional world..So glad I have opened my eyes...Maybe in another lifetime and universe but not in this universe..This makes me sad to realize this..........Ofcourse I would LOVE to see it happen but there is too much shit on the way and the situation is what it is...Let's just continue to support this current incarnation of GnR and be glad that GnR is alive in some way..........Fuck this shit....................................................Makes me so depressed to even write this fact............

Oh, Gunnari. :cry:

By believing in a reunion you were only digging your own grave.

Never give up the dream!

A lot of posters on here apparently don't know the definition of the word hypocrite.

But he said something that went against Axl...........so yes, we must all start bashing him.

How is he not a hypocrite? Sure they've all made peace, but until he does a full blown ACG reunion then why should he be telling Axl to do a GN'R reunion?

And I'm not saying this to bash Alice - on the contrary Alice is right up there with Maiden and GN'R for me, and I've seen him live over 30 times. But this really irks me that this is his stance on a GN'R reunion.