"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

4tus and Ashba start speaking around 18 seconds.

Fuck that. I'm not interested in the lies of those two.

Fuckin' Bam made me laugh with his "he's obviously the man but I think he should just shut up and be friends with Slash and be Guns N' Roses again. The end." :rofl-lol:

"We're going to be in Vegas all together, so hopefully during that time we're going to be able to get into the room and start laying down some more stuff,"

Two things bother me about this line.

One, its rare for a band to actually make meaningful progress on the recording of an album whilst on tour. Yes being in one place will undoubtably help, but will Axl be willing to record vocals in between performances? Not sure he would. The vast majority of bands lock in the material, record and complete away from tours. But yes - I know Axl and GnR are an exception to alot of rules bla bla bla.

Two, the fact he says some more stuff. Meaning what they currently have isnt enough, which leads me to believe further material needs to be written, composed, tweaked, tinkered, recorded etc. And we all know how long that takes to get done and Axl to sign off.

I had in my head new music, in one form or another, would drop Nov this year with an extensive world tour next year. I'm not so sure right now.

November 2010

:lol:

It's almost comical to watch this video now...lies lies lies lies....

4tus and Ashba start speaking around 18 seconds.

Fuck that. I'm not interested in the lies of those two.

Fuckin' Bam made me laugh with his "he's obviously the man but I think he should just shut up and be friends with Slash and be Guns N' Roses again. The end." :rofl-lol:

Bam Margera and Alice Cooper are the new spokesmen for reunion :wub:

Hearing this kind of wishfull thinkings, maybes or promises is very painful.

They should just say "we are focusing on the tour right now, we'll see with Cap'tain Axl after the tour. But there are some pretty good songs in the vault". That would be more accurate and I would personally 100% believe that.

All their excuses for not working on new songs are pathetic.

The band are just trying to take the pressure away from Axl - which is quite decent of them. They know full well that Axl is the only 'obstacle' to new music being recorded.

Is that because Axl is a dick? No, it's because he is wired differently to the rest of the band. He can't just "turn on" his creativity the way others can. I'm reluctant to use the term "bi-polar", but clearly Axl's productivity comes in random cycles.

Current band has been together for 5 years, still hasn't recorded together in the same room. NIce.

Yet some people say this band has more chemistry than the classic line up..........and that this band has been together longer than the classic line up.......

It is sad to me, as I think this band could really put out some great music. If Axl ever decides to go that route.

Current band has been together for 5 years, still hasn't recorded together in the same room. NIce.

Yet some people say this band has more chemistry than the classic line up..........and that this band has been together longer than the classic line up.......

It is sad to me, as I think this band could really put out some great music. If Axl ever decides to go that route.

The current band has 0 chemistry..

The band are just trying to take the pressure away from Axl - which is quite decent of them. They know full well that Axl is the only 'obstacle' to new music being recorded.

Is that because Axl is a dick? No, it's because he is wired differently to the rest of the band. He can't just "turn on" his creativity the way others can. I'm reluctant to use the term "bi-polar", but clearly Axl's productivity comes in random cycles.

Could be very possible. I think that Axl's perfectionism deters him from putting out new material. He is known to be quite sensitive to criticism and reads alot of his own reviews(he thanked Kurt Loder for his positive review of Rock In Rio III, he mentioned a review of Oh My God having a 'disco beat' in it, he said some reviews of Chidem were a blood bath etc). I think the combination of being a perfectionist/control freak and being ultra sensitive prohibit him from moving forward. His previous success and fortune also make it so he is not forced to put anything out either.

GNR haven't been forthcoming in terms of records since the Appetite days. Even UYI was somewhat of a drawn out creative process.

It doesn't matter how much chemistry a line-up has - the possibility of a record ultimately resides with Axl having a burst of inspiration.

Even though UYI took a while to be released it's still 4 albums in 6 years. They were very productive. Hard to call Axl a perfeccionist after Scraped. Hard to say it's inspiration delaying the new album, since there are songs ready to be released.

Could be very possible. I think that Axl's perfectionism deters him from putting out new material. He is known to be quite sensitive to criticism and reads alot of his own reviews(he thanked Kurt Loder for his positive review of Rock In Rio III, he mentioned a review of Oh My God having a 'disco beat' in it, he said some reviews of Chidem were a blood bath etc). I think the combination of being a perfectionist/control freak and being ultra sensitive prohibit him from moving forward. His previous success and fortune also make it so he is not forced to put anything out either.

As history has shown, and witnesses have attested to, Axl is a very complex mind. The creative process isn't something that Axl can just turn on like say--Bumblefoot. It comes in cycles. There has to be some sort of clear vision for Axl to aspire towards. With Chinese Democracy, it seemed to be relating a range of political themes to his own personal struggle.

Then there is the second part. When he actually finds a some sort of creative vision, he isn't happy until he has fully realized it. The music has to be up to the standard of the thought process behind it.

Then, when he has finally reached the point of converting the inspiration into musical form, he is very sensitive to the way his art is perceived. As interviews and accounts have shown - *see the USA Today interview, and that story about the producer telling him that he only had one or two worthwhile songs* - he is extremely invested in his songs. If somebody were to make ill-informed comments about what a song means, or simply just hate on what he has attempted, I'd image that can literally have a detrimental effect on his writing. For example, why was he reluctant to release a track like This I Love? Because that's a very precious song to Axl; and naturally, when you express yourself in such an intimate way, you are afraid of people judging you for it.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1