I DARE YOU....

SOLGER

My apologies, your right. Im not trying to insult or bring anyone down. (and im not homophobic, whatever floats your boat...as long as it doesn't mess with me or my personal life) You can't be a real fan of Guns N Roses and NuGNR at the same time, as a real fan at some point you have the choose sides, and I don't understand what the NuGNR people are defending? If you like the new stuff then your a fan of Axl Rose, which is fine. But to try and say that this is "Guns N Roses" is fucking insane...

Sorry, but that's just not true at all.

You can like whatever incarnation of the band you want to like. Saying you have to "pick sides" is a pretty juvenile way of looking at things. :shrugs:

• Like 2

So if Axl Rose left and the NuGNR got a new singer would you consider it Guns N Roses? Is Axl Rose Guns N Roses? No, he is not. Is Slash Guns N Roses? No, he is not. My opinion is that if Axl Rose felt confident about his lineup and his new music then he should leave the name behind and call it what it is. The original 5 guys did something special in music history, it should be left alone.

Sorry, I realise you're new but the rest of us have already discussed this topic to death as you can probably imagine. People might not be happy about it, but for the most part, they've accepted that Axl decided to continue the GN'R name.

Nothing will ever replace or live up to what the original lineup created, and of course no one member is Guns N' Roses. Most people here respect that.

Whether Axl should have changed the name or not is kind of irrelevant in 2014. He kept it, the other guys left one by one and the end result is what it is. Axl obviously felt entitled to keep it. At the end of the day, it's just a name, and regardless of whether the name stayed the same, most people recognize that they are obviously not the same band.

Why most people stay is that they are (or were) interested in what Axl had planned to do with that name. A lot of people thought Chinese Democracy was going to come out a few years earlier and do a little better, and that Axl was going to have made a lot more new music by now. Obviously that never happened, but the curiosity of where the whole spectacle is heading is interesting enough to keep people coming back. :shrugs:

EDIT: Debate the merits of the band all you want, but don't come here and spend your time attacking other people for their viewpoints. I've mentioned this once already man.

So if Axl Rose left and the NuGNR got a new singer would you consider it Guns N Roses? Is Axl Rose Guns N Roses? No, he is not. Is Slash Guns N Roses? No, he is not. My opinion is that if Axl Rose felt confident about his lineup and his new music then he should leave the name behind and call it what it is. The original 5 guys did something special in music history, it should be left alone.

At this level, its a business first. Not as much about that idealistic stuff you are preaching.

Show me a guy that signs away his rights to one of the most recognizable names in rock, and I'll show you a fool.

• Like 1

Got that cream for your butthurt already...? Dumbfuck X

Hey, I got some bad news for you. Looks like one of your posts went missing.

ghost in the machine, I suppose.

At this level, its a business first. Not as much about that idealistic stuff you are preaching.

Show me a guy that signs away his rights to one of the most recognizable names in rock, and I'll show you a fool.

Just look in the mirror....

Nice.

• Like 2

In my opinion the only people who support NuGNR are people that are paid by Axl Rose, or people that are infatuated with him. Everyone else knows its a travesty and a joke. Wake up

I don't want to confuse anyone, I think Axl is a amazing songwriter and performer. I also think all the guys that have been in NuGNR are amazing musicians and i liked Chinese Democracy ALOT. Its just the name thing that bothers me...

Makes sense.

In my opinion the only people who support NuGNR are people that are paid by Axl Rose, or people that are infatuated with him. Everyone else knows its a travesty and a joke. Wake up

I don't want to confuse anyone, I think Axl is a amazing songwriter and performer. I also think all the guys that have been in NuGNR are amazing musicians and i liked Chinese Democracy ALOT. Its just the name thing that bothers me...

Makes sense.

I took him to be one of those people just hung up on the name thing. Some people have just never been able to make their peace with it.

Makes sense.

I took him to be one of those people just hung up on the name thing. Some people have just never been able to make their peace with it.

GENIUS ...right there.....

Makes sense.

GENIUS ...right there.....

This is going to get worse for you before its gets better. So let's just settle down over there.

Your intial post was goofy because it was such a ill conceived challenge. No one alive thinks any YCBM post-1993 stands up to their prime. That was the only point, which clearly got under your skin for whatever reason. But I think, in essence, we are actually in agreement.

Chillax.

• Like 1

Worse how...?

Clearly something itched in your ass thinking i was comparing Axl's look then and now...but..keep enlightening us with GNR wizdom.. :rofl-lol:

If can't tell if you're serious, but he was trying to say that Axl is now 20 years older, and nobody would reasonably expect him to sound better than he did in 1993. Duh.

• Like 1

Worse how...?

Clearly something itched in your ass thinking i was comparing Axl's look then and now...but..keep enlightening us with GNR wizdom.. :rofl-lol:

If can't tell if you're serious, but he was trying to say that Axl is now 20 years older, and nobody would reasonably expect him to sound better than he did in 1993. Duh.

Amazing you were able to crack my super tricky code, HV.

I think the real situation here is that Axl took the name and that has allowed him to tour successfully under the moniker for 13 years because of the strength and power of the original band. The flip side of the coin is that every show he performs under the name "Guns N Roses" is going to be compared to the original line up, and he fucked himself by doing that. He should of followed Ozzys course of action when he left Sabbath.

But is it, though? I was never clear how people can't make what, to me, seems a rather obvious distinction.

I don't care if Axl plays with Bucket, Robin, DJ, or hell, the man in the moon and chooses to call it "Guns N' Roses". I just don't feel the general public will ever see it that way. And I'm not sure how it affects what the classic line-up did and accomplished.

I know I sure don't. I see this for the business move it is, and don't get bothered by it. I know the band that went into the HOF is the 1986-1993 version. I know no serious GNR greatest hits or anthology will ever have anything past 'Sympathy For The Devil'.

Guns N' Roses, in my eyes, will always be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff. Some people prefer Steven and some prefer Matt (I'm in the Matt camp). But those 4 are the band, to me. And always will be.