Vegas Residency - Special Guests?

Most of us have seen Izzy and Duff perform with the current band. And over the years, Axl has performed with most of rock's legends.

I think the biggest splash GnR could do, which would drum up the most positive press and momentum for the band, would be to play a couple new songs. Not covers or songs that have already been released by the band. But brand new songs. Like they did before Appetite came out, before Illusions came out, before CD came out, and like every other band does.

IMO that would be the best thing GnR could do in Vegas.

New songs are literally the only [positive] thing that will make the residency worthwhile. I mean, Axl could come out sounding good, but chances are better that we hear Soul Monster than the '10 voice.

Also, just kind of a nitpick, have most people here seen Izzy and Duff with the band? They've only done a handful of shows.... Either way, I've seen both of them twice, I'd still love to see them again. Break out Dust N' Bones or something for Vegas, maybe?

Edited by RickRoses

Most of us have seen Izzy and Duff perform with the current band. And over the years, Axl has performed with most of rock's legends.

I think the biggest splash GnR could do, which would drum up the most positive press and momentum for the band, would be to play a couple new songs. Not covers or songs that have already been released by the band. But brand new songs. Like they did before Appetite came out, before Illusions came out, before CD came out, and like every other band does.

IMO that would be the best thing GnR could do in Vegas.

New songs are literally the only [positive] thing that will make the residency worthwhile. I mean, Axl could come out sounding good, but chances are better that we hear Soul Monster than the '10 voice.

Also, just kind of a nitpick, have most people here seen Izzy and Duff with the band? They've only done a handful of shows.... Either way, I've seen both of them twice, I'd still love to see them again. Break out Dust N' Bones or something for Vegas, maybe?

True, sorry about that. I guess I was just randomly lucky. The last show I saw, Loaded opened and Duff joined the stage with Axl. And the show before that I saw, Izzy was the special guest.

But yea, it is probably time to start playing some new stuff. It's been six years since the last album.