Vegas Residency - Special Guests?

Bucket hasn't toured in about a year and a half I think, he's just been constantly releasing albums. It would be fantastic to see any of the CD members join for a guest appearance; Brain on Shackler's, Robin on TIL or Bucket on whatever he wants.

edit: I think someone else asked this but any word on openers? I had to listen to Adelita's Way twice last time. It was no fun either time. (I'd seen them at a festival once before though and the singer is lame. "I'm gonna jump into the crowd!" ... and then never does).

Edited by RickRoses

Yeah, isn't buckethead not touring at all these days for medical reasons?

Bucket could have been the next slash if it wasnt for his ugly image. Such a waste.

I don't think his image has been a hold-back for him, he has a lot of originality going for him. Some find him weird, but I think it adds to the mystique.

Actually he's become pretty well-known post-GN'R, but not to the extent he could have been had he continued in Guns.

I don't actually know, I've read that he had/has medical problems so that's why he doesn't tour. I also read that a family member (his dad I think) was ill and he was doing the constant Pike albums and the painted buckets to raise money for him. Who knows. I'm glad I got to see him once though.

What's Bucket up to these days?

Releasing awesome music.

Yeah I know.

I was thinking more about touring. Axl has previously expressed interest in mending fences with him. Would be cool if he would do a couple guest appearances.

I know, but it was too tempting to resist.

Bucket could have been the next slash if it wasnt for his ugly image. Such a waste.

I don't think his image has been a hold-back for him, he has a lot of originality going for him. Some find him weird, but I think it adds to the mystique.

Actually he's become pretty well-known post-GN'R, but not to the extent he could have been had he continued in Guns.

Image aside, the fact he doesn't reveal his face or do any interviews... or when he does he has some weird hand puppet. Thats just creepy, like he should be in a mental hospital or something.

I think there is something wrong with him. Some personality defect.

• Like 1

Image aside, the fact he doesn't reveal his face or do any interviews... or when he does he has some weird hand puppet. Thats just creepy, like he should be in a mental hospital or something.

Yeah well... Since we only know the public side of him, it's hard to say if it's all part of the act or not.

This reminded me of the Josh Freese stories about Bucket, it's hilarious!

Say izzy and duff both came and played a whole show with Axl.. I think that would be amazing to see and would be the best ruinion we'd ever get!

It's weird that when Axl reunites with izzy and duff it's only a minor thing to the public.. I wonder what's left in terms of money and publicity that an Axl Slash reunion would really get.

Edited by Estranged Coma

:facepalm:

You don't "get" Bucket do you? Buckethead is a character.

Say izzy and duff both came and played a whole show with Axl.. I think that would be amazing to see and would be the best ruinion we'd ever get!

It's weird that when Axl reunites with izzy and duff it's only a minor thing to the public.. I wonder what's left in terms of money and publicity that an Axl Slash reunion would really get.

It would be huge! You know that.

It would be huge! You know that.

How huge do you really think it be? I'm truly just wondering. I'm sure they'd hit USA stadiums for sure. Super Bowl? I think reunion / Super Bowl would be there biggest opportunity. I mean these guys are all old now how long would the shock appeal last of the old guys getting back together?

Don't get me wrong I'm young and would love a chance to see slash with Axl in my life! I just think there was more money in a reunion long ago it's been a really long time (it's 2014 :/).

Any reunions you think it would compare too?

The fact that people have to ask Beta and Fernando for "band" news is pretty ludicrous.

But they is manager. Manager knows what bands do, not the guitarman or the keyboarder. You needs education how bands works.

Oh bro, I know.

I grew up with GnR. I remember back in 1988 and 1991, you never saw Axl or Slash or Duff talking about Appetite, Illusions or Lies. You never saw them on MTV, in Rolling Stone, Circus, Rip or Hit Parader doing interviews. Same thing with Van Halen. Metallica. Bon Jovi. Def Leppard. Priest. Maiden. U2.

All the interviews and information provided were from the band's managers and his/her family members. I still remember all the great interviews from Don Landee and Ted Templeman back in the 80s. In fact, today it is quite common to bypass guys like Hetfield and Bon Jovi and Bono and go straight to their manager's son to get info about the band's future plans.

Tremendous. :lol:

I wonder how bucket orders food or shops or has a medical check up or negotiates contracts or washes, at least we know Axl is relatively normal despite existing within his abnormal bubble.

Imagine him walking into a KFC...

His schtick is inconsistent, though. On the one hand, he claims he wears the bucket in protest of the chicken holocaust perpetrated by KFC. On the other hand, he apparently was fuming when he saw KFC get bombed in coverage of the Iraq campaign. Is he for or against the Colonel? These are the questions to which we need answers.

I think it would be funny if Josh Freese was a guest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was a member of the band almost twenty years ago, yet this would be the first show he ever played with them? Man, only GN'R could do that. Have a member for three or four years but not play a single show with him. But he did release one song with the band, so that's something.

Buckethead making a guest appearance would be pretty cool. Actually, anyone from the 2001 lineup, always liked that one the most for some reason.

I refuse to believe Axl did all the coaxing and plotting to accommodate Bucket and only release an album worth of material, the talent of the man is undeniable, he cannot simply rework or rehash his original solos, then again this is a guy who asked his idol Brian May to do two solos and then cuts and pastes it on Catcher only to have BBF do another one, and also we have heard he did the exact same with Atlas Shrugged. Bumble is good but what kind of psycho has such guitarists then erases their work lol.

Most of us have seen Izzy and Duff perform with the current band. And over the years, Axl has performed with most of rock's legends.

I think the biggest splash GnR could do, which would drum up the most positive press and momentum for the band, would be to play a couple new songs. Not covers or songs that have already been released by the band. But brand new songs. Like they did before Appetite came out, before Illusions came out, before CD came out, and like every other band does.

IMO that would be the best thing GnR could do in Vegas.