Vegas Residency - Special Guests?

Just wondering if any of you are hoping for any special guests at the residency?

Seems like Axl may have gone a bit cold on Baz in recent years, but do you think he might give Duff or Izzy a call to play a song or two?

I guess Duff could make the earlier shows before his Walking Papers tour, Izzy seems likely (maybe have him for the later shows?).

I wonder why Axl seemingly isn't talking to Baz any more, maybe it's the whole Kings of Chaos thing (though Baz did leave KOC before Slash joined).

the last shows of this lineup?

Izzy, Duff, Gilby, maybe Adler would be cool.

The most realistic 'special guests' would be Duff n Izzy. Would be cool if Gilby shared stage again with Axl. Adler zero chance (but would be really awesome). Slash....I'm sure TB has he contract with Hard Rock that he's not allowed on property. TB probably had the lawyers hammer that out.

Guest Gunns

I highly doubt Axl will have more than 1 of the original band members with him on stage at the same time, so if Duff is there , Izzy wont be.

Edited by Gunns
  • Like 1

Speaks volumes about Sebastian and Axls relationship when Sebastians line of contact to ask/beg for a slot of the SA tour is Betas instagram. But... everybody that knows Axl always say that they used to be close and then he just goes away and then reappears years later. Sebastian is a loud mouth so I can imagine Axl getting tired of him.... I can Imagine anyone anywhere getting tired of him actually.

Bach is touring Europe and Canada during the Residency.

And let's not try to start rumors between Baz and Axl. They're best of friends. He might as well have been a member of the band in '06. He hasn't toured with them in recent years probably because of scheduling conflicts. Kicking & Screaming came out late 2011, so I imagine he was touring after that and into 2012. He was recording his latest album pretty much all of 2013. That leaves a very small time window to be doing things with Guns, and it's understandable if he just wanted to rest for a couple months.

And let's not try to start rumors between Baz and Axl. They're best of friends. He might as well have been a member of the band in '06. He hasn't toured with them in recent years probably because of scheduling conflicts. Kicking & Screaming came out late 2011, so I imagine he was touring after that and into 2012. He was recording his latest album pretty much all of 2013. That leaves a very small time window to be doing things with Guns, and it's understandable if he just wanted to rest for a couple months.

He publicly asked Beta to tour with GNR in South America this year...

He publicly asked Beta to tour with GNR in South America this year...

oC0Gq.gif

I'm not trying to start anything. He did want to tour with them this year and he didn't get the spot though.

He was onstage with them last in... 2012 was it?

I'm not trying to start anything. He did want to tour with them this year and he didn't get the spot though.

He was onstage with them last in... 2012 was it?

June 2012 in Europe. I dunno if the KOC thing would have soured things between him and Axl, I mean Duff was in KOC and Axl's cool with him.

Speaks volumes about Sebastian and Axls relationship when Sebastians line of contact to ask/beg for a slot of the SA tour is Betas instagram. But... everybody that knows Axl always say that they used to be close and then he just goes away and then reappears years later. Sebastian is a loud mouth so I can imagine Axl getting tired of him.... I can Imagine anyone anywhere getting tired of him actually.

And didn't Baz say that before 2006, they hadn't spoken in like a decade?

Robin would be extremely cool. He'll be touring Europe with NIN though.

Well that's Robin definitely ruled out (would Robin even accept Axl's invitation to be in Vegas if NIN weren't touring, that's another question, are Axl & Robin on good terms? Or does anyone know).

And didn't Baz say that before 2006, they hadn't spoken in like a decade?

Yeah, he said on Eddie Trunk's show, and I forget the number exactly, but that he hadn't spoken with him in like 12 years.

Which is why I'm not so sure that this is all that big of deal. Bach and Axl will always be friends.

It would be odd if Axl kept bringing Bach to tour with him. It would be like a never ending repeat of the 2006 tour. (I get that we already have that, but it would be like that even more so then).

Well that's Robin definitely ruled out (would Robin even accept Axl's invitation to be in Vegas if NIN weren't touring, that's another question, are Axl & Robin on good terms? Or does anyone know).

Robin joined them in March 2012, assume they're on good terms:

• Like 1

Robin joined them in March 2012, assume they're on good terms:

For me, that's the best guest spot the new band have ever had. Izzy and Duff included.