Worst Concert Experience (Reddit)

Amir

Having to stand on the balcony in the back of a Slash show because they had changed venues (slash couldn't sell enough seats to justify playing a 5k seater so he moved to a 1k) to one that served alcohol on the floor. Despite being 18 at the time, I had forgotten my ID and had to stand in the very back with a bunch of obnoxious 16 year olds despite paying more than what most of the people on the floor had.

I remember that i think, want myles sick too?

Yep. The crowd sang half the show for him.

Not me but a friend in high school's brother saved up all this money to travel and see White Zombie as he was a massive fan- he said they sounded absolutely fucking terrible and it was a mess....turned the dude off White Zombie.

I haven't really had "bad" concert experiences, the only 2 shows that come to mind are the 3rd time I saw In Flames (the band was great but I got too drunk), and when I saw Marilyn Manson in 2009 or so. He spent most of the show drinking budweiser and spitting it back out. It was opening night of the tour and and he sounded and looked like shit. I spent probably a third of his set at the merch booth talking to the openers (Die Mannequin).

Yeah, I've heard pretty terrible things about Manson even from his fans. I was curious to see him live and then I saw some YouTube videos... The guy really does not give a fuck.

I saw him in 2007 and I enjoyed the show a lot. But I have heard a lot of people complain about him in the later years.

Having to stand on the balcony in the back of a Slash show because they had changed venues (slash couldn't sell enough seats to justify playing a 5k seater so he moved to a 1k) to one that served alcohol on the floor. Despite being 18 at the time, I had forgotten my ID and had to stand in the very back with a bunch of obnoxious 16 year olds despite paying more than what most of the people on the floor had.

Swear Myles does that most of the time anyway, which annoys me given that he can actually sing.

Swear Myles does that most of the time anyway, which annoys me given that he can actually sing.

he loves engaging the crowd and hearing them sing the songs (which in AB are a very high percentage of his lyrics) back to him. he almost always looks very happy on stage, but his smile seems to get even bigger when he gets a great response from the crowd singing along. he will lean on that crowd interaction more when he's sick. obviously it helps save his voice a bit if he doesn't have to sing as much. it's just how he is. personally I love seeing him keep the crowd engaged.

he loves engaging the crowd and hearing them sing the songs (which in AB are a very high percentage of his lyrics) back to him. he almost always looks very happy on stage, but his smile seems to get even bigger when he gets a great response from the crowd singing along. he will lean on that crowd interaction more when he's sick. obviously it helps save his voice a bit if he doesn't have to sing as much. it's just how he is. personally I love seeing him keep the crowd engaged.

I think there's a difference keeping the crowd engaged and just handing it over to them. I didn't pay for others to sing it instead!

probably the last Stones show. queuing for an hour in the freezing rain. then the bar ran out of alcohol. the show was okay. it was really the venue rather than the show. overall i can't be bothered to go again.

probably the last Stones show. queuing for an hour in the freezing rain. then the bar ran out of alcohol. the show was okay. it was really the venue rather than the show. overall i can't be bothered to go again.

Which gig did you go to, Macau?