Worst Concert Experience (Reddit)

Amir

"GN'R" 2013. Couldn't hear any guitars even though I was right next to Axl's teleprompter, him fucking off whenever he wasn't singing, the solo spots, Frank's drumming, Catcher boring the shit of me and everyone around me within a 10 mile radius, bitches talking during Estranged (audible guitars would have helped), having to sing Happy fucking Birthday to Vanessa or one those hacks, Dizzy Reed. Axl's voice didn't even register as a concern within a live setting, fondly enough.

tell us how you REALLY feel.

:rofl-lol:

It just pissed me off to no end. I always mention it to no end on here.

• Like 1

Probably Iron Maiden. I don't like their music so that might have something to do with how bored I was during that concert. It's one of those bands where I just don't get the hype. We ended up leaving before the concert ended.

When did you see them? I get that Maiden's music isn't really for everyone, but with the energy in their stage show, I don't get how you can be bored at a gig :question:

I saw them at Sonisphere in Stockholm in 2010.

The weather was extremely bad, I was soaked through to my skin and freezing by the time Maiden come on so that probably didn't help matters. But I've just never liked them and if I don't like the music the stage show doesn't really do much for me.

I saw Iggy Pop earlier in the day and it was just him prancing around on a stage singing. No big stage show or anything. I was way more impressed with that performance than I was with Maiden. I saw Maiden because the friend I went with liked them and of course she should see them when she likes them. But at some point during the show she turned to me and said "Let's just leave." I don't know if it was just the weather for her or what it was but despite her liking them she still wanted to leave their show early.

I was at that gig too. I thought it was a fantastic performance, maybe in the top 10 Maiden gigs I've seen, but I guess I can get what you're saying between the weather and the festival atmosphere and whatnot - I even left before Maiden's encore because I was just so miserable by the end of that day.

Iggy that day was a highlight. It was my second time seeing him, but so much better than the first time I saw him. Plus I was on the barrier for him :shades:

It's the crowd that makes the atmosphere at Maiden shows.

This is 100% true.

Some fan threatened to stab me in Perth 2010 cause I was front row middle and wanted my spot

What a dick he was ruined like 3 song's of an otherwise great concert

He ended up leaving around Patience I didn't get a good view of the guy because he was behind me

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Some fan threatened to stab me in Perth 2010 cause I was front row middle and wanted my spot

He ended up leaving around Patience I didn't get a good view of the guy because he was behind me

i would have punched him in the adam's apple, i think.

I almost got beaten and mugged at a Buckethead concert. Luckily that did not happen

What happened?

I almost got beaten and mugged at a Buckethead concert. Luckily that did not happen

If I had been with you I would have beaten you when he walked on stage, I have a fear of men in masks & would have been terrified of him. :lol: For that reason I am glad he's not in gnr as even on videos I don't look at him.

Not my experience but someone on a forum said they went to a Kenny Rogers concert. Halfway through a song he stopped the band and told the audience " I am here to sing to you, not the other way around". She was dumbfounded and said he was only on stage for an hour. Usually a singer will go crook at the audience if they don't sing along so this was unusual.

It was at his show in the Majestic Theater in Detroit in like 2011. The wait was wayyyy worse than any GNR gig. 2 hours with the most horrifying opener imaginable, a guy named wolff who just yelled and "played" tuba.

Anyways, my bud and I had a good spot and we were waiting for hours. This GIGANTIC douchebag started shoving people to get to the front. I yelled something like "ya fuckin' whale" or something like that thinking he didn't hear me. Anyways, Bucket is about to come on and I feel this hand squeeze my neck. It was the giant and he said something like "Don't think I am going to let what you said slide, I am going to kill you." Now I am in a shady area of Detroit with this giant creep about to kill me, I was pretty scared. He then asked how much money I had on me and I just felt fucked. My friend was scared shitless too. I knew i couldn't fight this guy, and security was horrible at the show so I did the only sensible thing. I laughed and apologized. saying I was dehydrated and tired from waiting, and hoped he would understand. I then put my arm around him and offered a high five. He was confused as fuck and I guess just let it go. Later that night the giant's friend beat up some guy right beside me.

I had one eye over my shoulder that whole night and my friend and I booked it out of there during the encore. Bucket was amazing live, and I highly recommend seeing him. Just make sure it is in a safer area as he attracts a lot of creeps!

Wow man, that sucks. My wife and I were at the same show but we were way in the way to the left of the stage. I agree that the opener was just awful.

The first time I ever saw Alice Cooper was on the Special Forces tour. It was general admission and we were pretty close to the front.
When Alice came on, this insane crush started, people from both sides were trying to push in and the people behind were crushing everyone forward.

We were literally lifted off our feet, with our arms pinned at our sides, I couldn't move.

All I could think of was, if we go down, we're dead. Visions of the Who gig in Cincinnati flashing through my head.

I looked over at my friends next to me and one of them said, just don't panic.

So what we tried to do was go with the flow and not fight it, and do our best to stay upright.

It was the only time at a concert, ever, that I had no control over my movements. I couldn't even lift my arms up from my side.

It was quite terrifying.

Edited by Zint

The first time I ever saw Alice Cooper was on the Special Forces tour. It was general admission and we were pretty close to the front.

When Alice came on, this insane crush started, people from both sides were trying to push in and the people behind were crushing everyone forward.

We were literally lifted off our feet, with our arms pinned at our sides, I couldn't move.

All I could think of was, if we go down, we're dead. Visions of the Who gig in Cincinnati flashing through my head.

I looked over at my friends next to me and one of them said, just don't panic.

So what we tried to do was go with the flow and not fight it, and do our best to stay upright.

It was the only time at a concert, ever, that I had no control over my movements. I couldn't even lift my arms up from my side.

It was quite terrifying.

I experienced that in the queue to get into the venue for the Maiden gig in Zagreb. Decided not to do the barrier after that :lol:

Crazy shit, it's scary being suspended in air because the crowd is packed so tight.

That's happened to me twice :lol: first time was during a Slipknot show and the other was Suicide Silence (opening for In Flames). Although for SS I was front row so I was pinned to the barrier...

I also had that happen to me at a Slipknot show. Not a fun experience, fought my way out as soon as I could.

Alter Bridge were probably my most disappointing: it was for the London Live set and it really just lacked energy. I remember thinking, I paid how much for this?! Makes for a good live album, admittedly - but they were clearly focusing on trying not to mess up rather than anything else :lol:

Guns N' Roses 2014.

Concert was awesome, the place was packed and the crowd was insaaaaaaaaane watching Duff on-stage. I arrived 12:30 PM and started to do the line to enter the stadium with NOTHING in my stomach. I was near the stage, but the show started and it was an avalancha of people that I can't even move. I felt so sick that in It's So Easy I couldn't move, nor jumping, nor singing, nothing. It was horrible.

i would have punched him in the adam's apple, i think.

I wanted to but couldn't turn around the pit was tight

I haven't really had "bad" concert experiences, the only 2 shows that come to mind are the 3rd time I saw In Flames (the band was great but I got too drunk), and when I saw Marilyn Manson in 2009 or so. He spent most of the show drinking budweiser and spitting it back out. It was opening night of the tour and and he sounded and looked like shit. I spent probably a third of his set at the merch booth talking to the openers (Die Mannequin).

I haven't really had "bad" concert experiences, the only 2 shows that come to mind are the 3rd time I saw In Flames (the band was great but I got too drunk), and when I saw Marilyn Manson in 2009 or so. He spent most of the show drinking budweiser and spitting it back out. It was opening night of the tour and and he sounded and looked like shit. I spent probably a third of his set at the merch booth talking to the openers (Die Mannequin).

Yeah, I've heard pretty terrible things about Manson even from his fans. I was curious to see him live and then I saw some YouTube videos... The guy really does not give a fuck.

Saw him at a festival opening for Zombie. Boring as hell.

Yeah, it was a coheadline thing with Zombie a year or so ago. My then coworker was a fan of both but said Zombie was much better. Cosmo told me he really enjoyed his set at RIR, will try to see Zombie at some point.

Having to stand on the balcony in the back of a Slash show because they had changed venues (slash couldn't sell enough seats to justify playing a 5k seater so he moved to a 1k) to one that served alcohol on the floor. Despite being 18 at the time, I had forgotten my ID and had to stand in the very back with a bunch of obnoxious 16 year olds despite paying more than what most of the people on the floor had.

Having to stand on the balcony in the back of a Slash show because they had changed venues (slash couldn't sell enough seats to justify playing a 5k seater so he moved to a 1k) to one that served alcohol on the floor. Despite being 18 at the time, I had forgotten my ID and had to stand in the very back with a bunch of obnoxious 16 year olds despite paying more than what most of the people on the floor had.

I remember that i think, want myles sick too?

Yeah, it was a coheadline thing with Zombie a year or so ago. My then coworker was a fan of both but said Zombie was much better. Cosmo told me he really enjoyed his set at RIR, will try to see Zombie at some point.
nah, it wasn't at their co-headline thing, it was Rock On The Range :tongue2:

nah, it wasn't at their co-headline thing, it was Rock On The Range :tongue2:

No, I'm talkng about the gig my coworker went to in London (part of a coheadline European tour I think).