New Bumblefoot Interview

Guest NGOG

23 Days and Counting... 2nfx.png

If he is really gonna leave = very bad sign.

Funny, DJ and Fortus are gonna write songs during the residency, but no sign of the Foot. Bad sign.

They didn't say that. They just said that they had intentions of getting some of the guys together and writing (nothing about who would be present and who wouldn't).

23 Days and Counting... 2nfx.png

If he is really gonna leave = very bad sign.

Funny, DJ and Fortus are gonna write songs during the residency, but no sign of the Foot. Bad sign.

They didn't say that. They just said that they had intentions of getting some of the guys together and writing (nothing about who would be present and who wouldn't).

I know, but it's pretty obvious, Dizzy and Tommy were at DJ's studio last year, Axl's too. Now Fortus. I'm pretty damn sure that Ron is left around.

DJ wants to make his album. When he said that he wanted Ballad Of Death and La Bella Vita on the next album...

Edited by Silent Jay

It's nice to see the support for bbf here.

But let's take off the rose-colored glasses for a moment.

Ron was never a well known or successful musician, and with the money he's making by playing Slash's songs, he'll never leave GNR of his own accord.

Also, Axl clearly isn't inspired by anything that bbf or any of his other cover musicians write. Axl hired them to play songs written by slash, izzy, and duff, primarily. To Axl, bbf isn't an option for songwriting.

Maybe, just maybe, bbf isn't the next Mozart like how this forum seems to think.

Ron was never a well known or successful musician, and with the money he's making by playing Slash's songs, he'll never leave GNR of his own accord.

Also, Axl clearly isn't inspired by anything that bbf or any of his other cover musicians write. Axl hired them to play songs written by slash, izzy, and duff, primarily. To Axl, bbf isn't an option for songwriting.

Maybe, just maybe, bbf isn't the next Mozart like how this forum seems to think.

That Argentina Tango shit he played was really bad and uninspired. Thankfully it won't become a GNR song. Axl released Scraped though which is one of the worst rock songs I've ever heard and make me question his common sense and music skills overall.

• Like 1

BBF has the talent, he clearly knows his shit and is a wealth of information on rock n' roll, his solo stuff is interesting, I'm sure he can adapt it to a GNR band setting with contributions from the other guys. Who knows how much Bucket and Finck did regarding songwriting, we know they played the instruments but Axl was the force that moulded the tracks and got what he wanted from them. We know Ashba can write songs but SixxAM isn't really how I'd enjoy a GNR band to sound, but he can at least write in the popular format, add the other guys to the mix and we have an intriguing concept. 4tus is a solid player but no one really knows what he can bring to a record.

BBF has the talent, he clearly knows his shit and is a wealth of information on rock n' roll, his solo stuff is interesting, I'm sure he can adapt it to a GNR band setting with contributions from the other guys. Who knows how much Bucket and Finck did regarding songwriting, we know they played the instruments but Axl was the force that moulded the tracks and got what he wanted from them. We know Ashba can write songs but SixxAM isn't really how I'd enjoy a GNR band to sound, but he can at least write in the popular format, add the other guys to the mix and we have an intriguing concept. 4tus is a solid player but no one really knows what he can bring to a record.

This all looks nice on paper but there's this "small" detail: Axl has no apparent desire to write or record new music with these guys. Would love to be proved wrong (lies on interviews don't count).

That Argentina Tango shit he played was really bad and uninspired. Thankfully it won't become a GNR song. Axl released Scraped though which is one of the worst rock songs I've ever heard and make me question his common sense and music skills overall.

Your exaggerating is funny. How old are you?

2nfx.png

Come on Ron, leave this band already! If you do, I'll buy a copy of your new album to show my support.

Get ready to buy his new album, then. I'm pretty sure he'll leave the day after the residency.

I got a funny feeling that something is wrong today...

I got a funny feeling that Ron will go away.

Lame, I know, but still funnier than Ashba's jokes.

A few years ago I'd be sad if he was about to leave. Now I'll give him all my support :lol: in fact most people that know or follow him will.

• Like 1

I'm 26. Why do you think I am exaggerating? Scraped being one of the worst songs ever? The fact that I question Axl's common sense and music skills for actually releasing it?

Just for fun......

What would his age matter?

And what is he "exaggerating" about? His opinion about two different songs? So his personal opinion is exaggerated?

Argentina Tango will never be a hit song - you can take that to the bank.

Scraped is generally agreed upon as being the worst song on CD.

The OP doesn't like either song.

So what exactly does his age matter, and what exactly is he exaggerating about?

Wasn't a successful musician... well, he was discovered by GnR for a reason ya'know! such BS. Ron wasn't on MTV or selling a million records but he was doing just fine on his own, touring and making a stable living teaching and recording. Your definition of success is obviously very different from mine. If my career amounted to what Ron had before joining GnR I would be quite happy and comfortable.

What does anyone hear know about Ron or what it would take for him to quit...? he could easily quit the band once his contract ends and still have a pretty successful music career, probably a much less stressful life ta-boot! less money but who cares.

Now, his demos were just that... demos, some of that was composed there and then other parts were written elsewhere... it wasn't the most inspired piece but using a bit of imagination I could well see it becoming a song that I'd like to listen to. I watched the video twice when it first came on Youtube, months later I found myself humming it and playing on guitar... I can't say that about a lot of new music and I certainly can't say that about most artists rough demos... When we get the next record and Djs material is all over the place you will all say "I wish Argentina was on the album..."

Wasn't a successful musician... well, he was discovered by GnR for a reason ya'know! such BS. Ron wasn't on MTV or selling a million records but he was doing just fine on his own, touring and making a stable living teaching and recording. Your definition of success is obviously very different from mine. If my career amounted to what Ron had before joining GnR I would be quite happy and comfortable.

What does anyone hear know about Ron or what it would take for him to quit...? he could easily quit the band once his contract ends and still have a pretty successful music career, probably a much less stressful life ta-boot! less money but who cares.

Now, his demos were just that... demos, some of that was composed there and then other parts were written elsewhere... it wasn't the most inspired piece but using a bit of imagination I could well see it becoming a song that I'd like to listen to. I watched the video twice when it first came on Youtube, months later I found myself humming it and playing on guitar... I can't say that about a lot of new music and I certainly can't say that about most artists rough demos... When we get the next record and Djs material is all over the place you will all say "I wish Argentina was on the album..."

I don't believe for a sec he'll stick around after the residency. Well, we'll find out in a few weeks. It is a shame because we know that Axl and the band could have been much better and bigger, but Axl had to fuck everything up. Truth be told - I don't think he wants to go forward with Guns, not anymore, which is a shame.

He will record those songs as solo songs so we'll get to hear them sooner than later.

Get ready to buy his new album, then. I'm pretty sure he'll leave the day after the residency.

You being his biggest supporter should ask him about it. :lol:

I would definitely support his solo career as soon as he leaves Axl's band. The man deserves it, just please, no more shit talkin'.

I would definitely support his solo career as soon as he leaves Axl's band. The man deserves it, just please, no more shit talkin'.

This. I promise to give Ron's albums a good listen if he leaves Axl's band. Just stop talking and fucking leave and shake things up a little.

Heeeey, I'm not his biggest supporter :lol: one of his biggest, yes, of course. :lol: In a few weeks I believe he'll talk about it. I don't think he's shit talking - he's got the balls to talk about stuff the others - Excluding Tommy - don't and hide from us. According to Ashba, he's living a dream and nothing bad will ever happen, they're writing several albums, each show is a surprise etc.