The "official" Paul Hugh (Huge) thread

I liked him. He was sort of like an Izzy 2.0, even with his reason for leaving. You have to wonder if things would have turned out different if he stuck around, though if I hear right he's apparently still an official member, just in a studio capacity. Anyone know what he's up to these days?

I like the "call-answer" schtick on Sympathy. He helped co-write TWAT and Prostitute, which are 2 of my favourite songs. Then again, TWAT isn't much without the Buckethead solo, and is even less without the Finck solo. I like his piano part on TWAT, can't tell what guitar parts are his.

• Like 1

What the hell !!!! This is my thread haha but mine was locked!!!

I knew he has credits on TWAT so the other song is prostitute? Awesome! Are those not thought by many to be "big guns" I think there's a reason Axl wanted this guy in his presence wether it be just the fact that in Axls mind he helped him write music and get over his writers block or watever.. For some reason Axl thought him as part of his new vision? I really want to know what else he helped Ax come up with

Edited by Estranged Coma

He has writing credits for Catcher and IRS, too.

Thanks! I Really like catcher wasn't my fav at first but today it's the song I listen to the most on the album.. IRS I always liked and still due love vocals especially towards the end!

So that's TWAT Catcher IRS and Prostitute which he has credits on?

Im sure there's much more material in the vault he has a hand in. Shoot who knows he could still be in contact with Axl working on shit for all we know (probably not). Clearly none of the current members know what Axl is doing in terms of the material I wouldn't doubt Paul could and will have a stamp on the next record.

I knew he has credits on TWAT so the other song is prostitute? Awesome! Are those not thought by many to be "big guns" I think there's a reason Axl wanted this guy in his presence wether it be just the fact that in Axls mind he helped him write music and get over his writers block or watever.. For some reason Axl thought him as part of his new vision? I really want to know what else he helped Ax come up with

No.

No.

Your right again. There's no way Paul won't heavily influence the next record! I think we just figured out why the wait we are not waiting on Axl to finish we are waiting for Paul to finish up his touches on the album!

No.

Your right again. There's no way Paul won't heavily influence the next record! I think we just figured out why the wait we are not waiting on Axl to finish we are waiting for Paul to finish up his touches on the album!

No.

No.

No.

In Paul we trust!

I know the guy cops a lot of shit, but it seems he really was the "Izzy of New GNR" in his role as Axl's (main?) collaborator.

I'm more a fan of this guy than Ron, Frank or DJ...at least until I hear something the material they write and perform on a GNR album.

• Like 2

I still think he had the best stage charisma (besides Axl) of any nuGnR member. At least he looked like he'd fit in a band like Gn'R. He looks pretty cool on those New Year's Eve 2001 shots.

I thought he had a cool look too certainly better than goth or watever you want to call finks style then which was just flat out ugly.. I thought he looked like he could be in Nickleback or Somthing lol