The "official" Paul Hugh (Huge) thread

He looked cool in the Joint pics, but a little out of place during the Rio gig. I'm sure he would have settled in better had he stuck around though. Live, I can take him or leave him, but his writing is all over CD. Apparently more than the booklet would lead you to believe. He is an absolute must if Axl ever records a new album.

• Like 1

It was silly of Slash to say he "hated" Paul unless he had a real reason to actually hate the guy. Maybe if Kushner & Arkeen were a part of it, things may have smoothed over. Izzy also knew Paul for a long time but he was doing his own thing. Slash, Duff and Matt were in and out all the time and Axl was battling his exes in court, the "Burning Hills" fax should have came right after "Sympathy for the Devil" and shut the whole thing down instead of letting it collapse over the next few years.

I always liked Slash's comments on Paul. Something along the lines of his name is Paul Huge but he calls himself Paul Tobias for some reason. (Or the other way around).

I never really understood why Axl brought him in.

I'm pretty sure his full name is Paul Huge Tobias. I don't know for sure if the obituary is one of his grandfathers, but it's likely because Lafayette IN was mentioned.

I always liked Slash's comments on Paul. Something along the lines of his name is Paul Huge but he calls himself Paul Tobias for some reason. (Or the other way around).

I never really understood why Axl brought him in.

Slash's real name is Saul but he calls himself Slash for some reason.

Watching that vid of Rocket Queen I understand why Slash called him a bedroom guitarist.

Seriously, what's with Axl bringing on these people who are no better than any 15 year old kid you can find at Guitar Center? DJ, Huge, BBF, Ashba, Fortus-- they're all as special as any kid showing off his new gear on YouTube.

Watching that vid of Rocket Queen I understand why Slash called him a bedroom guitarist.

Seriously, what's with Axl bringing on these people who are no better than any 15 year old kid you can find at Guitar Center? DJ, Huge, BBF, Ashba, Fortus-- they're all as special as any kid showing off his new gear on YouTube.

Same can be said for Myles Kennedy's "songwriting".

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

And why would anyone 'special' would want join Axl's nuGn'R show…?

And why would anyone 'special' would want join Axl's nuGn'R show…?

A fair point. Also, what would be the point of Axl bringing in someone special if he doesn't allow them to use their talents?

While someone may agree with some of these names, it's bullshit comparing people like Ron or Richard with a 15 year old kid at a guitar center.

• Like 1

While someone may agree with some of these names, it's bullshit comparing people like Ron or Richard with a 15 year old kid at a guitar center.

Yeah you're right. I should be comparing their "talent" to that of a 14 year old girl, not a 15 year old boy.

http://youtu.be/fDTm1IzQf-U

Because shredding is soooooo hard to do, only richard and bbf can do it, right?

I loved it when he did this to the Rocket Queen solo.

Starts around 2:05

/sarcasm

The band was tolerable, but Axl's voice

holy shit, this is bad, i don't even remember how bad was his voice during this "first" big show

The brazilian sound enginer was total shit, though

Yeah you're right. I should be comparing their "talent" to that of a 14 year old girl, not a 15 year old boy.

http://youtu.be/fDTm1IzQf-U

Because shredding is soooooo hard to do, only richard and bbf can do it, right?

It seems to me, that you're degrading womens by this comment

You're so rock n' roll dude

(and a mizogynist, too)

Btw i'm surprised that you still don't get a ban

Still mad this is not my thread!! Lol

Get over it. Yours was a cupcake thread while mine is the "official" thread :hahafyou:

Haha damn you!

And how the hell was mine a cupcake thread!?! this is the first time I've typed cupcake in my lie!?! Because my title said Paul was awesome???!!!!

This is a cupcake forum now in my book I've lost all respect :P

carry on

• Like 1