Live Q&A about Vegas Residency

There's probably a good handful of epics lingering but Ashba thinks he's better than Buckethead, Finck, BBF, 4TUS combined so insist on pigeonholing Axl in his hotel rooms going 'Wait, Axl, I got another sleazy rock n' roll totally awesome song here' and Axl laments for the day he picked him as his number 2 but is unable to translate his feelings because he's blinded by swag.

In a more realistic sense, I'm sure with DJ as PART and not the INTEGRAL involvement with the songwriting he can come up with some good stuff, I mean his work outside GNR i really don't admire but ballad of death and mi amor aren't too bad, just he's the type of guy that would dismiss anything going before he joined, so I can imagine his enthusiastic sweeping away of CD era questions filled him with narcissistic joy.

There's probably a good handful of epics lingering but Ashba thinks he's better than Buckethead, Finck, BBF, 4TUS combined so insist on pigeonholing Axl in his hotel rooms going 'Wait, Axl, I got another sleazy rock n' roll totally awesome song here' and Axl laments for the day he picked him as his number 2 but is unable to translate his feelings because he's blinded by swag.

In a more realistic sense, I'm sure with DJ as PART and not the INTEGRAL involvement with the songwriting he can come up with some good stuff, I mean his work outside GNR i really don't admire but ballad of death and mi amor aren't too bad, just he's the type of guy that would dismiss anything going before he joined, so I can imagine his enthusiastic sweeping away of CD era questions filled him with narcissistic joy.

Exactly, Dj said multiple times that he wanted Ballad Of Death on the next album, now Bella Vita. Very sleazy rock n' roll songs..

This is how this Q&A is going to go down.

We ask - Will we hear different songs at the residency?

They say - We're blown away by how different and spontaneous our sets are.

We ask - When can we hear new music?

They say - DJ has a cool new merch table at the show.

We ask - Why is DJ allowed to keep killing solo's

They say - DJ is antibullying.

DJ's answer to what's the best unreleased song from the CD sessions "None, or we would have released them". I......hate him so fucking much. He's got some balls talking like that about songs he had nothing to do with, thank God. For that reason alone, I want to hear the rest of the CD sessions more than any generic cock-rock sounding music he's been crapping out and sending to Axl.

Personally, I think it's cute how DJ says "or we would have..." as if he has a shred of control over when and if GNR releases new music. Pathetic, really. Albeit, par for the course lately.

That dude has to be one of the worst things that happened to music. He's a disgrace to the music world. He's not funny, he's retarded, he's #demented, he can't play, can't write (Oh, no, Nikki Sixx stuff do not count), doesn't consider himself primarily a guitarist or musician, is a fkn poser, asshole (Hotel lady & fan beating comes to mind), and looks like someone who my 13 years old emo niece would hysterically laugh at.

• Like 1

I find the "unpredictable setlists" and "we try to mix it up" comments the worst.

The worst, Jerry.

Isn't that the cornhole part of the entire GnR situation?

People would be more accepting and the complaints would go down if the band just admitted what they were. Stop hinting at new music, stop saying there is a backlog of songs and that you are currently writing songs, stop talking about "unpredictable setlists", stop talking about surprises, etc. If band members were just honest with their fans, then the fans wouldn't complain and gripe so much.

I don't understand what they gain by lying about the sets, I mean, the evidence is RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE'S EYES LOL. And the new music is even more bizarre, 10% of the fanbase have been looking forward for new stuff for aeons now, maybe 20% would give a damn and be converted if Axl did some pushing towards providing evidence and enthusiasm like he done for the Democracy lead up (yeah 7 years it sustained...) but he's just pissed it all in the wind these last four years. What do they gain by banging on about how new stuff is just around the corner, once we've finished this tour, maybe we'll jam on the next tour, we're hoping to work on it after the latest tour, we've got some ideas and there's three albums worth, but just after the tour after the next tour we'll try to work on it and get it out next year, after the tour next year. What do they gain? The fanbase desiring or even being conscious of new material is dwindling daily, the momentum has gone stale and Axl has gone sailing again.

I find the "unpredictable setlists" and "we try to mix it up" comments the worst.

The worst, Jerry.

Isn't that the cornhole part of the entire GnR situation?

People would be more accepting and the complaints would go down if the band just admitted what they were. Stop hinting at new music, stop saying there is a backlog of songs and that you are currently writing songs, stop talking about "unpredictable setlists", stop talking about surprises, etc. If band members were just honest with their fans, then the fans wouldn't complain and gripe so much.

You just want to grab him by his dumb hat and scream at him that the setlist.fm site is a thing.

And we can all read.

I'm glad they did this. They shut the door on new material being played, which is great in terms of honesty and what kind of show you will be seeing. Not that it matters too much because most fans don't care, but the big fans might make the trip out to Vegas if we had hope for new material.

I liked the question about "if Axl will wear all those jackets and layers"

This would have been much clearer if it was Axl answering the questions. Instead I think he doesn't know about this.

Anyways it was pretty useless except for reaffirming that new material is not even on the table at the moment.

If I could do it, I would have gone to Vegas this year, but there is no money available for this trip. Since it sounds like the same show, hopefully, I won't be missing anything.

It would have been cool to see GNR again, but I really didn't like Vegas at all. I hope GNR do a US tour again and come back to Dallas, otherwise I don't know when I would be able to see them again.