So I'm a fan since I was 11 years old, I'm now 36.

I love guns, always have, always will.

Do I get de-spirited when I see current members of guns say they have no idea whether material recorded during the Chinese democracy sessions will be released? You bet your ass!

Do I believe there is a shed-load of material just waiting for a release agreement between guns and the label? Shit yes!

So in short, let's enjoy what we have. A great band touring and the promise of new music from a band we love.

The thing is they're not even good when touring. Axl's voice isn't good enough at the moment, so there's really nothing to be too happy about at the moment. Had his voice been better the situation would have been much more promising. Now i'm not even sure how new material would sound unless Axl has already recorded vocals on new songs years ago.

I think we all enjoy the band. It's just hard to be positive with the way things have been going lately.

It's really a bummer to see someone like Axl phoning it in when we all know he's capable of so much more.

You don't enjoy this band? Why are you here?

Gay.
No offence buddy but you haven't answered my question

Sick of the BS from 'fans' here

Hey we are fans, but we are also realists. There is no market for CD 2, plain and simple. CD 2 will perform even lower than TSI did. Is that what you want as a fan? The further down fall of one of the legendary bands. I say no thank you. CD was pretty good album, but that time is over. It's reunion or death for this band, no more middle ground.

I want Duff....

Then Izzy....

Then the top hatted snake man (I forget his name)...

We're all fans here. We want new music. We want variety at shows. We want Axl to look and sound good. We want to fucking enjoy GnFnR as much as we did that first time we saw the video or heard the song that made us fans in the first place, all those years ago.

And we're never gonna get ANY of that.

That's why we're fucking pissed off and have written him off. He doesn't appreciate us and that's plain as day. And it's never gonna change. It's fucking over.

Sucking Fat Axl's lazy dick in 2014 just cause he was awesome 20 years ago doesn't make you a FAN....it makes you a pathetic loser.

Oh and PS....there is no "shed load" of new music and there never was, and there never will be. "BELIEVE" that.

This.

If CD 2 had any good songs, they would have been on CD. It makes no sense to save great songs after you spent 15 mil making the damn album. I'm sure the record company would be perfectly fine letting Axl save his best stuff after they spent all that money. That's just smart business...... lol

Come on people wake up. The CD era is over. We have two choices an album with this line up (which might be decent or perhaps not) or a reunion. It's clear that the record company isn't going to give Axl any money to record with this line up (why would they after the CD debacle). So it's either reunion or death.

I get frustrated with the lack of new music just like anyone else, but does anyone here really believe guns sent 12+ years recording 14 songs?

I sincerely believe that we will have a new album by early 2016 at the latest. It's further away than I would prefer to wait, but it will be worth the wait. Of that I'm sure.

The problem with fans like you is that Axl would decide to make Beta play bass, Jarmo play drums and hire a donkey as a 3rd keyboard player and you would still say "enjoy what we have"...

Eh, no. There's not much to enjoy with this band anymore and it's been the case for years now.

Sick of the BS from 'fans' here

80gw.jpg

As unfortunate as I think it is, this. If you're looking for an abundance of support and fandom for the current lineup, the last place you'll find it is MyGNR. I'd suggest ParadiseCity.com or HTGTH. But yeah, signing out and going elsewhere is probably your best bet for what you're looking for.

PS- both of the aforementioned sites are cool.