Vocal chart shows that Axl's vocal range is impeccable

I see a lot of love for Patton all over my facebook and in here now - but can someone post some live vids of his voice prowess? Now, I have a limited knowledge of his vast discography, but I've never seen any live recording where he truly demonstrates power and range to award any accolades. Not arguing mind, just curious...

I see a lot of love for Patton all over my facebook and in here now - but can someone post some live vids of his voice prowess? Now, I have a limited knowledge of his vast discography, but I've never seen any live recording where he truly demonstrates power and range to award any accolades. Not arguing mind, just curious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsXRiV6yo4

Edited by realpoti

I didnt know that side of Patton.... Good singer, but not as incredible and mindblowing like you wanna make him appear.

Another inflated fart of the haters. Axl's still better.

i agree, Axl when on point he is on another level, he can just do so many things with his voice.

Look, if anyone is better or around the same range as Axl, we would already know.

It's so easy, like, we know Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera or Freddy Mercury are "da shit" even if we never ever listened to an entire song from them. Its like you hear a few seconds and you know they got it.

Same with Axl.

Patton... and the others.... had to present proof from YouTube ¬¬

Look, if anyone is better or around the same range as Axl, we would already know.

It's so easy, like, we know Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera or Freddy Mercury are "da shit" even if we never ever listened to an entire song from them. Its like you hear a few seconds and you know they got it.

Same with Axl.

Vocal range has nothing to do style or consistency or "knowing they got it". You're just putting your taste on the table here.

Same with Axl.

Vocal range has nothing to do style or consistency or "knowing they got it". You're just putting your taste on the table here.

I think it would be highly unlikely that someone with a vocal range like Axl's or the other artists in the list, would not turn out to be great singers at some point. Unless they had decided to go for architecture or engineering...

Regarding style or consistency (wtf), of course, I dont like Mariah Carey's style or music to be more fair. But that doesn't allow me to label her as a bad singer or someone who can't sing.

Mike Patton is a good singer, he has a good voice and that I can't deny. Yet, I couldn't put him in the same level as Freddy Mercury.

Also, some people have a more limited vocal range and can sing good, in harmony, under their a style or music that suits their vocal range.

Same with Axl.

I think it would be highly unlikely that someone with a vocal range like Axl's or the other artists in the list, would not turn out to be great singers at some point. Unless they had decided to go for architecture or engineering...

Regarding style or consistency (wtf), of course, I dont like Mariah Carey's style or music to be more fair. But that doesn't allow me to label her as a bad singer or someone who can't sing.

Mike Patton is a good singer, he has a good voice and that I can't deny. Yet, I couldn't put him in the same level as Freddy Mercury.

Also, some people have a more limited vocal range and can sing good, in harmony, under their a style or music that suits their vocal range.

Tim Storms holds the record for the widest vocal range and he's far from being a great singer. Nobody would put him in from of Axl or Freddie. Just take a look at this video:

I just have to present proof from youtube because you're not familiar with his work and that's ok. There's a lot of weird shit on his discography. Axl and Freddie gave us remarkable performances, but they're nowhere near Patton's versality and I'm dead serious on this one. Axl would probably agree with me. I got into FNM and Mr. Bungle after reading that Axl was fascinated with them.

I didnt know that side of Patton.... Good singer, but not as incredible and mindblowing like you wanna make him appear.

Another inflated fart of the haters. Axl's still better.

i agree, Axl when on point he is on another level, he can just do so many things with his voice.

Yeah, I'm sure Axl could sing some Fantomas...

Except not really : he can't even sing some Guns n' Roses nowadays.

Axl during his late 80's prime was a force beyond all other rock singers including Freddie, Plant, and Tyler. He would make other people's songs sound better, that's a rare quality. I prefer classic gnr's versions of Whole lotta rosie, Knockin (of course), Mama kin, live and let die, and most of TSI over the original versions. Also Axl's duets like Under my wheels and Free Fallin' he completly blows Alice Cooper and Tom Petty away vocally imo. Which I'm not knocking any of the original artists, I'm just pointing out that Axl was that increadable. He could sing the phone book and make it sound awesome. I still think he's pretty solid and better than most, but There Was A Time....

Yeah. As I said earlier Patton's voice has a broader range and is even more versatile than Axl's, still I like Axl's a lot more. Not because Axl's voice is better but because of what he does with his voice. There is just something about the raw emotions in his voice, how it moves between notes. It resonates with me. It sends shivers down my spine. It makes me wish I could sing like that. And whereas Patton's voice is awesome, he just doesn't manage to do exactly that to me which Axl's does.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still guys I have never heard another singer like Axl that has so many different so called voices or tones that he so famously sings with. It's one of that rare selling points for me with Axl are a frontman that no one has ever touched in my search for others, even Patton, just listen to all his material , he does not have the sheer multitude of tones in his singing as Axl. This is one of the big things that always made Axl so unique to me, and refreshing to listen to all the time, I always heard a new singing tone before I got bored with the last to much.

Also it's not like this is news that Axl has an insane vocal range, a number of big name/famous musicians have previously said Axl has a top 5 greatest vocal range, it's that coupled with all the other pros of his singing and sheer presence that make him a front-man powerhouse.

Edited by amacfantasy