Do You Think MYGNRFORUM is a "Tough Crowd"?

Ace Nova

I've been browsing through other areas of the forum and I'm somewhat surprised seeing how "abrasive" some members of this community are to one another. I know there's always been some of that stuff going on around here...but seems like a little more than usual lately.

Anyway....in your opinion, is this community a "tough crowd"?

• Like 1

I don't think it's that tough. Hostility happens in any community environment and when you only have text as the means of communication some people are going to interpret posts in completely different ways to others, so disagreement and personality clashes are a natural element. If someone doesn't like it they don't have to stay, so some conflict should be considered normal and acceptable. Obviously mods being fair is a big part of how cohesive the whole environment is. One extreme to the other will create either Jarmos site, or complete anarchy (probably like the Stones and Van Halen forums Zint mentioned).

Guest Len B'stard

Nah, most everybody on here is lovely really. I mean i differ with people up and down on here but the worst criticism i could level on anyone is that they're a bit silly...and im hardly innocent in that regard myself.

But no, i dont think ive ever encountered someone on here where i've thought 'fuckin hell, this is a horrible cunt, i dont think i could tolerate this person if i knew em'.

Fuck with me and find out. :max:

OK, here goes:

Philosophy is for benders!!

*waits* :D

Motherfucker, I will come where you lay! I'ma carve your teeth out with a butter knife and fashion a set of dentures for grandukes. I'ma stab your nuts with a fork and cut them shits off at the base. I'ma stuff 'em in your toothless mouth and send a pic to your moms. Come at me.

Guest Len B'stard

I've bitten off more than i can chew sir, how do i opt out with my dignity intact? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I've been browsing through other areas of the forum and I'm somewhat surprised seeing how "abrasive" some members of this community are to one another. I know there's always been some of that stuff going on around here...but seems like a little more than usual lately.

Really? I don't see much of a difference in that regard. Some of the names have changed over the years, but there's always been disagreements.

The big change I've noticed in the past decade is that I feel the quality of posters has changed, and how they present themselves on here. You'll always have heated debates in Discussion & News : nu vs. old band, Axl vs. Slash, etc., but I actually think it's gotten much better since implementing the changes and no longer segregating the different lineups. But it's Anything Goes in particular that is the section I've seen the most change, it's become more of a chat room and a personal blog for some, as opposed to what it once was, a community comprised of many different individuals from all over the world discussing a variety of notable and interesting topics. It's not as much about sharing thoughts and opinions on world events, it's now our version of Facebook. I know more about the lives of strangers on the internet than I do co-workers who I see and speak to everyday. It's a breeding ground for the self-absorbed.

• Like 4