Who do you think is the weakest link in current GNR?

Weakest weak in GNR  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A few of them could be for different reasons

Ashba for his solo's

Axl for his up and down performance and strange concept of timescales

Ron for his will he stay/will he go tweets and tantrums

Depends what you want from the band as to which is a problem, if you are a casual fan rocking up to Vegas to get pissed, have a laugh and hear SCOM you probably won't care or know about any of the above.

For the band? I voted Axl based on his mindset. It seems he's the only one who isn't interested in writing/recording/moving forward. When you have that, it isn't a good morale boost. That's all hypothetical though, since I don't really know. I'm just going off the countless interviews Dizzy, Fortus, Ron, and DJ have given about new material.

For live shows? DJ. He botches many of the songs worse than Axl's vocals do.

I've been saying this for quite a few years now. Axl is the weak link. he's the one guy holding this band back. This band could've been amazing by now but Axl is the one stopping it from happening. Also as much flak as DJ gets I still think he has the ability to perform even if he messes up often. I don't see Axl being the performer he once was and in fact I feel he's the weak link when it comes to that as well now.

• Like 1

Performance wise, overall, it's DJ. But it could be Axl on any given night, and it is Axl on a few songs.

For the band as a whole it's unquestionably Axl. But, at the same time, I wouldn't give a single fuck about this band if Axl wasn't in it.

Performance wise, overall, it's DJ. But it could be Axl on any given night, and it is Axl on a few songs.

For the band as a whole it's unquestionably Axl. But, at the same time, I wouldn't give a single fuck about this band if Axl wasn't in it.

unless perhaps they dicthed Axl and found a new singer and proceeded to record and album..... I think we'd all be interested in seeing at least what that would sound like

unless perhaps they dicthed Axl and found a new singer and proceeded to record and album..... I think we'd all be interested in seeing at least what that would sound like

I'd be more interested in hearing what they could do with Axl in the studio, pushing all of them to be the best they can. I'm too realistic to hope for that though. Bumble has been in the band for 8 fucking years and has little to show for. He actually went a few steps back as a musician imo. He was prolific and artistically bloomed until he got the gig.

Pretty much this

Also noticed how 4tus got 0 votes, that says something :headbang::4tus:

To be honest there are reasons to vote for each of them -

Axl - sounds signifcantly weaker than previous years and rarely ventures out of comfort zone setlist wise.
Dizzy - Doesn't add much to live performances, and he and Pitman wrote Silkworms....
Pitman - Does even less than Dizzy, wrote Silkworms
Tommy - Duff > Tommy
Fortus - Underused

DJ - So many reasons...
BBF - Pointless noodling, terrible tone.

Frank - Brain > Frank

Edited by robin2002