Did Girls Go Crazy for Axl and Slash Back in the Good Ol Days?

Now? Um, no, I don't think so. No offense to Axl at all but he's not my type, and I don't think I've ever heard of women going crazy about him the way they do for Tyler. Steven Tyler has something about him where even if you don't think he looks like a male model, you think he's sexy because of the way he carries himself. I don't think I would say no to him myself.

I don't think any of the guys in the current band are all that hot, in honesty. But I'm not listening to Guns N' Roses because they're hot; I listen to them because I like the music.

Matter of taste, I never thought Tyler was sexy, NEVER. But Axl always was and still is to me. It's a matter of taste. But you can have Steven, I'll have Axl, thank you very much ;)

• Like 2

Now? Um, no, I don't think so. No offense to Axl at all but he's not my type, and I don't think I've ever heard of women going crazy about him the way they do for Tyler. Steven Tyler has something about him where even if you don't think he looks like a male model, you think he's sexy because of the way he carries himself. I don't think I would say no to him myself.

I don't think any of the guys in the current band are all that hot, in honesty. But I'm not listening to Guns N' Roses because they're hot; I listen to them because I like the music.

Matter of taste, I never thought Tyler was sexy, NEVER. But Axl always was and still is to me. It's a matter of taste. But you can have Steven, I'll have Axl, thank you very much ;)

LOL, you have a deal. It's very much a matter of taste, yes. Steven Tyler isn't the sort of guy I'd normally find attractive, but there's just something about his onstage charisma and presence that seems very engaging to me. They always say that confidence is sexy, after all.

On the other hand, I'm really into the music for the music - I actually really resent those who feel that girls and women who like hard rock, go to concerts, etc. et al must only be there because they're trying to impress a guy and/or crush on the musicians. So if I'm going to an Aerosmith concert it's because I want to hear them play (and no, not the "Cryin," "Jaded" stuff, kthx), not because I'm sweating Steven Tyler.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Axl had the looks, the charisma, rebel attitude of a real rock star and a deep speaking voice that drove girls crazy and made him an idol for most guys (myself included).

Just take a look at the comments he gets from the girls...lol

Edited by trqster

Slash was addicted to sex. You need chicks to get addicted to sex.

Actually it was Adler who got the most pussy early on right? Groupies and such he had no standards. He claimed to slept with 10 women a day at some point? That's 3,650 a year. The fact that drummer can count that high is immersive truth in it's self.

Axl and Izzy weren't so much into the Crue orgy scene.

Edited by wasted

Axl had the looks, the charisma, rebel attitude of a real rock star and a deep speaking voice that drove girls crazy and made him an idol for most guys (myself included).

It's odd watching this, he looks nothing like he does today but the voice is the same and the hand gestures, the jewellery are the same as today.

It's like this is Axl's son rather than himself all those years ago.

It's odd watching this, he looks nothing like he does today but the voice is the same and the hand gestures, the jewellery are the same as today.

I always find it hard to seem them as the same person. Then again I think the Axl on stage looked a lot different than when he did interviews. So fierce on stage, so gentle in interviews.

But sometimes you can still see the 'young' Axl emerging now, like in that video from Whole Lotta Rosie from last weekend.

• Like 1

As much as I was a fan, I was still a kid, and with no internet back then, I really dont know. So just wondering if they were sex symbols back in the day.

- Did women go crazy over Axl and Slash, and even other members?

- Who did women go more crazy for- Axl or Slash?

- Is Axl still a sex symbol as Steven Tyler is to a lot of female fans? Or is DJ hogging all of them female fans of GNR?

Considering I was in grade school when Appetite came out, I wouldn't know the answers to #1 or #2, but I can tell you that when I was in JHS and HS, the only guy in the band that I found attractive at all was Duff, and that was in part because I'd read an interview where he said he liked to read and sounded smart. I didn't listen to them for their looks. I actually thought Slash and Izzy looked kind of gross.

But did they get lots of groupies? I'm sure they did. They were in a world-famous rock band, after all.

The stage and the power over an audience is an aphrodisiac. Rock represented the dirty boys. I don't think that's the case now, because a lot of rockers dress better than their audience these days.

Steven Tyler? Now?? Me thinks he looks like a drag queen. Dude looks like a lady.

steven_tyler-630x343.png

Here's Axl 3 years ago with such tales, but being humble as if Slash had to pass out for him to get the girl. Anyway yeah they were huge and as Kurt Cobain once even called them "The biggest rock band in the world", not in a positive light, but he knew they were.

They had it all, girls, freaks, midgets, a girl dressed as robocop, a Jamaican nurse wearing a shower cap, do-wop groups, Ice sculptures, a Russian guy who runs on a treadmill in a Cosby Sweater...

I'm sure there were pregnancies they had to deal with, real or made up, and there's probably women who had the kid that never told them about it.

that'd be so interesting to find an Axl's son somewhere..... I've always wondered how come it didn't happen..... Maybe Axl is sterile? or he took a lot of care (specially cuz of AIDS)?

I think he has lost some of the gestures and mannierisms... At times is hard to relate this Axl with new Axl.

Just compare this interview with the Jimmy Kimmel one and :(

Axl is (yes is, not was) to my generation what Elvis is to my mother's generation. There is something about him that is special, that can't be explained. It's not just his sexuality nor his music. Those can both go, and he'll still do it for us.

Edit: So, yes, the answer to the topic question - yes, they did! :)

Edited by AdriftatSea
  • Like 2

GNR was just another boy band.

The fact that women can still find Axl hot is... the difference with other boy bands.

Nope.

GN'R just happened to have the hottest rock singer in the world and a lot of substance to back it up and not just stay in the looks.

• Like 1

The fact that women can still find Axl hot is... the difference with other boy bands.

Nope.

GN'R just happened to have the hottest rock singer in the world and a lot of substance to back it up and not just stay in the looks.

And that's what a boy band fan would say.

Nope.

And that's what a clueless jackass would say.

Nope.

And that's what a clueless jackass would say.

116155.gif

• Like 1

Sorta, but they separated themselves from many of the other bands of the time, especially those that came off the strip. And they were undeniably huge, with mostly a male following. Not all that different than the ratio you see on the forum with male to female fans now. Guns hit it big for the ladies with November Rain, and particularly the video. Every guy wanted to bang Stephanie and every girl dreamed of looking like her. That's when I remember my friends finally taking notice. Yeah there was SCOM before that, but it was sandwiched between songs like Brownstone, ISE and Nightrain, tunes that, for the most part, were made to appeal more to guys than girls.

As much as I was a fan, I was still a kid, and with no internet back then, I really dont know. So just wondering if they were sex symbols back in the day.

- Did women go crazy over Axl and Slash, and even other members?

- Who did women go more crazy for- Axl or Slash?

- Is Axl still a sex symbol as Steven Tyler is to a lot of female fans? Or is DJ hogging all of them female fans of GNR?

-They were competing with guys like Michael Hutchence, Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, Vince Neal, David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Bono, Eddie Vedder, Anthony Kiedis, Bruce Springstein, etc. etc. Axl had his following of adoring little fans, but not anymore than lots of other popular artists of their time.

-Probably Axl. He had the more conventional "pretty boy" snake dancing center stage ranting frontman thing going on for him. And he was actually pretty back in the day, I'll give him that. Slash was mysterious and scary looking, never saw anything like him before, which is why he instantly had my attention and what attracted me to him more.

-Lordy no, I don't think Axl is a sex symbol at all those days, even if a couple of chicks on a forum thinks he still is.

They were the hugest, dirtiest, wildest, best rock and roll band in the world -- and yes, millions of women wanted to bang Slash and Axl. Ben Stiller had a brilliant but short lived sketch comedy show and Julie Brown (the blond one, not the Downtown one - she was very funny but no one under 45 would remember her) and another chick had a recurring sketch where they played groupies whose only goal in life was to find Slash and Axl and "have sex with them!!!"

I never found Axl sexy. Never. Ever. Skinny, weak, talked like he was tough but was actually a pussy who only threatened to kick someone's ass if he knew he wouldn't have to (he's lucky he didn't have to fight Vince Neil, and he got bitch slapped by Tommy Hilfiger ), beat the shit out of girls -- AND LET'S REMEMBER THAT, OKAY? HE BEAT WOMEN -- cheated people out of money they were due (Vickie Hamilton, Izzy), megalomaniacial sociopath who wanted complete control over everyone and ended up destroying the band and is now, not coincidentally at all, a sad fat joke and don't think for a minute he doesn't know it....

Sorry. What was I saying?

Oh yeah. Izzy. Izzy was always quiet, always cool, always sexy, even when he was greasy. I guarantfuckingtee you Jeff Isbell got laid a lot before he became Izzy Stradlin. Bill Bailey? Not so much.

The girls with standards and brains went for Izzy or Duff. (And Duff McKagan was angelically beautiful circa 1986)

. Maybe Axl is sterile?

Remember that Erin was pregnant by him

Oh, I don't remember that story.. Is it true? What happened to the baby?

She had a miscarriage. It was in 1990, I believe ?

EDIT: I've found an interview with Axl, november 1990:

Rose maintains that he was spending a quiet evening at home with two friends. His wife was asleep, he says, "and I didn't want her disturbed because she had just had a miscarriage." While watching TV, Rose says, he heard Kantor yelling loudly in the hallway. "I went out and just said, 'Shut up—you're wasted. Just go in, go to sleep.' And she came flying at me, yelling, 'Who do you think you are? Come on—hit me, hit me.' And she's coming at me with this wine bottle, and when she got about arm's distance, I took it from her. Then she threw her keys at me into my apartment, so I went to shut my door, picked up her keys, went over to the balcony and threw them off." After Kantor called the police, six Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies arrested Rose and charged him with assault. A few hours later he was released on $5,000 bail.

Edited by Lio