Did Girls Go Crazy for Axl and Slash Back in the Good Ol Days?

. Maybe Axl is sterile?

Remember that Erin was pregnant by him

Oh, I don't remember that story.. Is it true? What happened to the baby?

She had a miscarriage. It was in 1990, I believe ?

EDIT: I've found an interview with Axl, november 1990:

Rose maintains that he was spending a quiet evening at home with two friends. His wife was asleep, he says, "and I didn't want her disturbed because she had just had a miscarriage." While watching TV, Rose says, he heard Kantor yelling loudly in the hallway. "I went out and just said, 'Shut up—you're wasted. Just go in, go to sleep.' And she came flying at me, yelling, 'Who do you think you are? Come on—hit me, hit me.' And she's coming at me with this wine bottle, and when she got about arm's distance, I took it from her. Then she threw her keys at me into my apartment, so I went to shut my door, picked up her keys, went over to the balcony and threw them off." After Kantor called the police, six Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies arrested Rose and charged him with assault. A few hours later he was released on $5,000 bail.

Thanks for posting the snippet :)

''Tall, dark and handsome''. Now correct me if I am wrong as I am a straight male, but that is the usual desire females have in a male: ''tall, dark and handsome''. Axl is, ''small and white'' haha. He is the virtual antithesis of what, females - stereotypically - find desirable in a male. He is pint sized: Steph Seymour towered above him in photos making him look totally absurd. He has one of those skins that does not tan, white like a scotsman's backside in benidorm. And he is, ehh, a ginger minger. Ginger pubes are never a good look.

''Tall, dark and handsome''. Now correct me if I am wrong as I am a straight male, but that is the usual desire females have in a male: ''tall, dark and handsome''. Axl is, ''small and white'' haha. He is the virtual antithesis of what, females - stereotypically - find desirable in a male. He is pint sized: Steph Seymour towered above him in photos making him look totally absurd. He has one of those skins that does not tan, white like a scotsman's backside in benidorm. And he is, ehh, a ginger minger. Ginger pubes are never a good look.

There's no definite taste for women as it is not for men. People just like other people depending on an inmesurable range of reasons, that is called "personal taste." Some women like brunette guys and others like ginger or blond types like Axl. Also, Axl was not a regular white blondish small guy. He had a beautiful girly/angel face, really beautiful hair and his overall atittude is 90% of his sex appeal, I guess.

Of course there were female fans who loved them, every band has those. But at the time there were bigger pin-ups in music. Plus as much as Axl was loved by some, there were many who were put off by him. He was a polarising person.

Beautiful girly face. Don't know if that's a compliment or an insult.

Some girls go for the pretty boys. And some girls go for pretty boys who beat the shit out of women.

It's not always intentional that a woman ends up with someone like that. I love pretty men myself and married one, he proposed 6 months after we

met. At least 1 red flag there. There are always signs to look out for but being distracted by a pretty guy, with long hair,tattoos and a great sense of humor can blind you.

Especially if this guy looks like Oded Fehr from "The Mummy" with Brendan Fraser, which my husband strongly resembles, as he's 50 white 50 pakistani 1/8 native american and

looks quite exotic which I've always favored. I never went for the blond hair,blue eyed angelic looking guy.

Growing up over seas I'm sure had a ton to do with that. My first crush as a kid was on a Filipino since I lived in the Philippines as a small child until the age of 9. Even my religious views

from being exposed at such a young age are different than most of my peers. I saw a lot of Buddhist temples when I lived in Japan for a short while, as well as South Korea.

I do wonder what type of men I would have favored if I had not been exposed to the other side of the world at such a young age. It's a neat sociological experiment I wish I could go back in time and re-do just to see

what the results would be.

It seems that early experiences shape the psyche even in regards to a mate and subconsciously they go for what's familiar even if they don't realize it. If they grew up in an abusive household, she will be drawn

to a man that does the same-although not intentionally, I guess the same way I go for for exotic looking men like Oded Fehr and I love, love how Jeff Goldblum looks he's another favorite from living over seas ( only logical reason I can come up with ).

If a woman seems to go for the wife beaters maybe she cannot help it, literally from this example. If there are women who actually GO for these men and seek them out then that's pretty fucked up.

Know one or did? I'd like to hear about that. I do wonder what kind of woman that'd be.

:) sorry for the book, guys........

• Like 1

There are always signs to look out for but being distracted by a pretty guy, with long hair,tattoos and a great sense of humor can blind you.

Especially if this guy looks like Oded Fehr from "The Mummy" with Brendan Fraser, which my husband strongly resembles, as he's 50 white 50 pakistani 1/8 native american and

looks quite exotic which I've always favored. I never went for the blond hair,blue eyed angelic looking guy

Beautiful girly face. Don't know if that's a compliment or an insult.

Some girls go for the pretty boys. And some girls go for pretty boys who beat the shit out of women.

It's not always intentional that a woman ends up with someone like that. I love pretty men myself and married one, he proposed 6 months after we

met. At least 1 red flag there. There are always signs to look out for but being distracted by a pretty guy, with long hair,tattoos and a great sense of humor can blind you.

looks quite exotic which I've always favored. I never went for the blond hair,blue eyed angelic looking guy.

Oded Fehr is Teh Sex.

I like the dark haired, dark eyed bad boys.

I saw Welcome to the Jungle the first time it aired on MTV - I'd been out very late and when I got home I couldn't fall asleep. I was still living at home (at 25, and feeling like a failure for it) so I went downstairs, turned on MTV and lay down on the floor kinda close to the TV so I could hear it without waking up my folks (again, feeling like shit that I still lived at home and had to watch TV like a teenager).

Don't recall if anyone introduced it, or who the VJ was or anything - I think I'd already heard SCOM on the radio, but I can't remember that either, and I definitely hadn't bought the cassette yet. But I remember watching that video for the first time (it was only later that I realized I'd seen the premier.) I thought the lead singer was fugly (did we say fugly in 1988? Don't remember) but I took one look at Mr. Cool In Yellow Leather Pants and said "Rawr. Who are you???"

Know what's weird? While I was typing this comment I decided to look the video up on YouTube - I haven't seen it in YEARS, maybe >decade. I clicked on the first one that came up - and then I went - wait, no, that's not right -- Axl gets off on the bus to the left, Izzy should be standing on the right, but in the video it was the opposite. Then when they cut to the band in the warehouse, they're all playing left handed and that's when I realized the video was flipped somehow. Weird. But that's how much it's stuck with me.

Mmmmmmm.....Duff. He wasn't just hot, he was fucking beautiful. My "type" is solid, muscular, bull-necked, alpha-males with dark hair and blue eyes. Somehow, a tall, blonde, brown-eyed, "beautiful" bass player could make me drop an egg at 30 paces.

Edited by DangerousCurves

Mmmmmmm.....Duff. He wasn't just hot, he was fucking beautiful. My "type" is solid, muscular, bull-necked, alpha-males with dark hair and blue eyes. Somehow, a tall, blonde, brown-eyed, "beautiful" bass player could make me drop an egg at 30 paces.

"Drop an egg" - I'm appropriating that. Even better than exploding ovaries. Kind of like panty killer. "I SWEAR I was wearing panties. Then he walked in the room..." (Is panties an old person word? I think it might be.)

And yes - young Duff was angelically beautiful. Alcohol ruins faces in a way drugs can't - not that Duff isn't still hot - he most definitely is. Even if he hadn't abused his body, no man retains angelic beauty past 30 or so. His is a lived in hotness, and the fact that he's a genuinely good man just makes it hotter.

My type is the same as yours -- Jason Momoa is sexy personified for me and even back then, I liked em big and strong and hairy and brown. But a pale skinny brunette rocked my ovaries 24 years ago and he still does (and I don't even have ovaries any more). I like to think it's because I'm a Woman Of Discernment and Substance, and he's not just hot, he's also smart and nice and talented. Like Duff.

• Like 1

"Drop an egg" - I'm appropriating that. Even better than exploding ovaries. Kind of like panty killer. "I SWEAR I was wearing panties. Then he walked in the room..." (Is panties an old person word? I think it might be.)

And yes - young Duff was angelically beautiful. Alcohol ruins faces in a way drugs can't - not that Duff isn't still hot - he most definitely is. Even if he hadn't abused his body, no man retains angelic beauty past 30 or so. His is a lived in hotness, and the fact that he's a genuinely good man just makes it hotter.

My type is the same as yours -- Jason Momoa is sexy personified for me and even back then, I liked em big and strong and hairy and brown. But a pale skinny brunette rocked my ovaries 24 years ago and he still does (and I don't even have ovaries any more). I like to think it's because I'm a Woman Of Discernment and Substance, and he's not just hot, he's also smart and nice and talented. Like Duff.

Agreed. All of it. The rest were hot in their own ways: Axl was vicious and vulnerable. His emotional outbursts just begged chicks to "save" him. We all want to save a bad boy. Izzy...he had that sexy, mysterious, completely unimpressed, cool cat thing down to a science. Slash had those hands. You know, those beautiful hands that scream "guitarist!" and all the things they are capable of. He also had a torso I would have happily licked booze off of. Oh.. and dat azz. Stephen did nothing for me. *shrug* Moving to UYI, Gilby was hot. There is that dark hair/blue eyes combo. And Matt was built like a brick shit house. You just wanted him to pick you up and toss you around and have his wicked, wicked way with you. The dimples helped. Also, he is also purportedly a beast in the sack.

But there is only one Duff. Aside from his strikingly beautiful face, he was also sort of awkward and charming. Ever hear his interview over the phone wi the Howard Stern from..'90? 91? He has a chick in his hotel room and Stern is asking about her and if he banged her yet. Duff just says "Howard, she's a nice girl.I don't kiss and tell." *Cue melting girly puddle of "awwwwwwwww"*

And this concludes the DC roundup of all things hot about the guys and how they all got laid.Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Edited by DangerousCurves

And this concludes the DC roundup of all things hot about the guys and how they all got laid.Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Except to say: Duff's autobiography is notably lacking in the "hur hur we got so much pussy hur hur" content of Slash and Steven's books. He doesn't fuck and tell. (Steven's autobiography makes him look stupid, clueless, crass and whiny. Have to think his co-writer did this on purpose. Slash comes across as the guy who's acting all embarrassed as he forces himself to tell you just how fucking cool he truly is.)

And Izzy's long been rumored to be great in bed. The quiet ones, you know.

• Like 1