Did Girls Go Crazy for Axl and Slash Back in the Good Ol Days?

As much as I was a fan, I was still a kid, and with no internet back then, I really dont know. So just wondering if they were sex symbols back in the day.

- Did women go crazy over Axl and Slash, and even other members?

- Who did women go more crazy for- Axl or Slash?

- Is Axl still a sex symbol as Steven Tyler is to a lot of female fans? Or is DJ hogging all of them female fans of GNR?

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

I certainly did :D My room was full of GNR posters, mostly Axl posters. I was absolutely crazy about him. I am still crazy about him, and apparently many younger women/girls too. I must say that surprised me a bit. I am still crazy about him like you're still a bit crazy about your first love, if you know what I mean.

Although a friend of mine was crazy about Slash, I don't think he was that popular with the girls, could be wrong though. In my experience, Slash was the boys' favorite en Axl the girls'.

• Like 4

I'm surprised you need to even ask :-D

They were both hugely popular, I think Axl the most because he has the lead singer of the band thing going on. Reading biographies etc..I think your average groupie had more chance of bagging Slash for an evening though!

Pffff.... it's funny that you ask that but HELL YES!

Axl was the hottest singer in the 90's because of looks, sensuality, charisma, personality. He was a bad boy with angel face.

Slash, I dont know... but I don't doubt he had tons of girls too. As well as Duff and the rest. They all got tons of women back in the day, wherever they went to.

I think Craig Duswalt talks about this topic in his book.

Edit: on your last question, I think he's still sought after, mainly because of his celebrity status. Google "Axl and women" or somthing of the sort and you will get hundreds of pictures of him, with different women along the years.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 2

Of course they used too, they were both insanely hot. Anyone who still goes crazy for either (especially Axl) is either such a loyal, unsuperficial fan that they don't care what they look like, or is seriously into granny hair and multiple chin situations.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

Yes, definitely. I'd say Axl had the most fans, but I'm sure they all had their own fanbase. I was crazy about Axl. Still am, but in a different sort of way. Guy had charisma like no other.

Edited by sweetchild88
  • Like 1

They truly were the biggest, baddest, "most dangerous band on the planet". They were everything you kids have read/heard about and more. They could and did tap chicks left n right...even me (straight as they come) may have made a run at em back in 1990 (I'm kidding).

Were women hot after the lead singer of the most popular rock band in the world? Bit of a silly question.

Even singers/musicians at small clubs still get the hot rocker chicks.

At one point GnR was the most popular band in the world, were in every magazine and had a video played on MTV every 14 minutes. Yes. They had a lot of women chasing them.

If I had been in my teens during the young Axl days I no doubt would have had a huge crush on him, he had everything in body, dance & looks.

I still think he's good looking even though he's nothing like the younger Axl, nothing to do with celebrity status but he has something about him that I find attractive.

I don't find Slash appealing but in some photos where you can actually see his face & listen to him interviewed he had the looks too but it's really only the individual's preference. I didn't know Steven Tyler until a couple of years ago & don't find him attractive at all but I'm sure if I look back at early photos of him when young I might feel different. Look at Ozzy Osbourne, he was kinda cute when young & you wouldn't think so seeing him these days.

As much as I was a fan, I was still a kid, and with no internet back then, I really dont know. So just wondering if they were sex symbols back in the day.

- Did women go crazy over Axl and Slash, and even other members?

- Who did women go more crazy for- Axl or Slash?

- Is Axl still a sex symbol as Steven Tyler is to a lot of female fans? Or is DJ hogging all of them female fans of GNR?

Considering I was in grade school when Appetite came out, I wouldn't know the answers to #1 or #2, but I can tell you that when I was in JHS and HS, the only guy in the band that I found attractive at all was Duff, and that was in part because I'd read an interview where he said he liked to read and sounded smart. I didn't listen to them for their looks. I actually thought Slash and Izzy looked kind of gross.

But did they get lots of groupies? I'm sure they did. They were in a world-famous rock band, after all.

Now? Um, no, I don't think so. No offense to Axl at all but he's not my type, and I don't think I've ever heard of women going crazy about him the way they do for Tyler. Steven Tyler has something about him where even if you don't think he looks like a male model, you think he's sexy because of the way he carries himself. I don't think I would say no to him myself.

I don't think any of the guys in the current band are all that hot, in honesty. But I'm not listening to Guns N' Roses because they're hot; I listen to them because I like the music.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1