Is Vegas the last hurrah for the current line-up?

I was thinking about the various recent happenings in the current world of Gn'R and started putting some pieces together, a la conspiracy theory theatre. I was thinking that this Vegas run might be the end of the road for the current line-up. Let me explain...

1) Word broke that Axl was retiring from the music industry after the Vegas run. I know that this report has been rebuffed, but I started to wonder if there was something to this... Maybe the he wasn't retiring from the music industry, but dissolve the current band. Sources could have confused Axl breaking up the band with him retiring from the music industry.

2) The upcoming DVD release would make perfect sense in regards to the timing. A large part of the current line-up has not been part of a release or received significant royalties from Chinese Democracy. The DVD would be a decent payday and a "thanks for your services" to the current band.

3) The recent reunion with Duff. This has definitely given Axl some extra motivation over the course of the tour. Who knows? This could have given Axl the incentive to try and configure (or reconfigure) a reunion of sorts. If Izzy shows up at the residency, I think this could perhaps give this even more credence.

4) Constant rumors of current band members leaving. Rumors have swirled that Bumble is on his way out the door after this residency. Also, with Tommy skipping out on shows and potentially ramping up his duties with the 'Mats, his departure could be a possibility. Axl may just dissolve the current line-up rather than try to restock the cupboard.

I think realistically this is the best chance of a reunion to this point. Axl, Duff and izzy are on good terms... They may have enough leverage to get him and Slash to at least talk. Granted this is not likely or probable, but it's a helluva a lot more probable than it has been since 1996. At the very least, it could lead to some type of hybrid line-up with Duff, (Izzy in at least a writing capacity), Richard, Dizzy, Brain, etc...

That being said, I don't believe there is more than a 2% chance of this theory holding water. Just kind of interesting if you analyze some of the things that have been happening in the world of Gn'R lately. Funny how some of the pieces potentially fit together (albeit with 'glass half full' thinking).

Done rambling

Point 2 in your watery theory makes sense since GN'R have used that method before in order "to close eras". Im talking about Live Era 97-93. So it's pretty likely this DVD is the release current line up needed (since there's no album).

The rest is 50-50 to both "may be, may be not".

Reunion with Slash is not a chance EVER. Dunno. I trust Axl when he says he don't wanna know a thing.

Reunion with Duff is more than possible and with Izzy, hmmm... occasionally and only to write/record an album but not for touring.

Album will be released in November and tour will begin in March 2015. 10 songs are from the Chinese Democracy sessions, 3 are new songs from this lineup, and 1 song will be a cover (Seeker). VMA's are a possibility for promotion of the new record and this is how it will go down barring any lineup changes.

If Bumble leaves then the album will be delayed until summer of 2015 and tour will begin at the end of that year.

As you all

Know I'm full if shit, but still fun to speculate. I imagine this lineup will stay the same and this isn't their last gasp.

Album will be released in November and tour will begin in March 2015. 10 songs are from the Chinese Democracy sessions, 3 are new songs from this lineup, and 1 song will be a cover (Seeker). VMA's are a possibility for promotion of the new record and this is how it will go down barring any lineup changes.

If Bumble leaves then the album will be delayed until summer of 2015 and tour will begin at the end of that year.

As you all

Know I'm full if shit, but still fun to speculate. I imagine this lineup will stay the same and this isn't their last gasp.

I knew you weren't right because what you posted makes too much sense. It's what a normal band would do.

Try and capitalize on the SA tour, the Revolver show and the Vegas stint, and now the release of a concert dvd..........most bands would want to release new music while the band's momentum and positive press was at a high. But in the world of GnR and Beta, they'll use this time to take a year off.

Well since Bumblefoot has said he's leaving GNR, I would think that's it for this current lineup.

If Axl takes the rest of 2014 off, I'm sure he'll have to time to either get another guitarist or just stick with two for now.

I actually think Axl should go down to 5 members like the original days and sound raw and gritty like the 80's. I think fans would go nuts for that.

I think it would be awesome to see just 5 members onstage without all the fireworks. Stripped bare and just singing and playing,

I think Axl could do it.

I mean all he really said in the interview is that they got shit in the can, and they're gonna talk about when to get around to it after the residency. Doesn't really sound like anything different from what we've heard before. It still feels like Axl's still in a "whatever happens, happens" mode rather than an all out gung-ho mode.

Plus wasn't that interview done right after the golden gods? Before word of Bumble's probable departure started coming about? Idk, things still seem very much up in the air to me :shrugs:

Well, that's Axl. We should all be used to him working on "Axl" time.

It's not like I'm sitting around waiting breathless on new material from GNR. if it happens, cool. Otherwise I still listen to the old stuff and love other bands that still make cds. I'm good.

It's obvious Axl doesn't like time tables and wants things to be done his way. Well, I'm cool with that.

Well, that's Axl. We should all be used to him working on "Axl" time.

It's not like I'm sitting around waiting breathless on new material from GNR. if it happens, cool. Otherwise I still listen to the old stuff and love other bands that still make cds. I'm good.

It's obvious Axl doesn't like time tables and wants things to be done his way. Well, I'm cool with that.

You are "cool" with your favorite singer only putting out one album every 20 years?