Bumblefoot needs your help (Kickstarter)

Hope he can reach his goal and people get to enjoy his tour! It would be nice if BBF chimed in more to defuse threads, but then it would be all he'd be doing around here...

Still regret not having gone seen his solo gig, if it would be a gig nearby I'd definitely help kickstart!

and that haters are gonna hate no matter what

Who is hating? People are just confused and the campaign raises a big question mark. Should supporters give away their hard-earned money to you so you can claim they're *not* haters?

You took the time to come here (even though you said you would never be back) and explained the situation. That's it. End of story.

I agree - just because I don't agree with this means I'm a hater? BBF spending too much time with TB.

Sorry, but like I said before, all the expenses should have been cleared and sorted long ago, and if it's not affordable to do then don't do it.

What's a hater? People that take time to complain about something they dont enjoy for whatever - at times insane - reason instead of truly not caring. He said that he jammed with Axl so it's damage control? This is beyond pathetic, some of you guys are trying too hard. Let's wait a few more days and see if that's damage control or not. :)

Given the circunstances I now believe even more that he's truly leaving, but hey, it's just my opinion. But the hints are out there. I'm sure he will address this stuff when he (and the band) feels like it. I was avoiding Subsy's posts speculating his departure since these are none of our business but the residency is almost over so yes, I strongly believe that he will leave, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Bumblefoot had the chance to squash the rumor today when I asked him the question if the rumor was true, he even semi quoted half a persons post, deleting the rumor talk from the quote before replying and didn't mention either way if he was leaving or not.

If there was no truth to the rumor, and he has been made aware of the rumor at least a few times now, then I'd say he's leaving too

• Like 1

If they can't afford it maybe they shouldn't be touring...

we get a flat fee for performing as openers for Yngwie, the original agreement for our expenses got hijacked, and we want to take care of our band members the best we can. Gary's done a Kickstarter campaign before and suggested we do this for the tour, he's my buddy, he'll always have my support. I know on my end it comes off to some as a 'millionaire begging' and apologize for rubbing any of you the wrong way - but simply, I'm helping the people involved in this tour & having fun offering what I can in return. :)

Guest Gunns

I will say bumble is leaving, he actually read the question about him leaving but he deleted it out of the quote and answered something else,

Why not clarify it?

If they can't afford it maybe they shouldn't be touring...

we get a flat fee for performing as openers for Yngwie, the original agreement for our expenses got hijacked, and we want to take care of our band members the best we can. Gary's done a Kickstarter campaign before and suggested we do this for the tour, he's my buddy, he'll always have my support. I know on my end it comes off to some as a 'millionaire begging' and apologize for rubbing any of you the wrong way - but simply, I'm helping the people involved in this tour & having fun offering what I can in return. :)

Ah thanks for that info. Makes more sense now but damn you'd think the things could've been rearranged around the simple fact they aren't covered to travel.

I still stand by my original statement - if you can't afford it (which he can) don't do it - I've been in that situation quite a few times - either take the hit or don't do it, don't expect other people to cover it for you - also, just looking at it, for some of the outrageous costs of their 'extras' you still don't get a ticket for the gig... not a fan of this at all. Maybe in this case I am a hater, if that makes BBF feel better...

I agree they shouldn't tour if they can't afford to fucking travel, it sounds as if they are being paid peanuts and have to ask fans for cash to travel to play shows which you'd assume those donating would have already paid ticket price and their own transport... just illogical but I guess exposure and unique opportunity calls for desperate measures. Can't blame them for asking, but a loyal as hell fanbase is needed for that kinda thing and if they get anywhere near enough, kudos to having the balls to ask and be honest Kinda ridiculous they were fucked over so much they have to ask fans to pay for their logistics though, it's absolutely ludicrous.

Robin2002, so you think it's better cancel everything - fuck who already bought tickets, who booked flights, etc? Fuck their fans. Makes total sense. I'm sure you'd be a great manager. Why don't you apply?

Edited by Bruno P.

Robin2002, so you think it's better cancel everything - fuck who already bought tickets, who booked flights, etc? Fuck their fans. Makes total sense. I'm sure you'd be a great manager. Why don't you apply?

They were obviously offered a deal that could afford them to do this originally - someone fucked them over - go to them about it - if they don't budge then yes I would quit the tour and make a big stink about it. and to be honest I doubt there is much interest in this anyway, who actually likes Malmsteen anymore?

• Like 1

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

Dizzy Reed probably gets paid in accordance with his necessary additions to the live show, which is fair enough but I'm sure onstage for those two hours he's itching to start bawling out a ballad every three songs and slamming down the keys during It's So Easy and exchanging the tambourine for a violin he can augment Sorry with, then he can get more and actually see $500 a night. A little bird told me he is planning on bashing Pitman's face in with the sharp edge of the synthesizer during lights out and then spilling Ashba's Jager underneath the corpse to make it seem an accident so he can take his role and double his earnings.

• Like 1

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

Why the fuck should people fund some well off musician's daughter's schooling? Is this for real?

Why the fuck should people fund some well off musician's daughter's schooling? Is this for real?

Because if you don't you are a hater.

• Like 1