Bumblefoot needs your help (Kickstarter)

Performance royalties are meagre, publishing/songwriting credits are where the money is.

As I said before, musicians may be paid a lump sum buyout to perform on an album, possibly with bonuses when the album reaches certain sales, or not.

There's actually a fascinating discussion to be had over this sort of thing, and how songwriting credits are based off ye olde days where composing was done on a piano and how the system doesn't really accommodate drummers for example.

Has there ever been a serious attempt to change the system?

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

Lisa should explain why she's going hat in hand when her ex-husband spent years making money on the road but they had nothing put aside for the kids to go to college. It absolutely makes no sense for her to live in Dana Point and need a loan for school.

This makes Dizzy sound like a deadbeat dad.

That's just...wow. I don't think I can tell anyone else what to do with their finances, but I am kind of stunned that with all the royalties Dizzy has received on UYI for 23 years, plus the retainer for touring/etc., that there's nothing there for a college fund for the kids. I'm sorry that the daughter has to suffer because they didn't plan ahead better, but it's not anyone else's problem to fund her education. A lot of kids are faced with this issue and they end up getting a job, doing work study, trying to get a scholarship, etc.

I think with someone like Dizzy he wouldn't get any money from the old songs because he didn't write any. He'd get some royalties from chinese democracy.

When the Chinese Democracy sessions were going on the combined payroll for seven band members (excluding Axl) exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. So let's say Dizzy isn't a star player and was earning 6k a moth, that would have given him a total of 72k a year.

That was with the label funding everything.

I presume that since Axl is funding everything now the band isn't being paid to be on retainer i.e. when they're not touring. So all their money I guess must come from touring alone, which could be problematic given the size of some of the small venues and the number in the band.

The upshot is that I would guess (and it's only a guess) that at this point the band members are probably making as much as they would at a regular office job. Not bad by any means, but no more than a fairly average salary. They're not millionaires like the original band.

"One internal cost analysis from the period pegs the operation’s monthly tab at a staggering $244,000. It included more than $50,000 in studio time at the Village, a more modern studio where Mr. Baker had moved the band. It also included a combined payroll for seven band members that exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. Guitar technicians earned about $6,000 per month, while the album’s main engineer was paid $14,000 per month and a recording software engineer was paid $25,000 a month, the document stated." - NY Times

How did anyone find this thing about Dizzy's daughter? Isn't this meant for friends/family since it said you get a Graduation party invite when you donate? I'm not sure they'd want Gn'R-nerds there.

Lisa Reed has been spamming the link on Twitter. :facepalm:

How did anyone find this thing about Dizzy's daughter? Isn't this meant for friends/family since it said you get a Graduation party invite when you donate? I'm not sure they'd want Gn'R-nerds there.

Lisa Reed has been spamming the link on Twitter. :facepalm:

Oh dear. Well by doing that she had to know it'd end up on Gn'R forums.I mean If she's gonna do it wouldn't she have been better off with a kickstarter and offering some kind of Gn'R memorabilia as an incentive?

Lets say 200 shows with Guns per 10.000 USD thats 2.000.000 USD plus 15.000 USD monthly

Payment in what? 6 years minimum 6x12x15k = 1.080.000 Usd. Total say about 3 MM USD not rockefeller but poor poor

Wow, so he really is leaving. God fucking dammit.

Really? Is that how you interpreted it?

I think it's obvious he will not leave. I thought he would but after his last posts here and the interview Ali posted, I think he's staying. The need of Bumblefoot to create drama is something I will never understand, though.

Maybe giving Axl a taste of his own medicine?

Dizzy Reed probably gets paid in accordance with his necessary additions to the live show, which is fair enough but I'm sure onstage for those two hours he's itching to start bawling out a ballad every three songs and slamming down the keys during It's So Easy and exchanging the tambourine for a violin he can augment Sorry with, then he can get more and actually see $500 a night. A little bird told me he is planning on bashing Pitman's face in with the sharp edge of the synthesizer during lights out and then spilling Ashba's Jager underneath the corpse to make it seem an accident so he can take his role and double his earnings.

Are you mentally challenged?

That has got to be a joke, right?

Dizzy Reed's wife is trying to get her twitter followers to pay for their daughter to go to college?

That has to be a joke account.

HHmm. I was going to pay for my own kid to go to college and then donate some money to cancer research or to help the tornado victims. But instead, I'll donate for a rock star's kid to go college instead.

• Like 3

Wow, so he really is leaving. God fucking dammit.

Really? Is that how you interpreted it?

I think it's obvious he will not leave. I thought he would but after his last posts here and the interview Ali posted, I think he's staying. The need of Bumblefoot to create drama is something I will never understand, though.

Maybe giving Axl a taste of his own medicine?

Dizzy Reed probably gets paid in accordance with his necessary additions to the live show, which is fair enough but I'm sure onstage for those two hours he's itching to start bawling out a ballad every three songs and slamming down the keys during It's So Easy and exchanging the tambourine for a violin he can augment Sorry with, then he can get more and actually see $500 a night. A little bird told me he is planning on bashing Pitman's face in with the sharp edge of the synthesizer during lights out and then spilling Ashba's Jager underneath the corpse to make it seem an accident so he can take his role and double his earnings.

Are you mentally challenged?

I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years.

I'm having a real dilemma in deciding which GoFundMe project to donate to.

On one hand we have this one, which is to help send Dizzy's daughter to college:

"""Hey all.. Since the loan system in this country for higher education is a joke, and are denying my brilliant child a loan for next year at OU without a cosigner, we are setting up a college fund in hopes that we can take a bite out of the tuition so she can finish her dream of becoming a Vet.. Trust me, we need a vet in the family... ;). If you could help out that would be awesome and would even earn you an invitation to the graduation party... Thank you so much from all of us!! XOXOXO""""

Why doesn't Axl, Beta or anybody else in GnR volunteer to be the "co-signer" on the loan?

On the other hand, this one seems somewhat worthy as well. Khloe looks like she is about six months old.

http://www.gofundme.com/9vg270

On April 5 Khloe was admitted into Valley Children's Hospital where her diagnosis was HSV Encephalitis. This is a viral meningitis that is contracted via a cold sore. Khloe suffered from seizures, had two bleeds on her brain and also a stroke because of this virus.

We will never know where this virus came from or why but the most important thing is that we are blessed to have her with us and that Khloe gets the treatment that she needs.

We have been told that this virus is very deadly and there is a high mortality rate. Our little girl fought this virus off however she is at risk for cerebral palsy and we have recently been told that she is considered cortically blind.

There are also a lot of other possibilities she may face developmentally. But with the help of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and all of you Dr. Harch in New Orleans believes he can help Khloe and aid in the repair of her damaged brain cells.

However we do not have 9,000$ to pay for this so we have this gofundme account and will be doing other fundraisers as well. Khloe and I leave June 12 to New Orleans. This is even short notice to me as I just got the phonecall telling me we had less than two weeks to make it to New Orleans. They said lost time is lost brain cells, and we have to start treatment as soon as possible.

My husband and I cannot live our lives with "what ifs" we have to know that we have done everything possible to provide as much as a normal life as we can for our sweet little girl. These treatments have helped bring vision back to the blind, reverse brain damage, and much more. We are confident that this will save our precious little girl from future disabilities. Thank you all!

Seriously tough decision.

• Like 2

On the other hand, this one seems somewhat worthy as well. Khloe looks like she is about six months old.

http://www.gofundme.com/9vg270

On April 5 Khloe was admitted into Valley Children's Hospital where her diagnosis was HSV Encephalitis. This is a viral meningitis that is contracted via a cold sore. Khloe suffered from seizures, had two bleeds on her brain and also a stroke because of this virus.

We will never know where this virus came from or why but the most important thing is that we are blessed to have her with us and that Khloe gets the treatment that she needs.

We have been told that this virus is very deadly and there is a high mortality rate. Our little girl fought this virus off however she is at risk for cerebral palsy and we have recently been told that she is considered cortically blind.

There are also a lot of other possibilities she may face developmentally. But with the help of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and all of you Dr. Harch in New Orleans believes he can help Khloe and aid in the repair of her damaged brain cells.

However we do not have 9,000$ to pay for this so we have this gofundme account and will be doing other fundraisers as well. Khloe and I leave June 12 to New Orleans. This is even short notice to me as I just got the phonecall telling me we had less than two weeks to make it to New Orleans. They said lost time is lost brain cells, and we have to start treatment as soon as possible.

My husband and I cannot live our lives with "what ifs" we have to know that we have done everything possible to provide as much as a normal life as we can for our sweet little girl. These treatments have helped bring vision back to the blind, reverse brain damage, and much more. We are confident that this will save our precious little girl from future disabilities. Thank you all!

Thank you Mr. Groghan.

I'm gonna help Khloe out, and I hope other do too.

• Like 2

People can do whatever they want. Free country. More power to them.

But just for me personally? To beg for strangers to pay for my child to go to college? I couldn't sleep at night knowing that my request might take money away from people who really need the money for medical type reasons.

Can't afford college? And none of your RICH rock star friends with co-sign a loan for you? And between the dad being a working musician and whatever job the mom has, they can't get a loan for their child to go to college? Then do what everybody else does. Go to a community college for the first year or two. Take a year off from school and work two jobs so you can save up enough money to attend. I worked a full time and a part time job during my last year of college. If it is that important to the parents, maybe sell their nice house and buy a condo and use the profits for their daughter's education? Sell your cars and buy junkers and use that money. Axl won't "loan" them the money? Hard to believe that GnR isn't paying Dizzy enough money for him to afford college payments. HECK, do a small solo tour in the area after the GnR tour is done. You could even advertise it as the "Send my daughter to college tour" and Dizzy can go to bars and play shows. I'd pay $10-15 to go see Dizzy live. You'd think smaller bars/clubs would gladly let Dizzy come play for free - they keep all the extra drink sales, dizzy keeps the $10 cover charge. If he did 15 shows and 100 people came to each show - that's $15,000 right there. But to beg for people to pay her way.............no. Just no.

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION. They are free to do whatever they want. Just saying what I would do.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 2

I just don't see the logic, she might as well go hat in hand around her freaking neighbourhood since they will know more about the family and have more reason to part with their hard earned cash for a cause contributing to somebody they actually know a bit and let's be honest, is not crucially urgent to the Big Picture of life, that's on herself and DIzzy and to a lesser extend the kid for not being able to afford the fees. Unfortunate considering Dizzy's status and clear ability to have once or still afforded it but that is life and the tangles of parents who can't save responsibly.