Bumblefoot needs your help (Kickstarter)

-I know Axl can be a tough person to deal with (I myself am a very tough person to deal with and drive people away myself),

We actually jammed last night until the wee hours, til my fingers were blue and both me & my tech were falling over, was a great time & wish we had done that more often - Axl's great to jam with :) (And I'm sure I've been tougher to deal with in GNR than anyone, circumstances have not made it an easy ride for me personally & it hasn't made me the best version of myself most of the time...)

Thing is dude, you're real, you tell it like it is, and people need that kind of person in their life. I mean, you're from Brooklyn (as am i), we don't fuck around.

Your best friend in the world IMO is also you're harshest critic because at least they're trying to set you straight.

I'm glad to hear you and Axl had a good time--you, Axl, and all the rest make a great band and you guys better come to NYC again soon haha!

God bless ya Bumble, and thank you for representing Brooklyn in GN'R :P

Edited by Rick Deckard

Haters and people who question one's intentions are two completely different things. Anyway, great to see BBF is around. The talk about jamming with Axl looks, again, like damage control, after posting stuff like "67 days and counting". So I guess Ron won't leave after all, yay.

Ahhh, I gotta run, gotta shower, edit drum tracks, pickup some deliveries, sort scheduling for next week, and warm up the fingers :)

Good luck ! Hope that you come here more often or again in a near future :)

Haters and people who question one's intentions are two completely different things. Anyway, great to see BBF is around. The talk about jamming with Axl looks, again, like damage control, after posting stuff like "67 days and counting". So I guess Ron won't leave after all, yay.

I don't know... 'Wish we'd done that more' doesn't seem too promising to me.

Why would he be jamming with Axl though until the wee hours if he was going to leave the band after the the last show of the residency on Saturday?

Maybe he just means he wishes they'd done that more often in the past, up until now?

Ali

Why would he be jamming with Axl though until the wee hours if he was going to leave the band after the the last show of the residency on Saturday?

Maybe he just means he wishes they'd done that more often in the past, up until now?

Ali

Yeah, hope you're right. Maybe I read it the wrong way. It's just that he doesn't say he's not leaving. He doesn't answer to that part of the question. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :shrugs:

At least now you know where you can meet up with him tonight :)

You certainly have a fair point.

I'm not dismissing it. It would just seems odd to me, jamming with a singer until the wee hours you won't be working with in a matter of days.

Then there's this comment he made during the Q&A before his solo show at Vinyl two weeks ago:

http://screamermagazine.com/reviews/done-intimate-evening-bumblefoot-w-special-guests/

One of the more serious questions of the night was asking if Axl would really retire. The reply was No, dont you check Facebook? Ha! No, I have not heard the word retire come out of Axls mouth and hes not ending the band; no matter how much I torture him.

Why make a comment like that if you know you're leaving in a couple of weeks? It just strikes me as odd to say Axl isn't ending the band no matter how much I torture him. What, no matter how much you torture him in the next two weeks?

Ali

Why not just debunk the rumour then? People have mentioned it on Facebook and Twitter then tonight in this thread. There have been several threads on here for a couple of weeks regarding him leaving. One sentence would suffice.

He doesn't have to answer anything of course but it's odd to let the rumour mill grow when clearly the forum is read on a fairly regular basis.

Guess we will just have to wait it out.

I'm not dismissing it. It would just seems odd to me, jamming with a singer until the wee hours you won't be working with in a matter of days.

Then there's this comment he made during the Q&A before his solo show at Vinyl two weeks ago:

http://screamermagazine.com/reviews/done-intimate-evening-bumblefoot-w-special-guests/

One of the more serious questions of the night was asking if Axl would really retire. The reply was No, dont you check Facebook? Ha! No, I have not heard the word retire come out of Axls mouth and hes not ending the band; no matter how much I torture him.

Why make a comment like that if you know you're leaving in a couple of weeks? It just strikes me as odd to say Axl isn't ending the band no matter how much I torture him. What, no matter how much you torture him in the next two weeks?

Ali

"We actually jammed last night until the wee hours, til my fingers were blue and both me & my tech were falling over, was a great time & wish we had done that more often - Axl's great to jam with"

I may be looking too hard into this but when he says "was a great time and wish we had done that more often" it gives me the idea that he truly is leaving.. Why would he wish they had done it more often if he is still gona be touring with gnr and has plenty of opportunities to jam with the band at a later point.. Hmm

Ali

"We actually jammed last night until the wee hours, til my fingers were blue and both me & my tech were falling over, was a great time & wish we had done that more often - Axl's great to jam with"

I may be looking too hard into this but when he says "was a great time and wish we had done that more often" it gives me the idea that he truly is leaving.. Why would he wish they had done it more often if he is still gona be touring with gnr and has plenty of opportunities to jam with the band at a later point.. Hmm

Why would Axl be jamming with a guitar player he knew was leaving in a matter of days? What would be the point?

Like, I said, not dismissing the rumors is a fair point. Maybe he just doesn't want to go down that road and explain past comments made, perhaps in the hear of the moment.

As far as the comment you're referring to, that is also a fair point. But, maybe he just means that he wishes they'd done that more up until now?

I just don't get why either one of them would spend time "jamming" all night if they weren't going to work together after Saturday night. It would just seem pointless to me.

Ali

Ali

Indeed, past tense.

Sort of like if you're breaking up and you have one nice last conversation with your soon to be ex-- "Wish we'd talked like this more often". Sort of a tone of wistful/regretful resignation in the way it's worded.

• Like 2

Why not just debunk the rumour then? People have mentioned it on Facebook and Twitter then tonight in this thread. There have been several threads on here for a couple of weeks regarding him leaving. One sentence would suffice.

He doesn't have to answer anything of course but it's odd to let the rumour mill grow when clearly the forum is read on a fairly regular basis.

Guess we will just have to wait it out.

If it was just an unfounded rumour, he would have denied it. He obviously doesn't want to answer this question (not yet at least) so I would say there is something behind, some truth behind all those rumours. My 2 cents.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see him leaving though. It would probably be the turning point that would make me not bother for this band anymore.

• Like 1

I addressed the rumors point blank about him leaving in my words to him-in case he was not aware.

if you noticed, he didn't address them at all, whether to confirm or deny. he totally ignored that point and only addressed my point about axl being hard to deal with.

My take: He is probably very close to leaving, very fed up, or just bored--probably holds no ill will toward Axl himself, probably feels regret/exhaustion/doneness. Right now, there are probably negotiations behind the scenes between his camp/Axl/Team Brazil trying to coax him to stay. He might be considering it pending better terms or whatever terms he wants--perhaps a firm commitment to a new album coming out? Perhaps calling Axl's bluff? But I would say that there is a 90% chance that we will get an amicable letter/release regarding his resignation from the band before this year is out, and the same sort of amicable parting letter will be issued by the band too.

-I know Axl can be a tough person to deal with (I myself am a very tough person to deal with and drive people away myself),

We actually jammed last night until the wee hours, til my fingers were blue and both me & my tech were falling over, was a great time & wish we had done that more often - Axl's great to jam with :) (And I'm sure I've been tougher to deal with in GNR than anyone, circumstances have not made it an easy ride for me personally & it hasn't made me the best version of myself most of the time...)

was that duff's only gig for the residency? is izzy set to make an appearance? can we get a little bit of trickery?

and that haters are gonna hate no matter what

Who is hating? People are just confused and the campaign raises a big question mark. Should supporters give away their hard-earned money to you so you can claim they're *not* haters?

You took the time to come here (even though you said you would never be back) and explained the situation. That's it. End of story.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2

Hey, if I donated ten thousand dollars, do you think he'd shave his beard off and send it to me, like a beard-wig thing? I don't have 10K but if that was one of the prizes I'd at least try to raise it. Mr. Thal has an awesome beard. I wouldn't wear it though, that would be creepy. Though, I suppose being willing to give ten thousand cash for a beard wig is both stupid and creepy, so... What am I getting at here, exactly?

• Like 2

Hey, if I donated ten thousand dollars, do you think he'd shave his beard off and send it to me, like a beard-wig thing? I don't have 10K but if that was one of the prizes I'd at least try to raise it. Mr. Thal has an awesome beard. I wouldn't wear it though, that would be creepy. Though, I suppose being willing to give ten thousand cash for a beard wig is both stupid and creepy, so... What am I getting at here, exactly?

Why not make it 23k and have him put on a personal show for you have him cut his beard on stage and you get to keep his underwear!!

we should start a kickstarter for bumble to hire and get a crew together and raid axl's vault. if bumble could flip dj we are golden. since dj is up axls ass he would already be our trojan horse of sorts.

Hey all, long time no argue. Lol... I knew going into this Kickstarter how it could be perceived, and that haters are gonna hate no matter what, but just so you know where I'm coming from.....

Gary & I (& our bandmates/crew) are sharing a vehicle together, it's $60,000 just for the vehicle expenses, then getting tour insurance for the band members & all... we get a flat fee for performing as openers for Yngwie, the original agreement for our expenses got hijacked, and we want to take care of our band members the best we can. Gary's done a Kickstarter campaign before and suggested we do this for the tour, he's my buddy, he'll always have my support. I know on my end it comes off to some as a 'millionaire begging' and apologize for rubbing any of you the wrong way - but simply, I'm helping the people involved in this tour & having fun offering what I can in return. :) That's it. :) Nobody's forcing anyone to participate, it's not like you get nothing in return, it's out there for those who choose to take part in it.

Most of the solo gigs I've done have been for charitable causes [Red Cross, Navy Seals, juvenile diabetes, Operation Smile, men's & women's health issues, burn vict..................

OK, back to the regularly scheduled program here... for whoever's going to be at the Vegas GNR show tonight I'll be by the box office before doors open around 7:30 saying hi (as I do every night), please come say hello :)

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron, nice to meet you.

I am the one who said the "millionaire" stuff so I guess you are referring to me when you talk about "haters"?

Not a hater, I'm a GNR fan and I've supported this band since FOREVER, as in I own every damn record they've put out, including Chinese Democracy. They are not copies from a friends tape. They are actual CD's I bought at the record store. I've also purchased official Videos, makin' offs and I have paid tickets to see you live on a show. So if I'm a hater, guess I'm a solidary one :)

I'm glad you are here to clarify the Kickstarter thing and clean your name. You must understand it sounded kinda weird. And I made a joke because I'm a joker.

I know you're not a millionaire, I was using hyperbole. However, compared to me, with what you make on one GNR show, I could eat an entire year. So yeah. That's all. I'm sorry if I offended you, wasn't my intention.

Good luck with all that.

Wow, so he really is leaving. God fucking dammit.

Really? Is that how you interpreted it?

I think it's obvious he will not leave. I thought he would but after his last posts here and the interview Ali posted, I think he's staying. The need of Bumblefoot to create drama is something I will never understand, though.