Bumblefoot needs your help (Kickstarter)

People can do whatever they want. Free country. More power to them.

But just for me personally? To beg for strangers to pay for my child to go to college? I couldn't sleep at night knowing that my request might take money away from people who really need the money for medical type reasons.

Can't afford college? And none of your RICH rock star friends with co-sign a loan for you? And between the dad being a working musician and whatever job the mom has, they can't get a loan for their child to go to college? Then do what everybody else does. Go to a community college for the first year or two. Take a year off from school and work two jobs so you can save up enough money to attend. I worked a full time and a part time job during my last year of college. If it is that important to the parents, maybe sell their nice house and buy a condo and use the profits for their daughter's education? Sell your cars and buy junkers and use that money. Axl won't "loan" them the money? Hard to believe that GnR isn't paying Dizzy enough money for him to afford college payments. HECK, do a small solo tour in the area after the GnR tour is done. You could even advertise it as the "Send my daughter to college tour" and Dizzy can go to bars and play shows. I'd pay $10-15 to go see Dizzy live. You'd think smaller bars/clubs would gladly let Dizzy come play for free - they keep all the extra drink sales, dizzy keeps the $10 cover charge. If he did 15 shows and 100 people came to each show - that's $15,000 right there. But to beg for people to pay her way.............no. Just no.

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION. They are free to do whatever they want. Just saying what I would do.

Unless both Dizzy and his (ex?) wife have incredibly bad credit, why can't one of THEM just co-sign the loan? Or one of their relatives? Grandparents? Uncles? Aunts? Axl (unless he's already footed part of her college bills that we don't know about)? Someone else?

These ideas are all great. In California the community college system is actually very well regarded - in LA, many of the professors who teach at the CCs are from UCLA, USC, etc. Since the CCs are well respected and they're incredibly inexpensive as far as education goes - something like $50/credit - a LOT of California kids do their first two years at a CC, get as many core classes and lower level major courses out of the way as they can, and then transfer to a four year school. It saves them thousands and thousands of dollars and they still get a good education.

I also worked full time and attended school full time as an undergraduate, so I guess I don't have a lot of sympathy. Paying for school is tough, but a lot of students figure out how to do it every year. I remember applying to every obscure scholarship and grant I could find, and I did earn some merit-based awards that helped me pay expenses. There are ways to make it work.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Remember when Dizzy said he couldn't afford tickets to bring his family with to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame? Don't think he was kidding anymore.

Guy probably just sucks at handling his finances and is one of those people (or maybe his wife is, or both of them) who just blow all the money on bullshit as soon as he's earned it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

bumble giving away the kickstarter prizes before the project is funded? people might be getting some free prizes if the project doesn't reach its goal.

anybody here get to check out the exclusive video diary?

Edited by PITBOSS

From what we've gathered from those MSL emails and what that Iranian woman wrote in her book (she's crazy but I think she's telling the truth about everything) Dizzy has a pretty hard time getting the money he earns from Guns n' Roses.

What Iranian woman's book? I'm curious.....

From what we've gathered from those MSL emails and what that Iranian woman wrote in her book (she's crazy but I think she's telling the truth about everything) Dizzy has a pretty hard time getting the money he earns from Guns n' Roses.

What Iranian woman's book? I'm curious.....

The Last Living Slut: Born in Iran, Bred Backstage by Roxana Shirazi. It is the account of a woman who came to England after living in Iran, and her odyssey as a mega groupie. I think she has the intention of trying to make some profound statement about the cultural differences between her culture and the Western culture, as well as a feminine creed of sorts. She fails miserably no both counts and the book just turns into a "Penthouse" like account of how big a crazy skank she was.

She talks about sexual escapades with dozens of bands, but in the GN'R universe she specifically talks about meeting with Del James, Axl, Izzy, Robin, and talks about having sex with Matt Sorum (when Velvet Revolver was in full swing) and Steven Adler. The biggest part of the book, however, involves a long term relationship she has with Dizzy Reed in 2006. It has been a while since I've read the whole book, but here are the details I remember right off the top of my head...

-She talks about how Dizzy falls for her very quickly, tells her he loves her, and takes her shopping for gifts for his children. He apparently believes in "open marriage" but his ex-wife did not feel the same way.

-She mentions being obsessed with Axl to Dizzy. Apparently, this strikes a bit of a sore spot with Dizzy who gets pissed at her and tells her about how Axl owes him thousands of dollars. She also mentions one night when Dizzy and Del James have an hours long argument in Dizzy's hotel room about how much money Axl owes him. Yet, she also mentions Dizzy has a very close relationship with Axl and seems to seek out his approval.

-After returning to England, she finds out she's pregnant from having unprotected sex with him. She wants to keep the child, but Dizzy encourages her to abort it which she does, and suffers from pretty heavy depression afterwards.

-After trying to get back in touch with Dizzy, she finds his attitude has completely changed. He's very hostile and is apparently mad at her for having sex with Sebastian Bach when she was a guest of Dizzy's When she finally gets to meet Dizzy, he is apparently extremely distant and almost entirely ignores her.

-After falling out with Dizzy, she sleeps with all of Dizzy's band mates in Hookers & Blow, and that Dizzy fires all of them out of anger for this.

Most people, at first, wrote off everything she said as the ramblings of a crazy chick who was upset Dizzy dumped her, but it she is making all of it up, the girl is doing her homework. Besides having a picture in the book with her and Robin Finck, she brings up a lot of details that most casual followers of Guns N' Roses would not know including...

-Brain leaving the band being replaced by Frank.

-Knowing how, when the band is playing in England, Axl stays in a hotel in London and flies out to shows.

-Talking about how Axl jokes with Dizzy over his in-ear-monitor during the show.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

That book sounds intriguing. I'm going to look for it. I am, however, cringing at the idea of someone having unprotected sex with a rock star...oh, the possible STDs...

The thing about Axl not paying Dizzy on time/etc. doesn't sound right to me, though. No matter what else he may or may not have done, we've never heard about him stiffing his employees. If he wasn't paying his band properly and on time I think we'd hear about it and we'd also see a lot of them leaving sooner rather than later. Axl seems to have more integrity than that. I remember reading an article with an interview of one of his childhood friends. He said that he and his wife loaned Axl a PA when he first went to California on the promise that Axl would either remember to return it or pay for it when he got famous...and Axl actually remembered the promise and kept his word.

Years ago wasn't there an issue with AfD royalties that turned out to be the mismanagement or ineptness of Axl's management team at the time (not TB...Merck perhaps?). I could see Merck or someone else screwing up the payments but I can't see it coming from Axl. And I can see Axl absolutely going ballistic and fixing it immediately if he found out.

Edited by stella

• 2 months later...

Didn't see any shows, but the Kickstarter was a success and they reached their goal.

Also I received my digital music reward for backing that tier.

Got two mp3 albums from each of them and a load of exclusive digital extras from each too.

Edited by sploit

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

How can this dude be in the band for 20 years and not be able to send his daughter to college.

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

How can this dude be in the band for 20 years and not be able to send his daughter to college.
Times are bad it seems. But seriously $5000 for bbf underwear ??

Hookers N' Blow!
  • Like 1