Bumblefoot needs your help (Kickstarter)

Guest Gunns

Let's fund her college degree so she doesn't have to pay her way and so other less fortunate families have to battle like anyone else.

My heart goes out to her, not.

Guest Gunns

Can't she become a gopher for some famous rockstar like her old man?

Didn't her old man get involved with the 'last living slut'?

Spent college fund on Hookers and Blow.

True GNR fans: buy Dizzy a drink next time you see him

Guest Gunns

Spent college fund on Hookers and Blow.

True GNR fans: buy Dizzy a drink next time you see him

Hook's before books

• Like 2

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

Lisa should explain why she's going hat in hand when her ex-husband spent years making money on the road but they had nothing put aside for the kids to go to college. It absolutely makes no sense for her to live in Dana Point and need a loan for school.

This makes Dizzy sound like a deadbeat dad.

Edited by dalsh327
  • Like 1

No one knows what Dizzy makes a year but he surely can't be on that much all things considered? Maybe in the illusion days he saw a pretty penny compared to your average citizen but enough to live luxuriously off away from the GNR tour machine?

Amazing how in Bruno's eyes, BBF does nothing wrong. Ever.

What exactly is wrong? Supporting a friend or explaining to people why he agreed to do this? :lol:

You said it was damage control, if that even makes sense. I said 'wait a few days and we'll have our answer'.

If he does leave there's no discussion. If he stays, then we can argue about that (and I won't though)

Edited by Bruno P.

Guest Gunns

I hope this is more popular then the rapidfire kickstarter otherwise the shit from Rons underwear from the pledge, will hit the fan!

Now Dizzy's doing a Kickstarter to pay for his daughter's college! http://www.gofundme.com/9w45qg :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

Never. Not even 1 dollar.

I will say bumble is leaving, he actually read the question about him leaving but he deleted it out of the quote and answered something else,

Why not clarify it?

Because then the drama will be over and the attempts at trying to seek attention will be put to rest. Better to ignore the rumor and let the fans think whatever they want. They're all haters!! :lol:

OMG. Things are bad in the US if the daughter of a rockstar (well... you know what I mean) has to beg for money for college ?? I'm just baffled. We can argue about Ron's Kickstarter, but at least people who pay get something out of it, a guitar strap, autograph... I'm getting too old.

Lisa should explain why she's going hat in hand when her ex-husband spent years making money on the road but they had nothing put aside for the kids to go to college. It absolutely makes no sense for her to live in Dana Point and need a loan for school.

That's just...wow. I don't think I can tell anyone else what to do with their finances, but I am kind of stunned that with all the royalties Dizzy has received on UYI for 23 years, plus the retainer for touring/etc., that there's nothing there for a college fund for the kids. I'm sorry that the daughter has to suffer because they didn't plan ahead better, but it's not anyone else's problem to fund her education. A lot of kids are faced with this issue and they end up getting a job, doing work study, trying to get a scholarship, etc.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

BBF's kickstarter I can understand where they are coming from to an extent and I wouldn't have a issue with contributing because IMO BBF has always went above and beyond for his fans.

However, to ask for a contribution to the daughter of a band member of GNR is beyond ridiculous. My ex wife was able to almost completely fund my daughters upcoming college tuition off my $612/mo child support, so I'm not seeing how this young lady should be asking for any kind of support for college. I would think that dizzy would be able to contribute more then $612/mo??

Dizzy only has writing credits on a couple (?) of songs from CD though, right?

Just going off memory but he doesnt have any on the UYI albums, right?

So that would mean he just gets performance royalties, which could have been a one off lump sum, maybe plus bonuses when album sales reached certain points (or not)

Axl did make a point of saying he was a full member of the band back in the day.

Surely the phenomenal sales of Chinese Democracy have lined his coffers with riches?

I will say bumble is leaving, he actually read the question about him leaving but he deleted it out of the quote and answered something else,

Why not clarify it?

Perhaps because he would have to answer, "then why did you tweet X or Y". Maybe addressing it at all would open that can of worms. Just a thought.

Ali

I guess it's pretty easy to be critical of both campaigns.

It's like any other charity though, if you don't dig it = don't donate.

I'd like a new Harley but I can't afford it. maybe I should hit up kickstarter

Guest Gunns

Why not clarify it?

Perhaps because he would have to answer, "then why did you tweet X or Y". Maybe addressing it at all would open that can of worms. Just a thought.

Ali

My boy Ali, thank you for replying, but here's another thought,

By completely denying the rumor once and for all, I don't think anyone would give a shit about the semantics or other unimportant shit about tweets etc, if he just came out and addressed the rumor. It would stop all further talk in regards to his position in the band and its future. Obviously you would get some that would try and find a way to save face and use past information Ron has said to try and reignite it but I think on a whole, by not saying anything about it is worse than had he of just cleared it up and say he wasn't leaving, THAT'S NOT TO SAY, HE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE LEAVING WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT HE DIDN'T ADDRESS IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

:rofl-lol:

Never. Not even 1 dollar.

Why not clarify it?

Because then the drama will be over and the attempts at trying to seek attention will be put to rest. Better to ignore the rumor and let the fans think whatever they want. They're all haters!! :lol:

That's just...wow. I don't think I can tell anyone else what to do with their finances, but I am kind of stunned that with all the royalties Dizzy has received on UYI for 23 years, plus the retainer for touring/etc., that there's nothing there for a college fund for the kids. I'm sorry that the daughter has to suffer because they didn't plan ahead better, but it's not anyone else's problem to fund her education. A lot of kids are faced with this issue and they end up getting a job, doing work study, trying to get a scholarship, etc.

I think with someone like Dizzy he wouldn't get any money from the old songs because he didn't write any. He'd get some royalties from chinese democracy.

When the Chinese Democracy sessions were going on the combined payroll for seven band members (excluding Axl) exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. So let's say Dizzy isn't a star player and was earning 6k a moth, that would have given him a total of 72k a year.

That was with the label funding everything.

I presume that since Axl is funding everything now the band isn't being paid to be on retainer i.e. when they're not touring. So all their money I guess must come from touring alone, which could be problematic given the size of some of the small venues and the number in the band.

The upshot is that I would guess (and it's only a guess) that at this point the band members are probably making as much as they would at a regular office job. Not bad by any means, but no more than a fairly average salary. They're not millionaires like the original band.

Edited by axl666

I think with someone like Dizzy he wouldn't get any money from the old songs because he didn't write any. He'd get some royalties from chinese democracy.

When the Chinese Democracy sessions were going on the combined payroll for seven band members (excluding Axl) exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. So let's say Dizzy isn't a star player and was earning 6k a moth, that would have given him a total of 72k a year.

That was with the label funding everything.

I presume that since Axl is funding everything now the band isn't being paid to be on retainer i.e. when they're not touring. So all their money I guess must come from touring alone, which could be problematic given the size of some of the small venues and the number in the band.

The upshot is that I would guess (and it's only a guess) that at this point the band members are probably making as much as they would at a regular office job. Not bad by any means, but no more than a fairly average salary. They're not millionaires like the original band.

I definitely agree that the band members aren't making millions from touring; they're probably earning a decent salary that equates to what they would make at a good office job (and hopefully with benefits, but who knows...).

With Dizzy, though, even though he hasn't any songwriting credits for UYI or TSI, wouldn't he earn a royalty from being a primary performer on the albums?

Performance royalties are meagre, publishing/songwriting credits are where the money is.

As I said before, musicians may be paid a lump sum buyout to perform on an album, possibly with bonuses when the album reaches certain sales, or not.

There's actually a fascinating discussion to be had over this sort of thing, and how songwriting credits are based off ye olde days where composing was done on a piano and how the system doesn't really accommodate drummers for example.