Wonder why Axl never tried acting?

I was watching the dvd of "Welcome to the Videos" and as the videos got more outrageous with Axl kind of acting, I was wondering if Axl ever thought of going into acting like so many other musicians have?

Does anyone know if Axl was offered any acting roles or not?

I guess none of us might actually know, but after seeing Axl in November Rain, don't Cry, Estranged and Since I don't have you, I thought he would be a natural at acting.

Anyway, just a thought.

• Like 1

Axl as an actor...

1st day of shooting: Axl does not turn up

2nd day of shooting: Axl does not turn up.

3rd day of shooting: Axl does not turn up, causing a cast/crew mutiny and the end of production. The film is never made.

Post-shoot autopsy: Axl spends his time blaming the director, the script and the entire cast/crew for the closing down of production.

• Like 1

Axl as an actor...

3rd day of shooting: Axl does not turn up, causing a cast/crew mutiny and the end of production. The film is never made.

Post-shoot autopsy: Axl spends his time blaming the director, the script and the entire cast/crew for the closing down of production.

Or the one day he does show up, the Director tries to give him direction and he storms off :P

Just because you are a great singer doesn't mean you are a great actor as well.

And acting is apparently a brutal business. They often work 15-16 hour days. Do you think Axl is going to do that?

Wonder why Axl never became a professional bull rider or competitive snowmobile racer?

Can't we just celebrate the fact that he is one of - if not the - best rock singer of our generation?

Axl as an actor...

Or the one day he does show up, the Director tries to give him direction and he storms off :P

The script depicted a hard-boiled cop drama yet Axl wanted more romantic scenes inserted.

• Like 1

He was supposed to have his own episode of Tales From the Crypt which would have been written by Del James.

If I'm remembering right, the plot delt with Axl as an undead biker who returns from the grave to seek vengeance against his friends who killed him.

Sounds like it would have been awesome. But just like everything else, we are only left with our imagination.

Yeah, I can see Axl doing horror.

Oh well, I guess since Axl doesn't like when people tell him what to do, acting wouldn't be a good fit.

I think Axl could have been good at acting, but I'm very glad he's still singing and touring with GNR.

He was supposed to have his own episode of Tales From the Crypt which would have been written by Del James.

If I'm remembering right, the plot delt with Axl as an undead biker who returns from the grave to seek vengeance against his friends who killed him.

Sounds like it would have been awesome. But just like everything else, we are only left with our imagination.

Slash was in an episode of Tales from the Crypt. I think this was around, 1994.

LOL

I would have loved for him to make some special appearance in a series or movie. But yeah, like people pointed out above, acting is a different thing. And Axl is not one to take orders or have to go by a schedule, respecting hours and following lines.

I'm glad he keeps doing what he knows best to do and is not like Bon Jovi whose acting sucks major ass :P

And acting is apparently a brutal business. They often work 15-16 hour days. Do you think Axl is going to do that?

Wonder why Axl never became a professional bull rider or competitive snowmobile racer?

Can't we just celebrate the fact that he is one of - if not the - best rock singer of our generation?

Quite. I think it's an offensive notion that just because somebody is a charismatic singer that they should get some kind of free pass into making big films. There are certain things that can work e.g. Bowie playing an alien, Eminem playing himself, Tom Waits playing characters from his songs. But when you get egos like Prince, MJ and Madonna who stink at acting it's like 'Yeah, and what do you think would happen if you gave Brad Pitt a microphone and sent him out in front of 80,000 people at Wembley stadium?! Most actors worked and studied and trained their whole lives to become great at what they do the same way musicians did. I just don't get the arrogance of musicians thinking they should automatically be accepted in film. Jon Bon Jovi has a modicum of acting talent and actually worked really hard from the ground up to try and have some kind of film career, taking masses of classes and going to crappy auditions like he was nobody but he couldn't catch a break.

LOL

I would have loved for him to make some special appearance in a series or movie. But yeah, like people pointed out above, acting is a different thing. And Axl is not one to take orders or have to go by a schedule, respecting hours and following lines.

I'm glad he keeps doing what he knows best to do and is not like Bon Jovi whose acting sucks major ass :P

lol did bon jovi do that? where and when?

Requires punctuality; enough said

Or a crash test dummy?

LOL

LOL

yeah, he has a long filmography :confused:

http://www.locatetv.com/person/jon-bon-jovi/15879

LOL

Bud Bundy!!! lol jon bon jovi in a movie just looks lame he is so stiff and unflexible in his attitude and movements and face expressions

Axl mentioned in an interview, can't remember which one, that he had thought about acting but he would have to quit the band to do so. This was back during the original line up. He said he had thought about it at one time, but that was it, only thought about it. I can't remember where I saw that. It was a fleeting thought he said out loud it seemed.