If You Tell Another Guy to Suck Your Dick As An Insult/In a Fight, Does That Still Make You Bi/Gay?

I had a friend in high school who used to tell everyone if they irritated him in any way to suck his dick. When he told me to, I told him he was gay. He responds, "Nothing gay about getting your dick sucked. You'd be gay for sucking it."

I think it does make you gay nonetheless.

Metaphor separates us from the beasts.

I usually get most of your material but you lost me on this one.

:question:

Basically, the question the thread poses is whether "suck my dick" is a literal command. And of course it's not; it's metaphorical. So metaphor was bouncing in my head, and you know I'm into philosophy and all that, and it's gone by a number of different names throughout the years, but the traditional Western philosophical distinction between man and animal has always been man's capacity for metaphor vs. the animal's lack of any such capacity. That distinction has been unsettled in recent years, though by no means eliminated, and I don't even agree with it necessarily, but I thought it fit the thread in a kind of vague, ominous way.

So that's that. :lol:

• Like 2

Basically, the question the thread poses is whether "suck my dick" is a literal command. And of course it's not; it's metaphorical. So metaphor was bouncing in my head, and you know I'm into philosophy and all that, and it's gone by a number of different names throughout the years, but the traditional Western philosophical distinction between man and animal has always been man's capacity for metaphor vs. the animal's lack of any such capacity. That distinction has been unsettled in recent years, though by no means eliminated, and I don't even agree with it necessarily, but I thought it fit the thread in a kind of vague, ominous way.

Is it not the ability to resist temptation which separates us from beasts? I've studied a decent amount of political philosophy, and that seems to be one of the bigger messages there. Though I suppose both idioms could be connected to each other.

Is it not the ability to resist temptation which separates us from beasts? I've studied a decent amount of political philosophy, and that seems to be one of the bigger messages there. Though I suppose both idioms could be connected to each other.

Yes, to resist temptation is to substitute, this instead of that, this in the place of that, metaphor. That's pretty much what sublimation and the pleasure/reality principles in psychoanalysis are too.

Got it...so basically, if you think saying "suck my dick" means you're gay, you're no different than an animal.

:lol:

Nice.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Got it...so basically, if you think saying "suck my dick" means you're gay, you're no different than an animal.

:lol:

Nice.

Bingo. That was the subtle jab.

Yup saying it means you are gay. You are subconsciously gay and in the heat of an aggressive moment you allow it to come out. You're gay as gay can be. No different than when Axl said Bon Jovi could suck his dick. Axl has been gay all this time. You might as well accept that you are gay too. Mind = blown..................... seriously WTF kinda thread is this?

This one time in Camden, I was minding my own business, just bought a Guns N' Roses tshirt, wore it, ran into this group of guys a lil' younger than me, all wearing Guns N' Roses tshirts, they embraced me, we had a group man hug and the only way I could break it and not seem rude was to ask 'So, which one of you is gonna give me head?'. They smiled, and that ended the group hug and I went on my merry way. :lol: Genius.

Edited by Snake-Pit

They smiled? I think you're leaving out a bit of that story, Snake-Pit. It's okay, you can tell us. No one here will judge you... Except for me :P

But I don't think it makes the insulter gay, it just makes him guilty of saying really gay stuff. It's sort of the same principle that applies to when people shout "fuck you" in anger, I suppose. Though, if the guy actually starts going down on you and you don't fight it, then yes, you're gay. Very gay.