Anyone Else Here Prefers The Spaghetti Incident Over ChiDem?

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The many layers is one of the things I love about CD. I can discover something new about it every time that I listen to it.

It works on some songs - mainly TWAT and Prostitute - but on others like CITR I feel like the layering takes away from the main parts that should be emphasized. That is why I think the 1999 demo completely smokes the album version, there is more air and space for the song to breathe and I feel like it makes the song that much stronger

As a musician myself I appreciate complexity, but to me I care most about catering towards what is best for the songs themselves and in the case of Chinese Democracy I feel that the arragnemts could have been shaped a bit better to compliment the songwriting even more.

Edited by WhazUp

''Layers'' of further cack. Whevever I listen to CD I usually discover something else to dislike about the thing.

Layers are cool if they have a purpose. In CD the layers make crappy songs sound even more like a mess.

TSI is better than CD.

Appetite, Lies and Illusion all piss on Democracy. It is so one-sided, there shouldn't even be a discussion about it.

I haven't listened to any of those records in years.

Boring.

cupcakes are boring.

Chinese Democracy is the best album of the 2000's, by far. There Was a Time, Better, Catcher in the Rye, and Prostitute are great and amazing songs. Shackler's Revenge, Street of Dreams, and I.R.S. are good too. So many haters because not every song is great, but every album has some bad songs. Look at how many horrible songs Use Your Illusion I had: Dust N' Bones, You Ain't the First, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, Garden of Eden, and Bad Apples. Those songs are much worse than the few not so great songs on CD, like Scraped, If the World, and Sorry.

People need to stop hating on Chinese Democracy so much, because it really is an amazing album. If Axl would have stuck with his look and style from Rock in Rio III, not quit on the 2002 tour, released CD in 2002 along with singles/music videos for There Was a Time, Better, Catcher in the Rye, and Prostitute, the album would have been huge.

Chinese Democracy is the best album of the 2000's, by far. There Was a Time, Better, Catcher in the Rye, and Prostitute are great and amazing songs. Shackler's Revenge, Street of Dreams, and I.R.S. are good too. So many haters because not every song is great, but every album has some bad songs. Look at how many horrible songs Use Your Illusion I had: Dust N' Bones, You Ain't the First, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, Garden of Eden, and Bad Apples. Those songs are much worse than the few not so great songs on CD, like Scraped, If the World, and Sorry.

People need to stop hating on Chinese Democracy so much, because it really is an amazing album. If Axl would have stuck with his look and style from Rock in Rio III, not quit on the 2002 tour, released CD in 2002 along with singles/music videos for There Was a Time, Better, Catcher in the Rye, and Prostitute, the album would have been huge.

People hates CD becasuse people wants Hard Rock, not experimental-industrial-rock, where is hard rock in CD? where is a hit single?

The best songs of CD are ballads, GnR needs a greats rapids and rockers songs too, Better wasnt in a high positions in a charts, it was a disaster.

Going down is a great song, possibility in the future it will be a single.

You trash CD, yet have nothing to back up your talk. Sure CD isn't perfect, no album is, though Use Your Illusion II is close. CD is amazing. There Was a Time is one of the best songs of all time. Catcher, Better, and Prostitute all amazing as well. There is no denying that. If Axl would have released it sooner and promoted it properly instead of doing nothing, the album would have been a huge success.

name them. almost nothing but garbage in the 2000's and rock has been dead for a long time.

2001 - 2010, in a loose sort of order 'from best to worst'...

Bjork - Vespertine (best album of the whole period).

Neil Young - Le Nosie

Neil Young - Praire Wind

Oasis - Heathen Chemistry (best, post-classic period, Oasis album).

Izzy Stradlin - On Down the Road

Shakira - Laundry Service

Bjork - Medulla

Bjork - Volta

Metallica - Death Magnetic (flawed but still - just - edges CD)

Slash (best Slash solo album)

I am sure there are more I can think which a superior than CD.

PS

Cannot believe I forgot Dylan's Love and Theft.

Edited by DieselDaisy

There Was a Time would have been a hit single, but it never got the chance. Same with Catcher. Better failed because it followed a dud "Chinese Democracy" and no music video or promotion whatsoever. If Axl would have released "There Was a Time", "Better", "Catcher in the Rye", and "Prostitute" in that order as singles along with epic GNR fashion videos for each one, they would have been huge...especially if Axl kept the same look, style, and energy he had at RiR III.

Going Down won't do anything, unless Axl sings on it.

People hates CD becasuse people wants Hard Rock, not experimental-industrial-rock, where is hard rock in CD? where is a hit single?

The best songs of CD are ballads, GnR needs a greats rapids and rockers songs too, Better wasnt in a high positions in a charts, it was a disaster.

"Hate" is a word that is always thrown around here, yet no one knows its real meaning - it seems.

Nobody 'hates' CD. It's just one true shit album and not because of the reasons you have listed in your post. The album was overproduced to the point it became unlistenable and it was one man, one hand that ruined the album, and that is Axl Rose. From his lame, cheesy, terrible crybaby bitter lyrics to his years and years editing the songs adding layers and layers of... who knows? nonsense. That's what made the album terrible and the worst of the 00s.

I really like Buckethead and Finck's guitar work but that's all.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

None of those albums come close to Chinese Democracy. Bjork is horrible. Shakira is pop garbage. Oasis hasn't had a decent song since late 90's. Metallica had one good song on that album. Slash and Izzy are both horrible outside of Guns N' Roses and none of their solo efforts come close to the great songs Axl has on CD.

None of those albums come close to Chinese Democracy. Bjork is horrible. Shakira is pop garbage. Oasis hasn't had a decent song since late 90's. Metallica had one good song on that album. Slash and Izzy are both horrible outside of Guns N' Roses and none of their solo efforts come close to the great songs Axl has on CD.

Haha. Totally biased!!

And Dylan and Neil Young?

Dylan and Neil Young...when was the last time they had a decent song? Like the 60's? LOL what a joke.

I cannot even continue this discussion, such is your musical stupidity. Dylan released Blood on the Tracks - what many consider his greatest album - post 60s and Neil Young had his very greatest era, in the 1970s, not the 1960s, haha. And that is without even getting to each of their 1990s musical renaissance (Young with Ragged Glory, Dylan with Time Out of Mind).

At least do some research or you will look stupid.

CD is produced to perfection. Axl takes advantage of technology to have a modern edge. This isn't 1987, so why would he produce an album as if it were? Axl's lyrics and vocals are top notch, as well as the melodies to the songs.

Who is suggesting that Axl should have mastered CD as it were 1987? Only in 1987 albums were not obsessively overproduced? :lol: CD has nothing of 'modern' - that's the problem. Axl wanted to make it sound "modern" but the album ended up sounding like shit.

Axl's lyrics in CD are the worst he has written and he wrote some ridiculous ones in the previous albums.

Dylan and Neil Young...when was the last time they had a decent song? Like the 60's? LOL what a joke.

:facepalm: You're now embarrassing yourself. Your ignorance is just laughable.

How are they better? Those albums listed are boring and mundane. Axl is the best singer of all time, just proven recently. Plus best song writer too IMO. Chinese Democracy features melodic songs with great lyrics and vocals...plus guitar from two of the best guitarists out there....Buckethead and Robin Finck.

"Hate" is a word that is always thrown around here, yet no one knows its real meaning - it seems.

Nobody 'hates' CD. It's just one true shit album and not because of the reasons you have listed in your post. The album was overproduced to the point it became unlistenable and it was one man, one hand that ruined the album, and that is Axl Rose. From his lame, cheesy, terrible crybaby bitter lyrics to his years and years editing the songs adding layers and layers of... who knows? nonsense. That's what made the album terrible and the worst of the 00s.

I really like Buckethead and Finck's guitar work but that's all.

I thinks that a lot of people dont like CD album becasuse, not sound at old Guns N Roses, and it has not a hit single, for example the Bon Jovi record Crush is not a great album but it has Its my Life, and the album became a success.

CD is a good song, but not a greatest hit, and i think the same with Better.