Anyone Else Here Prefers The Spaghetti Incident Over ChiDem?

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want to research them, because they are boring and uninteresting artists. Since Pearl Jam has sucked since like 2000, Metallica hasn't done much for a long time, the only artists now to look forward to new music from are Guns N' Roses and Tool. All these new rock bands are absolutely horrible...a bunch of myspace boring bands.

How are they better? Those albums listed are boring and mundane. Axl is the best singer of all time, just proven recently. Plus best song writer too IMO. Chinese Democracy features melodic songs with great lyrics and vocals...plus guitar from two of the best guitarists out there....Buckethead and Robin Finck.

A fellow Slash fan I see who is being sarcastic?

I thinks that a lot of people dont like CD album becasuse, not sound at old Guns N Roses, and it has not a hit single, for example the Bon Jovi record Crush is not a great album but it has Its my Life, and the album became a success.

CD is a good song, but not a greatest hit, and i think the same with Better.

Probably, but it's definitely not my case. I liked nuGuns, and I enjoyed the demos more than the finished product. It would have been idiotic to expect AFD Part II from the hands of Buckethead and Finck (if you knew their previous material before joining Axl's band).

The guitar parts are great, drums are great, even the piano instrumental for Prostitute and This I Love are great. Like I said, Axl Rose ruined the album with his lyrics, vocals and overproduction. Some people want to call it "complexity", I call it "shit".

Bon Jovi released the best song off that album "It's My Life" right off the bat, didn't he? And a long with a music video and full album promotion. That's why he was successful with it. If Axl did the same thing, full promotion and first single along with epic music video for "There Was a Time", Chinese Democracy would have been huge. What a disappointment it was that the label chose to release "Chinese Democracy" as the first single. I bet casuals were shaking their heads wondering "I've waited 20 years for this...".

How are they better? Those albums listed are boring and mundane. Axl is the best singer of all time, just proven recently. Plus best song writer too IMO. Chinese Democracy features melodic songs with great lyrics and vocals...plus guitar from two of the best guitarists out there....Buckethead and Robin Finck.

You call Shakira "pop garbage" and now you claim all those albums listed are boring and mundane. So, I have to assume you have listened to those boring and mundane albums? Why is that? You like boring and mundane music? Aside from Chinese Democracy, of course.

I would bet $1,000 you have not listened to half the albums listed there. You don't even know most of those artists' music. It's very obvious.

For you to claim Axl is the best singer of all time is just... :rofl-lol:. Proven by who really? It was just a very subjective list made by an specific magazine(?). Even Axl said it himself. He's also very far from being the best songwriter, but I guess in your little word he's just the best ever.

I really liked CD when it came out, but these days I can't listen to it properly all the way through.

Axl's over-produced vocals, and its overall melancholy feel are too much unless I'm in a particular mood.

TSI however, is always a fun listen, and it's the best sounding album by te old band.
Guitars are nice and crunchy, drums are huge, and Axl sounds great.

So TSI wins for me.

You're right, I haven't listened to those albums, outside of the Metallica one and Slash. I just don't find the artists interesting enough to listen to based on previous material I've heard from them or just how boring or uninteresting II find them to be. Why would I listen to music that sounds average and boring when I could be listening to something great like Guns N' Roses or other great bands? Axl said that to come off as humble, but inside, he knows it to be true, that he is the greatest singer of all time! Why do you think he's had this resurgence recently? It's because of that recognition of being the greatest ever.

Chinese Democracy is the best album of the 2000's, by far.

Some artists who released better albums than CD in the 2000's:

Slash

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Feist

Camera Obscura

Walking Papers

Mark Lanegan

Them Crooked Vultures

Monster Truck

White Stripes

Motorhead

Black Sabbath

John Frusciante

And a few of them ^^ released more than one album better than CD...

All of those bands are either nobodies or hasbeens. Chili Peppers have some good songs, but they don't come close to Guns N' Roses, old or new. Camera Obama....Monster Truck...like wtf is this.

Chinese Democracy is so amazing to me and I'm really picky. I don't know how people can hate it so much. I never get tired of listening to most of the songs on the album. For me, There Was a Time is up there with Estranged and November Rain. It's that fucking good.

All of those bands are either nobodies or hasbeens. Chili Peppers have some good songs, but they don't come close to Guns N' Roses, old or new. Camera Obama....Monster Truck...like wtf is this.

Whoever they are, they made albums that I enjoy far more than CD.

Oh I just thought of another one, A Bigger Bang by the Rolling Stones... There are many others..

Appetite, Lies and Illusion all piss on Democracy. It is so one-sided, there shouldn't even be a discussion about it.

I haven't listened to any of those records in years.

Boring.

cupcakes are boring.

Agreed. It's amazing how many people want to cupcake on CD.

Appetite, Lies and Illusion all piss on Democracy. It is so one-sided, there shouldn't even be a discussion about it.

I haven't listened to any of those records in years.

Boring.

cupcakes are boring.

Agreed. It's amazing how many people want to cupcake on CD.

I really like ChiDem but I was talking about you.

Shakira?? As in Hips Don't Lie and Shewolf Shakira??

Do you know the songs that include the album Laundry Service? No, you don't.

That album is better than CD. That is, considering CD is the worst album of the 00s. And yes, I agree people have shitty taste in music but it is what it is.

Shakira?? As in Hips Don't Lie and Shewolf Shakira??

Do you know the songs that include the album Laundry Service? No, you don't.

That album is better than CD. That is, considering CD is the worst album of the 00s. And yes, I agree people have shitty taste in music but it is what it is.

So what's your excuse?

Btw, Laundry Service IS actually a really good album. Than again I'm actually a music fan. I prefer to look at what's good rather than what it's not.

And... Worst album of the 00's? It's clear that you're the biggest cupcake on this forum.

If CD is the worst album of the 00's than AFD is the worst album of all time. Followed by The White Album and Bat Out Of Hell. If you think you can be ridiculous I can top you any day of the week.

Edited by Evil Ernie

If CD is the worst album of the 00's than AFD is the worst album of all time.

It's then, not than. I can't discuss anything with someone too ignorant to confuse those words.

CD is the worst album of the 00s. It doesn't matter what other albums are considered worst of all time. Of course, my opinion can always be different thEn yours. :rofl-lol: