Axl is on Budweiser advertising

Yep, lets focus on Axl doing the same thing that Slash has done for the past decade, instead of focusing on perhaps WHY Axl chose to do it now, at all times.

Talk of music being released this year

Upcoming release of Appetite for Democracy DVD

other stuff?

seeing what the level of public interest is in Axl, etc? maybe he just loves the taste of cat piss in the morning and chose to endorse Bud cause he wanted to.

lets just keep bashing those that bashed slash and not bashed axl

Haha, it's not "bashing" and it's most certainly not the focus of the thread. It's just one point that many feel is relevant. As I said before, the commercial doesn't matter to me either way. However for the record, I think you're reading WAY too much into by saying that it could be meant to guage the publics interest and so on.

I would perhaps say there is most likely, more to this then what we currently assume. As I said, a lot of news outlets have used this as an opportunity to almost do an advertorial on the Appetite for Democracy DVD, as well as mention the successful vegas residency that just happened, as well as using Axl's recent comments about his intention of releasing music very soon...

Talk about overreacting to a 3 second spot..... :lol:

A three second spot that's obtained quiet a lot of interest in music, news and entertainment outlets. Not bad for three seconds yeah? :lol:

We should have a gentleman's bet on what comes next. I say nothing or more nostalgia touring. What say you?

Yep, lets focus on Axl doing the same thing that Slash has done for the past decade, instead of focusing on perhaps WHY Axl chose to do it now, at all times.

other stuff?

seeing what the level of public interest is in Axl, etc? maybe he just loves the taste of cat piss in the morning and chose to endorse Bud cause he wanted to.

yeah sure, it can't be for money... axl's nutswingers always have to find a noble reason to justify axl's crap.

axl's fans are hilarious

Guest Gunns

other stuff?

lets just keep bashing those that bashed slash and not bashed axl

Haha, it's not "bashing" and it's most certainly not the focus of the thread. It's just one point that many feel is relevant. As I said before, the commercial doesn't matter to me either way. However for the record, I think you're reading WAY too much into by saying that it could be meant to guage the publics interest and so on.

I would perhaps say there is most likely, more to this then what we currently assume. As I said, a lot of news outlets have used this as an opportunity to almost do an advertorial on the Appetite for Democracy DVD, as well as mention the successful vegas residency that just happened, as well as using Axl's recent comments about his intention of releasing music very soon...

Talk about overreacting to a 3 second spot..... :lol:

A three second spot that's obtained quiet a lot of interest in music, news and entertainment outlets. Not bad for three seconds yeah? :lol:

We should have a gentleman's bet on what comes next. I say nothing or more nostalgia touring. What say you?

More beer drinking and laughing at Dj from Axl.

I'll put $100 down at 2:1 odds. you can call your odds.

People should get over it, it's a shit ad, but I thought it was cool seeing him in it. How is it any different to Slash's VW ad or anything else? Nobody's ever cared about that.

You're missing the point, too? :lol:

There's nothing wrong with doing an ad, even if it includes a shit version of one of your hit songs. Slash has been called media whore, sell out for years, and Axl has been portrayed as the only one with integrity, the one who doesn't do anything for money. Well, there he is, selling himself out for a Budweiser ad, associating himself with a shit version of Paradise City. ZERO INTEGRITY. Should we care? Not really. But in the end, is a slap in the face of those who claimed Axl was one thing when he's definitely another.

I'm not missing the point at all. The realities of the music industry have changed since the early 90's dude. This is no worse than seeing ads for M.A.C. cosmetics or Monster energy at a GN'R show. I don't love any of these things, but I accept them as necessary.

Actually, you are.

I'm very much aware of how the music industry works and I have no issue with music artists doing ads for whatever they are offered. You don't love these things, I do. I like to see my favorite musicians everywhere I go. That's not the issue.

No, I'm not. Have any of us heard him comment on this sort of thing in recent years?

He's not out there pimping a product he doesn't use. It's a brand of beer that he actually drinks. Integrity doesn't come into it. :shrugs:

Did he really drinks that shit?

I hardly call Budweiser a beer

I think Axl can afford special import european beers (esp. belgian beers/ale's)

The country where i live is a poor central european country (and we don't really have good beers now) but if somebody drink Bud most people chuckle at him for drinking american beer :shrugs: You find waay more cheaaper beers that taste 100X times better than this bottle of piss

People should get over it, it's a shit ad, but I thought it was cool seeing him in it. How is it any different to Slash's VW ad or anything else? Nobody's ever cared about that.

You're missing the point, too? :lol:

There's nothing wrong with doing an ad, even if it includes a shit version of one of your hit songs. Slash has been called media whore, sell out for years, and Axl has been portrayed as the only one with integrity, the one who doesn't do anything for money. Well, there he is, selling himself out for a Budweiser ad, associating himself with a shit version of Paradise City. ZERO INTEGRITY. Should we care? Not really. But in the end, is a slap in the face of those who claimed Axl was one thing when he's definitely another.

I'm not missing the point at all. The realities of the music industry have changed since the early 90's dude. This is no worse than seeing ads for M.A.C. cosmetics or Monster energy at a GN'R show. I don't love any of these things, but I accept them as necessary.

Actually, you are.

I'm very much aware of how the music industry works and I have no issue with music artists doing ads for whatever they are offered. You don't love these things, I do. I like to see my favorite musicians everywhere I go. That's not the issue.

No, I'm not. Have any of us heard him comment on this sort of thing in recent years?

He's not out there pimping a product he doesn't use. It's a brand of beer that he actually drinks. Integrity doesn't come into it. :shrugs:

Did he really drinks that shit?

I hardly call Budweiser a beer

I think Axl can afford special import european beers (esp. belgian beers/ale's)

The country where i live is a poor central european country (and we don't really have good beers now) but if somebody drink Bud most people chuckle at him for drinking american beer :shrugs: You find waay more cheaaper beers that taste 100X times better than this bottle of piss

Technically speaking, Budweiser is a Belgian beer now... Fuckin Inbev...

Guest Gunns

other stuff?

yeah sure, it can't be for money... axl's nutswingers always have to find a noble reason to justify axl's crap.

axl's fans are hilarious

Yeah that's another reason too. Not a nutswinger, but judging by your reply, slash nut swinger?

Guest Gunns

Wait, so you don't think this will lead to anything either, Gunns? Then what was all that earlier stuff you said about?

oh I didn't take your post as serious, I thought you were just taking the piss (excuse the pun). When you said bets I thought it was another take the piss post from you so I reciprocated lol

Wait, so you don't think this will lead to anything either, Gunns? Then what was all that earlier stuff you said about?

oh I didn't take your post as serious, I thought you were just taking the piss (excuse the pun). When you said bets I thought it was another take the piss post from you so I reciprocated lol

I was joking about the whole bet thing, but I did want to know what you thought would come of all this.

Guest Gunns

I was joking about the whole bet thing, but I did want to know what you thought would come of all this.

It might just be nothing, it might have been used (not solely but perhaps serving a purpose) to assist in the promotion of Appetite for Democracy. A couple of large music and entertainment outlets have only reported that dvd in light of Axls appearance in this commercial, and it's being used to promote that and the past success of the tour, and what Axl has said in wanting to release music very soon (one site mentioned, that Axl is wanting to do a double album with Chinese democracy like he did with the UYI's lol) but point is there could be something behind this, but at worst, its being used to draw attention to the DVD.

Which will no doubt, might assist in building up anticipation for the upcoming release, because at the moment there really isn't much buzz in the air for another album outside of the hardcores.

so to answer your question, who the fuck knows with this band, nothing is logical, so don't waste time guessing.

Guest Gunns

There's no reason Axl should spend the rest of his days touring Brazil and "being a recluse"...I think the guy has served his time and it's time to integrate again.

if he did that , they would change the face on the Cristo Redentor statue to Axl's.

other stuff?

axl's fans are hilarious

Yeah that's another reason too. Not a nutswinger, but judging by your reply, slash nut swinger?
sure. this is what i said about slash's new song : http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/203446-slashs-third-album-world-on-fire/?p=3786701

do i sound like a nutswinger to you ?

Edited by supercool

There's no reason Axl should spend the rest of his days touring Brazil and "being a recluse"...I think the guy has served his time and it's time to integrate again.

if he did that , they would change the face on the Cristo Redentor statue to Axl's.
most of people in brazil don't give a shit about axl :

Well I'm not so sure that that handful of folks interviewed could be construed as "most people" :lol:

Not that I'm suggesting EVERYONE in Brazil loves and worships Axl, but he definitely gets a better reception there than in the US, for example, right?

Edited by DR DOOM

Neither Axl nor Slash are the counter culture, anti-establishment artists any of us might have hoped they were at some point. The point is exactly that it's not a big deal. That's what some of you aren't getting. Neither of these guys is special. They're simply a couple of our favorite musicians who are guided by the same base desires as any other human being.

I agree, but the day Axl records a song with Phineas and Ferb I'll record a webcam video of myself singing This I Love and post it here. :lol:

Yeah, but Slash has kids, totally different context for him doing something like that than if Axl randomly did it.

But since when did people ever think these guys strove to be the Little Sisters of the Poor? They started out back in the day stealing $$ from inebriated chicks purses, so you don't think in their 50's they wouldn't take a nice chunk of change for quick commercial work or other side ventures?

The only reason this should even be a topic(on this forum), is that we've had people blasting Slash for doing self promotion, as if an 80's rock guitarist with a family has no reason to get out and promote himself as much as possible. Let these guys do what the fuck they want--as HV has said the business has changed radically and in an age when most of an artists music gets downloaded for free, can't shit on them for capitalizing on other supplemental sources of income. Besides, I thought being a rock star WAS all about having fun and making cash.

All that said, shit commercial and even worse beer. Detest Bud. But Axl's check will cash either way, so good for him...

Axl could develop an Irish accent and stand in for Van the Man. At least he hasn't stopped making new albums even if 10 people buy them. Van never talks about personal shit or has to deal with people asking when a Them reunion is going to happen.

Guest Gunns

People have read far more into this ad then anyone ever has for the book Atlas Shrugged.

Welcome to Mygnrforum. Enjoy your stay.