Axl is on Budweiser advertising

It's pretty clear that people are making fun of him because he participated in the raping of his classic song. He didn't perform it, but he physically participated in the fuckery. I wouldn't really have given it a second thought had it been the actual version of Paradise City or just an Axl cameo, but ffs :facepalm:

It's just hilarious how the same people who gave Slash shit for shit like this are now acting like they wouldn't have dared given him shit had the shoe been on the other foot for this commercial. Yeah right. Who you trying to shit? :lol:

• Like 1

Didn't he recently do some advertising for headphones as well as this Budweiser ad?

Maybe he wants to go the Dr Dre route and make some serious cash $$

I think it is annoying some people because he is coming across as being a bit hypocritical. He was very vocal about Slash doing similar things and now he has decided to follow the same path.

Maybe he has seen how much money DJ Ashba makes from Ashba swag :D

Guest Gunns

This was a good article:

Axl Rose Hoists Budweiser In New Ad
June 12, 2014 By Chris Harris 0 Comments
Screen-Shot-2014-06-12-at-3.44.25-PM-300

Axl loves Bud and blondes

So I guess we all know what beer Axl Rose prefers now.

Figures. Fucking bland bullshit that it is.

I can’t drink Budweiser. It hits my lips, and I recoil at its vile taste.

Garbage.

The Guns N’ Roses frontman makes a cameo in a new World Cup commercial that, I’m guessing, is supposed to mimic what life is like for Rose.

There’s also a bunch of soccer dudes in the video, but who cares about fucking soccer anyways? I watch it and all I can think is “Pick up the ball! Throw it!”

Soccer. Whatever.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/axl-rose-hoists-budweiser-in-new-ad/

hey guys, are you sure that axl still wants to bury afd ? :lol: he gets most of his income from there.

Who said that he wants to bury AFD?

This was a good article:

Garbage.

The Guns N’ Roses frontman makes a cameo in a new World Cup commercial that, I’m guessing, is supposed to mimic what life is like for Rose.

There’s also a bunch of soccer dudes in the video, but who cares about fucking soccer anyways? I watch it and all I can think is “Pick up the ball! Throw it!”

Soccer. Whatever.

Soccer? what a hell is that?

If Axl has no integrity for this commercial then I would hate to see Slash's level of integrity at this point :lol:

Seriously? It's really not that bad. Axl isn't performing the awful "rendition" of the song, so I don't see the big deal. Celebrities make appearances in commercials all the time, and it is a commercial in Brazil where a lot more people praise and recognize him.

Just another mole-hill made into a mountain, it seems.

Agreed. Well said.

Ali

Axl does actually sing one line in the song as a background vocal.

I'm fairly certain that is not Axl.

It most certainly is - 1:52 into the video

Yeah, I know the part people are talking about, I just don't think it's Axl.

I'm not going to argue about it, but the ending part of the vocal doesn't sound like Axl to me. :shrugs:

To me it sounds like they got Axl to either sing it really quick or they used some of the live audio that they record each night and just pasted it in. I definitely think it was Axl, but I agree it's not worth disputing.

Guest Gunns

hey guys, are you sure that axl still wants to bury afd ? :lol: he gets most of his income from there.

This was a good article:

Garbage.

Soccer. Whatever.

its a game where 2 teams kick around a ball for 90 minutes, with the result usually ending in a draw or very low scores. In other words, a complete snooze fest.

Axl did. 25 years ago. I'm just lucky no one confronts me with what I was saying 25 years ago. From 1:30

• Like 1

This was a good article:

Garbage.

Soccer. Whatever.

its a game where 2 teams kick around a ball for 90 minutes, with the result usually ending in a draw or very low scores. In other words, a complete snooze fest.

low scores haha, you must be "american". That's the only place who plays soccer. The other "sports" involve fatasses with armor trying to play some sort of rugby but for fags, baseball, wrestling, bowling, those ones don't need introduction. They play the World Series but when they say World it's just them and some Mexicans.

The rest of the world, well.. it's a Football world, you know.. the snooze fest that really involve using the foot and the ball.

Axl did. 25 years ago. I'm just lucky no one confronts me with what I was saying 25 years ago. From 1:30

oh snap, maybe he did bury AFD. Just one copy of it, maybe 2.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

This was a good article:

Garbage.

Soccer. Whatever.

low scores haha, you must be "american". That's the only place who plays soccer. The other "sports" involve fatasses with armor trying to play some sort of rugby but for fags, baseball, wrestling, bowling, those ones don't need introduction. They play the World Series but when they say World it's just them and some Mexicans.

The rest of the world, well.. it's a Football world, you know.. the snooze fest that really involve using the foot and the ball.

Nope, I'm not American, but if I were to guess, you're from Brazil? not that peoples ethnicity should matter on a fucking forum

I dont really care about NFL either (American Football) which you proceeded to refer to it in other, more offensive terms. Lol no need to get offended or try and correct the term 'football' and 'soccer' either, both are correct and are often used interchangeably in many countries throughout the world.

This was a good article:

Garbage.

Soccer. Whatever.

Nope, I'm not American, but if I were to guess, you're from Brazil? not that peoples ethnicity should matter on a fucking forum

I dont really care about NFL either (American Football) which you proceeded to refer to it in other, more offensive terms. Lol no need to get offended or try and correct the term 'football' and 'soccer' either, both are correct and are often used interchangeably in many countries throughout the world.

Really? the Soccer word is being used in other countries? Never heard that. Don't worry im not offended, just fucking around.

On a serious note, what's wrong with Budweiser? I can drink any beer from any brand, it all takes fucking good when they are cold enough.

Guest Gunns

This was a good article:

Garbage.

Soccer. Whatever.

Really? the Soccer word is being used in other countries? Never heard that. Don't worry im not offended, just fucking around.

On a serious note, what's wrong with Budweiser? I can drink any beer from any brand, it all takes fucking good when they are cold enough.

It's 'drinkable' but certainly nothing great. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it

It's 'drinkable' but certainly nothing great. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it

Well.. here Bud is one of the cheapest, just behind Brahma and Scheinder. So, i don't say no to any of those.

here you got ppl bashing Bud and praising Nightrain, go figure.

It's a cool ad in general, but shitty PC, everyone agrees with that i think.

Haven't watched the commercial and probably won't bother with it.

Would like to say this though: Anyone claiming that they wouldn't be posting up a storm about "Media-Whore-Slash" if he were in this commercial instead of Axl is lying to themselves.

• Like 1

Would like to say this though: Anyone claiming that they wouldn't be posting up a storm about "Media-Whore-Slash" if he were in this commercial instead of Axl is lying to themselves.

It's a fucking commercial, i liked the VW one. I did not like the Chipress Hill with Fergie rap thing, and to me it's worse than the PC rap played by Eto, who is a footballer and has nothing to do with music.

Slash is a media whore but not for the commercials in my opinion.

Guest Gunns

I've seen this type of comment posted numerous times, I don't see the point of it really, people have preconceived opinions about slash and not axl, axl and not slash, or about artists selling out integrity/being a media whore/whatever.

You can't try and change peoples minds or rationalize with someone who has formed an opinion based upon their own perceptions and preconceived opinions. lets just enjoy it for what it is, Axl finally getting off his ass outside of touring, and doing something!

by the way, this is good promo for Appetite for Democracy, I have already seen a number of articles that are carrying this story, also mentioning the 'upcoming' release of the DVD.

Anyone claiming that they wouldn't be posting up a storm about "Media-Whore-Slash" if he were in this commercial instead of Axl is lying to themselves.

Are you saying that everyone here, me included, would bash Slash for appearing in an identical commercial? Haha :D