Axl is on Budweiser advertising

Guest Gunns

it's just a shitty commercial. people are acting like it's the worst atrocity ever committed to celluloid. :lol:

It's a shame that a lot of people are going to start buying such a shitty beer, ignorant young (Brazilian) kids will aspire to be like Axl by drinking such a shit American beer. That's the biggest atrocity in this commercial.

After that Brazilian sheman said Djs better than the old one, nothing would surprise me

give me a fucking break. :lol:

People should get over it, it's a shit ad, but I thought it was cool seeing him in it. How is it any different to Slash's VW ad or anything else? Nobody's ever cared about that.

You're missing the point, too? :lol:

There's nothing wrong with doing an ad, even if it includes a shit version of one of your hit songs. Slash has been called media whore, sell out for years, and Axl has been portrayed as the only one with integrity, the one who doesn't do anything for money. Well, there he is, selling himself out for a Budweiser ad, associating himself with a shit version of Paradise City. ZERO INTEGRITY. Should we care? Not really. But in the end, is a slap in the face of those who claimed Axl was one thing when he's definitely another.

I'm not missing the point at all. The realities of the music industry have changed since the early 90's dude. This is no worse than seeing ads for M.A.C. cosmetics or Monster energy at a GN'R show. I don't love any of these things, but I accept them as necessary.

Actually, you are.

I'm very much aware of how the music industry works and I have no issue with music artists doing ads for whatever they are offered. You don't love these things, I do. I like to see my favorite musicians everywhere I go. That's not the issue.

No, I'm not. Have any of us heard him comment on this sort of thing in recent years?

He's not out there pimping a product he doesn't use. It's a brand of beer that he actually drinks. Integrity doesn't come into it. :shrugs:

Did he really drinks that shit?

I hardly call Budweiser a beer

I think Axl can afford special import european beers (esp. belgian beers/ale's)

The country where i live is a poor central european country (and we don't really have good beers now) but if somebody drink Bud most people chuckle at him for drinking american beer :shrugs: You find waay more cheaaper beers that taste 100X times better than this bottle of piss

it's just a shitty commercial. people are acting like it's the worst atrocity ever committed to celluloid. :lol:

It's a shame that a lot of people are going to start buying such a shitty beer, ignorant young (Brazilian) kids will aspire to be like Axl by drinking such a shit American beer. That's the biggest atrocity in this commercial.

Well said my friend

Funny thing is that Lucky beer Axl drinks/has been seen drinking is the cheapest beer around.

"The cheapest stuff is all I need"

I liked the bit with Axl in it, shame about the rest of the ad and the music in particular.

I have no qualms drinking Bud, "Beerists" give me the shits.

Funny thing is that Lucky beer Axl drinks/has been seen drinking is the cheapest beer around.

I liked the bit with Axl in it, shame about the rest of the ad and the music in particular.

It's pretty hardly believe if we looked Axl's history with spending money etc.

If he really like cheap beers he should try this one (Price: less than a dollar)

Argus_Strong_cimke_e_sortesztek_blogspot

Guest Gunns

Some of us like to enjoy the piss we drink :lol:

• Like 1

People should get over it, it's a shit ad, but I thought it was cool seeing him in it. How is it any different to Slash's VW ad or anything else? Nobody's ever cared about that.

There's nothing wrong with doing an ad, even if it includes a shit version of one of your hit songs. Slash has been called media whore, sell out for years, and Axl has been portrayed as the only one with integrity, the one who doesn't do anything for money. Well, there he is, selling himself out for a Budweiser ad, associating himself with a shit version of Paradise City. ZERO INTEGRITY. Should we care? Not really. But in the end, is a slap in the face of those who claimed Axl was one thing when he's definitely another.

Exactly. There is absolutely no difference between Axl and any other aging 80s rock star still clinging to and coasting on his past glories, and still chasing cash like he needs it.

Very few musicians have the integrity and balls to walk away from the cash and cameras and live their lives like normal people, making music because they love it and not because the fame fills a hole in their soul or because they couldn't get laid without it.

No, the point is: Slash has been called many bad names for doing advertising or simply being into more commercial stuff than Axl. The Axl fanatics loooove to call Slash a sell out and media whore. Also, "$la$h" shows up a lot when they want to show how Mr. Hudson prostituted himself for money and shame and you know it. Now that Axl is doing the same thing, the fanatics are trying to do two things: Prove that Slash is an even bigger sell out or that Axl appearing for some seconds in a Bud ad is no big deal. Well, it is. He's in the ad, feautring a rap version of PC that must have had been approved by Axl/TB beforehand. That IS selling out. Doing a Vegas residency using the Apettite name to promote it IS selling out. Axl AND Slash are both money whores. That's the point. Axl fans will have to accept that him and the devil, the cancer, are essentially the same. Axl is in it for the money, not the music, not the art like the army of fanatics likes to believe.

So what, because the "fanatics" have assumed he was opposed to this stuff, when it turns out he's not, he's a sellout? That makes no sense.

I've argued Slash's case to those same people many times too (he's an astute businessman and there's nothing wrong with it), I'm not really sure what your point is?

This is beyond cheeseball but you guys forgot one thing - Axl is HUGE in Brazil!!!!!

Sigh this is all some douchy Budwiser Brazil Promo guy who kept up with how man people went to see GNR in Brazil this year and made the calculation. Sure he could've turned down the offer but he's not turning down much of anything these days. Play "Prostitute"? OKAY!"

No, the point is: Slash has been called many bad names for doing advertising or simply being into more commercial stuff than Axl. The Axl fanatics loooove to call Slash a sell out and media whore. Also, "$la$h" shows up a lot when they want to show how Mr. Hudson prostituted himself for money and shame and you know it. Now that Axl is doing the same thing, the fanatics are trying to do two things: Prove that Slash is an even bigger sell out or that Axl appearing for some seconds in a Bud ad is no big deal. Well, it is. He's in the ad, feautring a rap version of PC that must have had been approved by Axl/TB beforehand. That IS selling out. Doing a Vegas residency using the Apettite name to promote it IS selling out. Axl AND Slash are both money whores. That's the point. Axl fans will have to accept that him and the devil, the cancer, are essentially the same. Axl is in it for the money, not the music, not the art like the army of fanatics likes to believe.

So what, because the "fanatics" have assumed he was opposed to this stuff, when it turns out he's not, he's a sellout? That makes no sense.

I've argued Slash's case to those same people many times too (he's an astute businessman and there's nothing wrong with it), I'm not really sure what your point is?

I think it's cause for a looooong time, fans of real GNR have endured this silly myth from nufans that Axl's lack of productivity and promotion is somehow the result of him being a true artist who doesn't sell out, and that by implication others are sell outs. So it's just amusing to see Axl doing the corniest of Budweiser ads with a rap version of paradise city -- another thing that was aggressively mocked when the old one did it. So it's the hypocrisy amongst Axl's nuttiest fans that people are amused by. Not the commercial itself. It's just something to laugh about for the day. Sorry, man.

This is it.

Seems a lot of people have been waiting around for any chance they get to say Axl is a sell out lol!

I'm claiming right now if Axl doesn't give away his next album for free and just "do it for the music" he's a sell out! If he ever makes one dime again off of his music or image I swear to god Axl you lose all my respect and your a whore :)

I'm also very confused (maybe I hvnt been here long enoug) I see tons of posts saying this shuts up all the blind Axl defender team, but I don't see any of them only people talking about them? Where and what is the Axl defense team?

Edited by Estranged Coma
  • Like 1

Neither Axl nor Slash are the counter culture, anti-establishment artists any of us might have hoped they were at some point. The point is exactly that it's not a big deal. That's what some of you aren't getting. Neither of these guys is special. They're simply a couple of our favorite musicians who are guided by the same base desires as any other human being.

• Like 1

Neither Axl nor Slash are the counter culture, anti-establishment artists any of us might have hoped they were at some point. The point is exactly that it's not a big deal. That's what some of you aren't getting. Neither of these guys is special. They're simply a couple of our favorite musicians who are guided by the same base desires as any other human being.

I agree, but the day Axl records a song with Phineas and Ferb I'll record a webcam video of myself singing This I Love and post it here. :lol:

I think it's cause for a looooong time, fans of real GNR have endured this silly myth from nufans that Axl's lack of productivity and promotion is somehow the result of him being a true artist who doesn't sell out, and that by implication others are sell outs. So it's just amusing to see Axl doing the corniest of Budweiser ads with a rap version of paradise city -- another thing that was aggressively mocked when the old one did it. So it's the hypocrisy amongst Axl's nuttiest fans that people are amused by. Not the commercial itself. It's just something to laugh about for the day. Sorry, man.

This is it.

Who wrote that? That's pretty much spot on.

The issue is not Axl selling out and endorsing a brand, it's Axl lunatic fans living in a dream world where they insulted Slash for doing what Axl is doing in that ad.

I'm not missing the point at all. The realities of the music industry have changed since the early 90's dude. This is no worse than seeing ads for M.A.C. cosmetics or Monster energy at a GN'R show. I don't love any of these things, but I accept them as necessary.

Actually, you are.

I'm very much aware of how the music industry works and I have no issue with music artists doing ads for whatever they are offered. You don't love these things, I do. I like to see my favorite musicians everywhere I go. That's not the issue.

No, I'm not. Have any of us heard him comment on this sort of thing in recent years?

He's not out there pimping a product he doesn't use. It's a brand of beer that he actually drinks. Integrity doesn't come into it. :shrugs:

Did he really drinks that shit?

I hardly call Budweiser a beer

I think Axl can afford special import european beers (esp. belgian beers/ale's)

The country where i live is a poor central european country (and we don't really have good beers now) but if somebody drink Bud most people chuckle at him for drinking american beer :shrugs: You find waay more cheaaper beers that taste 100X times better than this bottle of piss

reality check:

GN'R wrote a song named after a notoriously cheap, fucking awful wino booze called Night Train. They were also regularly photographed kicking back the Champagne of Beers (which, if you know what I'm referring to, you'll know is worse and even cheaper than Budweiser) and so on and so forth.

TL;DR - is Budweiser shit beer? Yeah, of course it is. Is it on the same level as malt liquor or wino shit? Nah, and they used to drink that shit in their heyday. Budweiser strikes a balance between cheap and accepted -- you wouldn't go to a party anywhere (at least in North America) and scoff if someone had Budweiser. In fact, when i was in college the last few years, Budweiser was regularly one of the more expensive bottles available to purchase at bottle shops, simply because of the brand recognition.

If this was a fucking Natty Lite commercial or something I could maybe understand the scorn (and even then I'd be like, you know, who gives a shit?) but Budweiser is hardly the cultural pit you guys are making it out to be. It's simply affordable, cheap, acceptable beer.

I'm NOT saying I don't get Nosaj's point re: Axl being the one who didn't sell out over the years, but let's face facts: that was then and this is now, and now is 20 years later, and the guy has clearly shifted his priorities overall in the last decade or so. It's not surprising to me or something really worthy of scorn that he decided to do a fucking three second cameo for a Budweiser commercial in South America.

• Like 1

I agree, but the day Axl records a song with Phineas and Ferb I'll record a webcam video of myself singing This I Love and post it here. :lol:

I wanna see you do Scraped.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I almost always associate Budweiser and Axl with the World Cup. :P

I enjoyed it for the absurdity of it all. It's too ridiculous to get upset or excited over. Just laugh and move on.

• Like 1