Axl is on Budweiser advertising

Guest Gunns

People have read far more into this ad then anyone ever has for the book Atlas Shrugged.

Welcome to Mygnrforum. Enjoy your stay.

So Return of the Rasp, or nah?

Lol don't get how that's relevant to my comment or the thread but your asking the wrong person.

Please pm me if you want to discuss that further though, which no doubt you won't.

People have read far more into this ad then anyone ever has for the book Atlas Shrugged.

Welcome to Mygnrforum. Enjoy your stay.

So Return of the Rasp, or nah?

Lol don't get how that's relevant to my comment or the thread but your asking the wrong person.

Please pm me if you want to discuss that further though, which no doubt you won't.

Just busting your balls. I know about it.

Of course it's not relevant, but neither is half of the shit in this thread at this point. :awesomeface:

Haven't watched the commercial and probably won't bother with it.

Would like to say this though: Anyone claiming that they wouldn't be posting up a storm about "Media-Whore-Slash" if he were in this commercial instead of Axl is lying to themselves.

At least one mod gets it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

Haven't watched the commercial and probably won't bother with it.

Would like to say this though: Anyone claiming that they wouldn't be posting up a storm about "Media-Whore-Slash" if he were in this commercial instead of Axl is lying to themselves.

At least one mod gets it. :thumbsup:

I've heard this a hundred times in this thread about how everyone would be ripping Slash if this was reversed. So there's me that definitely would and still will if it happens again, who else?

On the topic of Slash's media whoring versus Axl's I must say Slash is still ahead. But who can blame him, the guy has to work a lot harder at selling his name. He's no longer Guns n roses. He's just Slash. I mean Slash still wears a top hat everywhere, he still has the long curly black hair, and wears sunglasses everywhere. He's constantly in costume trying to be recognized as Slash. In every tv spot he's in he has to say "Hi I'm slash" or be introduced. We know who he is but he has to be identified everywhere he's at.

Axl on the other hand is a little different in terms of seeking attention. He disappeared for a better part of his career (some would say in his prime.) he returns to the public as someone completely new. He has braids, a big jersey, a new voice and some would say a new face. He does one or two interviews then disappears for 4 more years. Returns with new hair, a more recognizable face, and new clothes and new voice. He does the VMA introduction thing a few interviews then disappears again. Releases an album in 08 and does absolutely no promoting. Goes on tour at the end of 09 with a new look. Then in 2011 he does his first tv interview in nearly 20 years. He's not very active on social media then in 2012 he does another tv interview. All these appearances and interviews are deemed extremely rare.

Here's what gets me. Axl does everything not to be recognized. While Slash does everything to remain recognizable.

In the recent commercial Axl appears with no name plate, he's not the singer, he's not the star. He's not wearing a guns n roses shirt. Who the hell would recognize that this is the lead singer of Guns N Roses!? It's just a cool little homage to the guy that helped write and sing the original. It's also a rare appearance by Axl.

The reason Slash is a media whore is because of how much self promotion he does compared to Axl. If it was Slash's commercial he would have been playing the guitar surrounded by fireworks and on top of a 50 ft platform.

But like I said Slash has to make himself recognizable. He's trying to promote himself under his own name. Axl is Guns N Roses. He identifies with the name, not with Axl.

It makes sense to me why Slash is a lot more active in wearing a costume to promote himself compared to the ever evolving Axl Rose. He just has to. And Axl doesn't have to or want to.

Point is don't compare Axl to a media whore, the guy has done little to give that impression. In The commercial he doesn't make it about him in any way.

Axl has done a lot more recently in terms of promotion. With the lifetime achievement award, and open letters but I think he's still a ways a way from being a media whore. Anything he does in public is still considered "rare"

• Like 3

Good for Axl....never saw the big deal with artists licensing their music for commercials.....with everyone stealing it in downloads artists need to find other ways to make money with their music.........milk that Guns cow while it can still give milk I say!....................... :lol:

On the topic of Slash's media whoring versus Axl's I must say Slash is still ahead. But who can blame him, the guy has to work a lot harder at selling his name. He's no longer Guns n roses. He's just Slash. I mean Slash still wears a top hat everywhere, he still has the long curly black hair, and wears sunglasses everywhere. He's constantly in costume trying to be recognized as Slash. In every tv spot he's in he has to say "Hi I'm slash" or be introduced. We know who he is but he has to be identified everywhere he's at.

Axl on the other hand is a little different in terms of seeking attention. He disappeared for a better part of his career (some would say in his prime.) he returns to the public as someone completely new. He has braids, a big jersey, a new voice and some would say a new face. He does one or two interviews then disappears for 4 more years. Returns with new hair, a more recognizable face, and new clothes and new voice. He does the VMA introduction thing a few interviews then disappears again. Releases an album in 08 and does absolutely no promoting. Goes on tour at the end of 09 with a new look. Then in 2011 he does his first tv interview in nearly 20 years. He's not very active on social media then in 2012 he does another tv interview. All these appearances and interviews are deemed extremely rare.

Here's what gets me. Axl does everything not to be recognized. While Slash does everything to remain recognizable.

In the recent commercial Axl appears with no name plate, he's not the singer, he's not the star. He's not wearing a guns n roses shirt. Who the hell would recognize that this is the lead singer of Guns N Roses!? It's just a cool little homage to the guy that helped write and sing the original. It's also a rare appearance by Axl.

The reason Slash is a media whore is because of how much self promotion he does compared to Axl. If it was Slash's commercial he would have been playing the guitar surrounded by fireworks and on top of a 50 ft platform.

But like I said Slash has to make himself recognizable. He's trying to promote himself under his own name. Axl is Guns N Roses. He identifies with the name, not with Axl.

It makes sense to me why Slash is a lot more active in wearing a costume to promote himself compared to the ever evolving Axl Rose. He just has to. And Axl doesn't have to or want to.

Point is don't compare Axl to a media whore, the guy has done little to give that impression. In The commercial he doesn't make it about him in any way.

Axl has done a lot more recently in terms of promotion. With the lifetime achievement award, and open letters but I think he's still a ways a way from being a media whore. Anything he does in public is still considered "rare"

Pretty good points.

Classic - you are also exactly right. Artists promote themselves and like to make money. They all do it. Good for them!

Basically,

If your favorite musician does a commercial or publicity you think it's them being a smart businessman and that they are awesome for sharing with you - then fan.

If a musician you hate does a commercial or publicity you think it's them being a media and attention whore who is only out for the money.

......says it all?

That thread was from 2011. 5 years AFTER the Slash commercial aired. Meaning people still felt the need to rehash the same old argument of Slash is a sellout, Slash is a media whore, blah, blah, blah. There were many many threads before that, and not surprisingly most were not as cordial. I remember people actually accusing Slash of being a Nazi sympathizer at some point, because of Hitler's ties with VW. It's not really fair to sugar coat the animosity between Slash fans and Axl fans on here. It exists, it has always existed. What's going on in this thread is nothing compared to some of the nonsense that has gone on before.

I think it's great. The more Axl does, the less ammunition his convoluted fans have against Slash. Keep going Axl. Maybe there's a duet planned with Katy Perry in the near future. :lol:

http://www.fuse.tv/2012/04/slash-alice-cooper-marilyn-manson-guilty-pop-pleasures

You got that right, it's only a matter of time.

That's too bad. Obviously she's on the "list", and Axl would never do a duet with her. How about Demi Lovato?

......says it all?

That thread was from 2011. 5 years AFTER the Slash commercial aired. Meaning people still felt the need to rehash the same old argument of Slash is a sellout, Slash is a media whore, blah, blah, blah. There were many many threads before that, and not surprisingly most were not as cordial. I remember people actually accusing Slash of being a Nazi sympathizer at some point, because of Hitler's ties with VW. It's not really fair to sugar coat the animosity between Slash fans and Axl fans on here. It exists, it has always existed. What's going on in this thread is nothing compared to some of the nonsense that has gone on before.

I think it's great. The more Axl does, the less ammunition his convoluted fans have against Slash. Keep going Axl. Maybe there's a duet planned with Katy Perry in the near future. :lol:

http://www.fuse.tv/2012/04/slash-alice-cooper-marilyn-manson-guilty-pop-pleasures

You got that right, it's only a matter of time.

That's too bad. Obviously she's on the "list", and Axl would never do a duet with her. How about Demi Lovato?

The double standard is pretty funny.

I don't really even like Slash. But end up defending him on here simply because of the crazy things that some posters constantly say about him.

If it was 1989 and Axl did a product endorsement, people would have been happy for him, in 1991 they would have called him a sellout asshole.

It's just amusing because it has Team Brazil written all over it. Does Axl even enjoy soccer?

lol Budweiser

Not a fan their beer myself but somehow I don't think Anheuser Busch cares what we think about their products considering they had 11 of the top 20 selling beers, and I use that word loosely in their case, in 2013................. :shrugs:

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/gallery/22721

Edited by classicrawker

Can't win for losing, Axl's rustling jimmies for being active and in a commerical ad. FFS.

IMHO it is mostly blow back to all the Slash haters who are always calling him a media whore so the reaction is not surprising.......... :shrugs:

Also didn't Axl make some snarky comments about Slash's publicity seeking at some point?

Edited by classicrawker