Things go from really bad to a lot worse in Iraq (and Syria)

Georgy Zhukov

The problem with Iraq is it is essentially an artificial country, cobbled together after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in 1918 for the British to administrate under the League of Nations mandates. It perhaps would be better, dismantled. By the way, the Shia v Sunni schism is very interesting - Gibbon describes the historical beginnings of Islam in great detail. It is, at its most basic level, essentially a conflict on who is the heir of Muhammad. Shiites believe Ali, Muhammad's son in law, is the true heir - and thus a line of Imans is established. Sunnis believe the authority of Muhammad passed down through the Caliphs who followed him, Abu-Bakr being the first Caliph.

Guest Len B'stard

Shi'ites consider themselves directly of that bloodline too. Quite frankly, i think they're all missing the fucking point a bit, the focus isn't supposed to be on the Prophet Muhammad, the focus is supposed to be on God, Islam was specifically designed and put together, in many different aspects, to avoid this sort of confusion where it ends up that people kinda condition themselves deify the human being, which it is explicitly outlined should not be the case and should not become the case.

The latest reports indicate that the Iraqi army has retaken control of most of what ISIS had previously seiged.

What?

The border towns and they're defending the oil fields. That's what I heard on the radio this morning, anyway.

http://www.albawaba.com/news/iraqi-army-nineveh-province-584804

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?eid=157287&frid=23&seccatid=24&cid=23&fromval=1

Edited by Kasanova King

Obama sending advisors for the Iraqi army now. didn't we do that the ten years we were there supposedly stabilizing Iraq? This is just crazy. It seems these people will never have a stable government and live in peace. Just a mess.

Again, just want to point out the 275 US soldiers is nothing compared to the 300,000 sent over 10 years ago. They are just there to protect the embassy, and other interests.

I think these people need to fight it out. Been trying to read up on the latest, been hearing about battles around oil refinery and air attacks, assuming they are from Iran.

Man, if this is bad, I hate to see what Afghanistan will turn into in the next year or two.

Again, just want to point out the 275 US soldiers is nothing compared to the 300,000 sent over 10 years ago. They are just there to protect the embassy, and other interests.

I think these people need to fight it out. Been trying to read up on the latest, been hearing about battles around oil refinery and air attacks, assuming they are from Iran.

Man, if this is bad, I hate to see what Afghanistan will turn into in the next year or two.

Ahh but we know how these things tend to start. US involvement in Vietnam began as a few hundred advisors and a Macdonalds, and ended up swelling to half a million men by the late 60s.

Yeah, and Vietnam was a disaster. So many lives lost there too and still the US didn't do the job it was supposed to do.

Honestly, most Arab nations don't want anyone in their country that's not of their faith. They feel it's a sin to be on their soil. Yet, it seems things go from bad to worse, when the US steps in and then leaves and the country is worse for it. I'm an American, but I feel that the US needs to stop getting involved in other countries' problems unless we have a very good solution that will help those people and it will stick after we leave. I'm just so amazed how so many have guns and bombs and are taking over cities that it took the US months and months to free.

What the hell is going on? I feel sorry for our men and women who have to fight in foreign countries because they feel it's the right thing to do but then politics gets in the way and nothing changes or it gets worse. It seems the whole Arab world is in crisis now. Let them solve it. What about Saudi Arabia? their leaders have millions of dollars and let their people suffer, so why not step in the help your other Arab nations?

I just know in the end, we the people of the world, will be paying high gas prices yet again.

It's just one big mess!. I hope the next President has the balls to do something that will actually help our country and other countries and gain back the respect and fear from the ones that hate the US.

Guest Len B'stard
Honestly, most Arab nations don't want anyone in their country that's not of their faith. They feel it's a sin to be on their soil.

As opposed to the rest of the world who enjoy foreign military occupation.

I feel sorry for our men and women who have to fight in foreign countries because they feel it's the right thing to do but then politics gets in the way and nothing changes or it gets worse.

What, you mean worse than being carpet-bombed to shit and having to carry the bodies of your children on bamboo stretchers with half their fuckin' bodies missing, you wanna think about the poor sods that get blown to fuckin' bits, you wanna think about all your 'collateral damage', you wanna think about entire nameless villages in Afghanistan that ain't on any maps, where people have no birth certificates, no passports, no town voter registering, point being they don't exist on paper to be factored into bullshit government statistics about people that have died, they just obliterated off the face off the planet.

I just know in the end, we the people of the world, will be paying high gas prices yet again.

And end of the day, thats what it's fuckin' about for you lot eh? I feel sick to share a planet with people like you, you really are the most ignorant sub-human soulless insubstantial reprehensible moron i have ever come across.
It seems the whole Arab world is in crisis now. Let them solve it.

Yeah, thats it, go on, fuck off now you've fuckin' blown it to shit, give em another 20 years to get somewhere near back on their feet so you can go have a pop at em again, all the while wondering why a new generation of kids that grew up in amongst all this shit gets radicalised, so maybe when your dead and buried your fuckin' grandchildren'll live to see the next terrorist monstrosity and like yourself they'll be going 'oh why are they doing this, why are they doing this, these people are evil' and spearheading their own fuckin' crusade like yous lot did, with not one single person stopping for one moment and going 'hang on, maybe we should stop blowing fuck out of these people for the sake of oil' and then givin' it all that about 'Gods on our side, God bless America', if there is a fucking God and morality means something beyond our commitments to it then people like you and all the Americans that think like you and all the fuckin' terrorist monsters and their supporters will be judged as being of the same cloth...with the people in the middle being the ones that have to take the heat for it.

I hope the next President has the balls to do something that will actually help our country and other countries and gain back the respect and fear from the ones that hate the US.

Yeah, yeah, they're the ones that are afraid right? :lol: They live with the reality of your monstrousness, they don't get one whisper off some internet site and suddenly start issuing fuckin' red and blue and pink and beige alerts and shit, you wanna talk about fear, fear is the reason why people like you act like they do, abject fuckin' fear, you think any one of them is fuckin' afraid of you? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Ahh but we know how these things tend to start. US involvement in Vietnam began as a few hundred advisors and a Macdonalds, and ended up swelling to half a million men by the late 60s.

And there is probably already a McDonalds in Iraq.

I joke with my Muslim friend about this. I asked if he is going over to fight for ISIS.

The whole thing's a sorry fucking mess and besides the innocent in general I feel bad for all the poor Christian Iraqis too, because these fuckers were allowed to live unmolested under Saddam's Baathist regime but are dead meat now.

Going into Iraq and overthrowing Saddam was a terrible "mistake"...now that the democracy these people never asked for has failed it seems like the West is happy to wash their hands of it and abandon the people that their actions have made vulnerable.

Can we not be pussies for once? Let's just colonize the place. Neo-colonialism is a fail. Time to get back to the real thing.

Only problem with that is that 99% of the rest of the world would have a meltdown. (Including Russia and China).

....although Putin did just annex Crimea.....so I guess he owes us one.

Edited by Kasanova King

The whole thing's a sorry fucking mess and besides the innocent in general I feel bad for all the poor Christian Iraqis too, because these fuckers were allowed to live unmolested under Saddam's Baathist regime but are dead meat now.

Going into Iraq and overthrowing Saddam was a terrible "mistake"...now that the democracy these people never asked for has failed it seems like the West is happy to wash their hands of it and abandon the people that their actions have made vulnerable.

What they should have done was let Saddam stay in power, but assassinate his sons because they were the real monsters. Saddam is no different than the Ayatollah or the monarchs of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain or even Assad. He also kept all those extemists in line, especially Al Qaeda. If any Al Qaeda member set foot in Iraq, that person would be dead. Saddam hated extremism. And now Iraq is full of them. Not only Sunni extremism but now Shiite. Neither is better than the other.

What they should have done was let Saddam stay in power, but assassinate his sons because they were the real monsters. Saddam is no different than the Ayatollah or the monarchs of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain or even Assad. He also kept all those extemists in line, especially Al Qaeda. If any Al Qaeda member set foot in Iraq, that person would be dead. Saddam hated extremism. And now Iraq is full of them. Not only Sunni extremism but now Shiite. Neither is better than the other.

I think you are correct sir.

Uday (in particular) and Qusay were psychos, no doubt.

Like with Saddam, removing Assad is going to have horrible results, I believe.

Like I said, I feel very, very sorry for the good and innocent people in both countries (regardless of faith)...unfortunately extremists are hell bent on killing or getting killed no matter what - our Western standards like political correctness or feminism (whatever) just don't apply to these people.

Its funny when you mention feminism. I've heard accounts from Marines that they've observed Iraqi civilians during their daily routines. The men would sit around and play cards but the women worked. They thought if the women were fighting instead of the men, they'd get their asses kicked.

Feminism just sounds rediculous to these people, especially the women. Sure there are some fucked up tribal laws, but they will fight against it. Just don't expect them to shed their clothes and walk around in bikini tops and short shorts. They like to save that for their husbands. Western women can learn from their modesty. The women do fight against oppression there. Just in their own way. I've heard Marines talk about how the women there work their asses off while the men sit around and do jack shit. They were glad they weren't fighting the women.

Can we not be pussies for once? Let's just colonize the place. Neo-colonialism is a fail. Time to get back to the real thing.

Only problem with that is that 99% of the rest of the world would have a meltdown. (Including Russia and China).

....although Putin did just annex Crimea.....so I guess he owes us one.

this shouldn't be a problem.

you just need to move 100 000 troops in a uniform without chevrons in there, topple al-Maliki, install a puppet government and hold a referendum.

97% will vote for colonization and direct rule in no time. or even ask you to take them as a 51st state