Things go from really bad to a lot worse in Iraq (and Syria)

Georgy Zhukov

I think people need to relax, the US will not put boots on the ground. The most they will do is launch fighters and provide close air support. I think there are still advisers over in Iraq training. I know they've been training pilots. But no, the US left when they should. And they will not go back.

Maybe some cruise missiles too. Hopefully Iran will pick up the slack when asked.

• Like 1

I think people need to relax, the US will not put boots on the ground. The most they will do is launch fighters and provide close air support. I think there are still advisers over in Iraq training. I know they've been training pilots. But no, the US left when they should. And they will not go back.

Maybe some cruise missiles too. Hopefully Iran will pick up the slack when asked.

Cruise missiles and airstrikes (most likely) within hours/days.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iraq-turmoil/u-s-aircraft-carrier-ordered-persian-gulf-wake-iraq-unrest-n131256

Airstrikes are the way. Most kills and without men on the ground you don't have people whinging about Murca taking over countries. Fact.

False.

Still a fucking waste of taxpayer money.

Don't get me wrong I think it is too. But these hooray for tolerance!s look sinister as fuck. The last thing you need in that region with Syria is more of these arseholes.

Airstrikes are the way. Most kills and without men on the ground you don't have people whinging about Murca taking over countries. Fact.

i think countries will still complain about america, it is the new pastime in some places of the world :lol:

• Like 1

shock and awe.... the sequel.

Better get them before the Kurds take all the credit.

Supposedly the Iraqis have been making progress. They've claimed they made a few gains. Supposedly the clerics are calling for a crusade. Not in those words of course.

They would watch the ISIS get bombed to oblivion while they sit back thinking "It sure is nice not being on the receiving end."

• Like 1

So we blindly bomb the hell out of combatants who are using 'gorilla warfare' tactics thereby reassuring the fact that we once again, don't know who the 'true enemy' is. Oh but wait! We killed some fucker that was one a worldwide MOST WANTED poster! Surely this means this is the end of everything. Nobody else will climb the ranks and become the next crazy bastard bent on conquering whatever that may be!

Yes that's it. The perfect plan. D-Day Pt. 2 will be here in no time! :rolleyes:

I skipped through the following link and its pretty brutal.

Its a propaganda video by ISIS, and from looking at it they are going around finding off duty soldiers, identifying them and executing them. I skipped through as its hard to watch.

http://ia801509.us.archive.org/18/items/al_saleel_4/SaleelSawarim.mp4

Only watch it if you have a strong stomach and have a interest in whats going on. Its fucked up.

I'm starting to think that Joe Biden's plan from 2006 might be the most feasible at this point. They should split the country into three parts and be governed in semi-autonomous zones. The Kurds would have the North-East, Sunnis would have the West, and Shiites can have Baghdad and the South. Keeping Iraq whole requires either a strong outside military presence (either the U.S. or Iran) or a strong/brutal governing figure (i.e. Saddam). Iraq, as it exists today, just doesn't want to be a country. So why fight it?

To some extent, yes. There is intermingling of different ethno and religious tribes. But the vast majority of Shiites live in the South, the vast majority of Sunnis live in the Centre-West, and almost all Kurds live in the North East. I wouldn't suggest that the plan would be without pain, but at this point, it has to be a better option than keeping together three groups that don't want much to do with each other.

Look at Yugoslavia. It only worked as a country with strong leadership and Soviet support. Take those two conditions away and all hell broke loose. Granted, the separation process wasn't without its problems, but one can only imagine the continual violence that would exist today had the country remained as one.

I'm starting to think that Joe Biden's plan....

That's where you lost me. :P

Yeah, he doesn't get much right, but I think in this case he had a point.

Iraq-federalism.jpg

There is some overlap, but for the most part, each religious and ethno group are generally well contained into one geographic area.

• Like 1

To some extent, yes. There is intermingling of different ethno and religious tribes. But the vast majority of Shiites live in the South, the vast majority of Sunnis live in the Centre-West, and almost all Kurds live in the North East. I wouldn't suggest that the plan would be without pain, but at this point, it has to be a better option than keeping together three groups that don't want much to do with each other.

Look at Yugoslavia. It only worked as a country with strong leadership and Soviet support. Take those two conditions away and all hell broke loose. Granted, the separation process wasn't without its problems, but one can only imagine the continual violence that would exist today had the country remained as one.

I'm starting to think that Joe Biden's plan....

That's where you lost me. :P

Yeah, he doesn't get much right, but I think in this case he had a point.

That Iraq is a country held together by force and not the will of its people has been obvious for centuries. Says a lot about our elected leaders that they're just now starting to think that maybe, just possibly that's the case.

• Like 1

seems that if someone not intervenes, they will shoot till they're out of ammo

My Iraqi friend ( an Assyrian, Christian) would always say to me that the Muslim motto is "if you're (the West) not going to kill us, fuck you! we will do it ourselves" :rofl-lol:

Heh. An Iranian friend of mine who worked for a German TV team and helped to cover various conflicts around the world laconically uttered when US invaded Iraq, "Thank God, for once I can work from home." Sure, Iranians and Iraqis are not the same people, but they do seem to share a similar bleak yet humours outlook on existence.

False.

Still a fucking waste of taxpayer money.

relax, You have the right guy in office right now if you want non involvement, that's for sure.

Any day now he will thump his chest, draw a line in the sand and dare the terrorists to cross it, then the media will bail him out by moving onto something else, next

President Obama to send over 200 troops to Iraq. Here we go again.

What confuses me is that when Sadum was in power none of this stuff happened there.

I want to know how these people get the guns and start to take over complete cities because they are a different race or faith or whatever? I'm still confused about the difference between people who are from the same country. Is it a religious thing, because everything seems to be related to Allah with these people.

I'm just sorry for the innocents caught in the crossfire.

The US troops were supposed to have taught the Iraqi troops how to protect their country, what happened?

I can't read Val's post without wanting to play with shiny things, but he or she did bring up the 275 troops. Obviously it is not 30,000 or 300,000. These guys will just assist the Iraqis (and Iranians).

Maybe there will be a movie. Iraqi, Iranian and American soldiers bonding and stuff. Think Generation Kill. Someone get the creators of The Wire on the phone.

Hey where is Amir? Did he join the Shitte militia?

I was listening to Republican news radio earlier today and they're going crazy over this.....they've even gotten to the point of playing George W. Bush soundbites and saying that he was right all along. It's disheartening seeing them turn this into something political.

Playing politics with people's lives. <_<

Edited by Kasanova King