Ashba: "We can really make it sound like the record"

Fortus a virtuoso.... Hahahahahaha! Righttttt....

I consider guys like Paco DeLucia, and Al Di Meola virtuosos too even though they don't do the more shreddy stuff.

:wacko: Huh?

IMO they were the creators of shred.

BTW, RIP Paco De Lucia :(

Frusciante is a transcendental extra-terrestrial if richard fortus is a virtuoso candidate. Good guitarist just doesn't seem that high a plateau.

Well Fortus is a lot better than Frusciante. I'm sick of arguing this though so whatever, man. Its not like Richard really does anything so who cares how good he is

Not, under any circumstances. think before stating such a thing. none of the current GNR guitarists even come close to the talent of Frusciante, a phenomenal songwriter and guitarist superb, it is clear if you evaluate all of his work with the RHCP. Comparison meaningless.

What's Ron doing at around 0:23 , kinda looks like he's signaling to DJ to tune his guitar lol

It's because a pro should be able to either compensate or give the string a quick tune.

Or... just stop as soon as you realize that it's not right, apologize, quick tune and go. It's happened to me.

Thank you DJ Ashba by take care of GNR's legacy.

We now believe even more. Definitely better than the crappy old one.

To be fair, judging by Ashba's playing (and I use that term very loosely), I doubt he even knew anything was wrong. A guitarist would have heard his guitar was out of tune the second he started, but you konw DJ doesn't even consider himself a guitarist...

Edited by JoePerry954

DJ Ashba making it sound like the record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsRy5FtWBM

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:
There are quadruple amputees that play guitar better than DJ.

Yeah, let's just throw a god awful full distortion solo full of off pitch bends in the middle of an acoustic song, then have a *shred* portion where we repeat the same pattern over and over sloppier than Steven Adler's crack blow jobs.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 1

I consider guys like Paco DeLucia, and Al Di Meola virtuosos too even though they don't do the more shreddy stuff.

Im talking about the "shred" style people associate with guitar virtuosos like Vai and Satch. The metaly stuff. Of course those guys can shred. And rip Paco

Frusciante is a transcendental extra-terrestrial if richard fortus is a virtuoso candidate. Good guitarist just doesn't seem that high a plateau.

Well Fortus is a lot better than Frusciante. I'm sick of arguing this though so whatever, man. Its not like Richard really does anything so who cares how good he is

Not, under any circumstances. think before stating such a thing. none of the current GNR guitarists even come close to the talent of Frusciante, a phenomenal songwriter and guitarist superb, it is clear if you evaluate all of his work with the RHCP. Comparison meaningless.

For fucks sake I am only talking about technical skill. Frusciante is a very gifted writer, that is a while 'nother thing

If you close your eyes, you can't even tell it's not the old one.

You are right, he is better than the old one!

Slash may not be able to sweep pick and all that other fancy bullshit, but his songs are unforgettable. I can't sweep and four finger tap and play with my tongue and whatever other shit, and I don't give a fuck either. But I have had pro guitarists say my songs were well written and that means so much more.

But in my opinion, Ihsahn is the best guitarist out there, but you'll never hear of him because his music is not mainstream.

Now link all the mistakes Gilby made when he was playing stadiums with the real GNR. :lol:

I kind of wonder....how long has it been since Gilby played that song regularly? 20 years? And he didn't play lead. DJ has messed up the same songs for five fucking years. The parts that are HIS JOB to play. I like DJ just fine in another capacity, say, Sixx AM. I don't like him fucking up classic Guns anthems. Five years! If you can't do it, put down your guitar and pick up a frickin' tambourine.

Now link all the mistakes Gilby made when he was playing stadiums with the real GNR. :lol:

I kind of wonder....how long has it been since Gilby played that song regularly? 20 years? And he didn't play lead. DJ has messed up the same songs for five fucking years. The parts that are HIS JOB to play. I like DJ just fine in another capacity, say, Sixx AM. I don't like him fucking up classic Guns anthems. Five years! If you can't do it, put down your guitar and pick up a frickin' tambourine.

Exactly what I was going to say, but couldn't be stuffed outlining how there's no comparison between Gilby's SCOM and DJ's effort. You nailed it though. No point debating with the Axl Rose Defence Force lol.

I think 5 years is enough. He should stick to Drop D generic Nu Metal riffs and leave legendary songs alone.

Im talking about the "shred" style people associate with guitar virtuosos like Vai and Satch. The metaly stuff. Of course those guys can shred. And rip Paco

For fucks sake I am only talking about technical skill. Frusciante is a very gifted writer, that is a while 'nother thing

If you close your eyes, you can't even tell it's not the old one.

You are right, he is better than the old one!

thats what i am talking about.

techjical skills...make no sense to compare frusciante to fortus.

even non musicians knows the superiority of john.