SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Ok I'll have a look. Someone posted the promo clip on here. This is Australia and we are ahead of America

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/slash-train-to-kick-off-nrl-grand-final-20140916-10ht0v.html

Alter Bridge is playing on the 4th, too (what would be the 5th there). I doubt it's a performance and if it is it's solo guitar. I think I heard Slash say some about him going down that way to promote the album.

Ok I'll have a look. Someone posted the promo clip on here. This is Australia and we are ahead of America

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/slash-train-to-kick-off-nrl-grand-final-20140916-10ht0v.html

Alter Bridge is playing on the 4th, too (what would be the 5th there). I doubt it's a performance and if it is it's solo guitar. I think I heard Slash say some about him going down that way to promote the album.
It would be great if he played with Angry Anderson or Andrew Stockdale

http://youtu.be/79EWyzArl_I

http://youtu.be/y5ipiVic0e0

I really wouldn't mind if they dropped pretty much all of AL from the setlist except Anastasia, keep Back to Cali and Starlight; and the few GnR songs that seem to be staples (SCOM, Rocket Queen, UCBM, PC), keep slither, maybe a snakepit song or two; but feature at least 10 songs from this album. Id go with the following 14: WoF, Shadow Life, Overdrive, Wicked Stone, 30 yrs, Bent to Fly, Stone Blind, Save Sun, Delilalah, Battleground, Dirty Girl, Iris, Avalon, and The Unholy would all sound great live.

So he plays about 20 songs live? Maybe 22 at most? You keep 5 GNR songs in the set (I'd say less, but you know, they are crowdpleasers). Nightrain, Sweet Child, Paradise City, YCBM, and one other rotating one (Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, You're Crazy, etc). So now there's 15 slots.

I would insist there has to be 2 Snakepit slots. Its personal, just because I love that material and I don't want to see it go away like I know it will, but 2 songs is nice representation. My dream would two slots, with each one rotating songs from both albums. You get Mean Bone AND Beggars And Hangers On. Been There Lately AND Neither Can I. Won't ever happen, and I feel those songs are getting dropped permanently, but I do feel he should keep 1 rotating slot for Snakepit songs. 14 open slots.

1 or 2 Velvet Revolver tracks. Slither will obviously stay, and then maybe a slot that rotates Sucker Train Blues, Fall To Pieces, Let It Roll. Or bust out a new one like You Got No Right which would be awesome. 12 open slots

Now to solo material. From AL, I would keep at least 4 songs. You're A Lie will obviously stay, as will Anastasia. Have 2 rotating slots for other songs from that album. Halo, Hard & Fast, Shots Fired, Not For Me. I really don't want all those songs to be dropped so keep at least one rotating slot with the standbys and you have 9 open slots.

7 from the new album, which obviously rotate, and 2 from the self titled album. Back From Cali, and another rotating with By The Sword, Doctor Alibi, Starlight (fuck, I guess that one has to be an every nighter).

He's got too much material basically, and knowing GNR material won't be dropped, while pushing a great new record, I just hope the great past material doesn't get completely ignored.

• Like 1

So he plays about 20 songs live? Maybe 22 at most? You keep 5 GNR songs in the set (I'd say less, but you know, they are crowdpleasers). Nightrain, Sweet Child, Paradise City, YCBM, and one other rotating one (Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, You're Crazy, etc). So now there's 15 slots.

I would insist there has to be 2 Snakepit slots. Its personal, just because I love that material and I don't want to see it go away like I know it will, but 2 songs is nice representation. My dream would two slots, with each one rotating songs from both albums. You get Mean Bone AND Beggars And Hangers On. Been There Lately AND Neither Can I. Won't ever happen, and I feel those songs are getting dropped permanently, but I do feel he should keep 1 rotating slot for Snakepit songs. 14 open slots.

1 or 2 Velvet Revolver tracks. Slither will obviously stay, and then maybe a slot that rotates Sucker Train Blues, Fall To Pieces, Let It Roll. Or bust out a new one like You Got No Right which would be awesome. 12 open slots

Now to solo material. From AL, I would keep at least 4 songs. You're A Lie will obviously stay, as will Anastasia. Have 2 rotating slots for other songs from that album. Halo, Hard & Fast, Shots Fired, Not For Me. I really don't want all those songs to be dropped so keep at least one rotating slot with the standbys and you have 9 open slots.

7 from the new album, which obviously rotate, and 2 from the self titled album. Back From Cali, and another rotating with By The Sword, Doctor Alibi, Starlight (fuck, I guess that one has to be an every nighter).

He's got too much material basically, and knowing GNR material won't be dropped, while pushing a great new record, I just hope the great past material doesn't get completely ignored.

He's got to seriously consider playing some 3 hour shows -- that would be a sick show

• Like 1

20 mins Rocket Queen

Holy FUCK Batman,, We have a new record!

This song fucking stays..... Rotate the Todd songs if you want. I love Todd's backups and harmonies but his renditions of the GnR songs, Dr Alibi and We're all gonna die do nothing for me...

Playing 20 plus songs I say keep the 6 or even 7 Gn'R songs.... The crowd fucking eats it up and there are alot of people that go there to see that stuff. I am one of them. I love hearing those songs live and I am not going to see Axl's band do them.

Drop all the stuff off the first Slash Record except Back From Cali. Maybe play Ghost or Nothing To Say once in awhile

Drop all the Snakepit stuff at this point. Maybe a song here or there for the diehards but they sure aren't crowd pleasers.

Off AL I would only play Standing In The Sun, Anastasia and Not For Me, No More Heroes...

Keep Slither and play Fall To Pieces or Dirty Little Thing once in awhile

Then play like 6 songs off WOF....

Too bad Izzy doesn't tour with these guys.. How fun would that be? The chemistry with him and Slash is unmatched.. Plus there are songs he could sing.

He could also sing the YCBM backup vocals correctly at the end..

His setlist should be:

1- Halo (Ghost/Shots Fired)

2- Nightrain

3- Been There Lately (Neither Can I/Mean Bone/ Beggars and Hangers On)

4- Stone Blind (Shadow Life/Whitered Delilah)

5- Wicked Stone (Too Far Gone/The Unholy)

6- Back From Cali (Starlight/By The Sword)

7- Dr. Alibi (You're Crazy/Jungle)

8- Whitered Delilah (World on Fire/Avalon)

9- Battleground (Bent To Fly/Not For Me)

10- You Could Be Mine

11- Rocket Queen (My Michelle/Civil War)

12- Iris of the Storm (Standing in the Sun)

13- Anastasia

14- Sucker Train Blues (Let it Roll)

15- Sweet Child

16- Beneath the Savage Sun (The Dissident/Serial Killer)

17- 30 Years To Life (Automatic Overdrive/Dirty Girl)

18- Slither

19- By The Sword (Fall to Pieces)

20- Paradise City

Edited by blablabla123
  • Like 1

20 songs, this would work for me

World On Fire

Dirty Little Thing/Suckertrain Blues

Nightrain

Stone Blind/Wicked Stone/30 Years To Life

Standing In The Sun

No More Heros

Back From Cali

You Could Be Mine/Out Ta Get me/Mr. Brownstone/Civil War

Bent To Fly

Not For Me

Anastatsia

Beneath The Savage Sun

Knockin On Heavens Door/Rocket Queen (extended jam on either)

Too Far Gone

Fall To Pieces/Patience/Beggars and Hangers

Battleground

Safari Inn (extended Jam)

Sweet Child O Mine

Slither

Paradise City

Edited by Tom-Ass

It sucks because you know that 20 mins out of the 2 hr show is a solo during rocket queen.

I love seeing him solo but 20 minutes could mean 4 songs.

That is the highlight of the show for me

It was the highlight for me too, but since he played it differently on this tour I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest

It was pretty fucking bad ass when I saw it

Just saw Gibbos 20 min video and you're right. It's fucking amazing

hahaha... The only one that sucked for me was a couple of years ago at Hampton Beach. I was hyping it up to everyone that went with me and like a minute into the jam, he broke a string. He just walked over to the side of the stage, grabbed a new guitar and his slide, skipped the whole jam and went right into the end part of the song :/