SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Better picture and sound quality.

Awesome outro! :headbang:

I cant wait till the next bluray :headbang:

One of Slash's best songs ever.. rock4

I like this live version more.. quality is better also.. towards the end all 4 guitars are going :D

Edited by star

I like this live version more.. quality is better also.. towards the end all 4 guitars are going :D

Jesus christ, I think I have peed my pants. Slash's playing on that is, better than any playing that he did in GN'R - it is technically on a different level.

Jesus christ, I think I have peed my pants. Slash's playing on that is, better than any playing that he did in GN'R - it is technically on a different level.

I agree with that. While I'm not particularly fond of Slash's recent studio output, I think his playing since he stopped drinking and drugging is as sharp, tight, and on point as its ever been. I think leading up to the Illusions, drugs were a catalyst for him creatively, but I think they've hampered his live playing for years. Since AL, I guess he's better than ever- in a live and technical sense.

• Like 2

I agree with that. While I'm not particularly fond of Slash's recent studio output, I think his playing since he stopped drinking and drugging is as sharp, tight, and on point as its ever been. I think leading up to the Illusions, drugs were a catalyst for him creatively, but I think they've hampered his live playing for years. Since AL, I guess he's better than ever- in a live and technical sense.

I think I briefly stated this a few pages back, but Slash has on occasion said that he was so high/drunk in many GNR shows that his playing really suffered for it. + the fact that he's had 15ish soberish years to sharpen up hasn't hurt either.

Totally. live he's a beast, but in the studio, I don't think he's very inspired, and doesn't seem to have the drive to do something special that will not be artistically disposable. With all that potential...it's frustrating as a Slash fan. I liked Watch This, but he just made a lazy move imo and released it in an incomplete state. Can't find a singer? oh, fuck it! let's just release it with no vocals! Too bad. It could have been a great song. It's still cool though.

His standards are too low in the studio. Live, I have no complaints. Liked his Mother Maria solo too. It's really good. Even his solos are getting more and more generic.

Still excited about his new album. Always excited to hear new Slash material, but where is his passion in the studio? what I've heard is not bad, don't get me wrong, but this is Slash, I expect more, but maybe that's the problem: by now I should know better. Expect killer live performances, and mostly weak shit when it comes to studio material with 3 or 4 really good tunes. Oh well. Still nothing like Slash's guitar playing.

Edited by Rovim

Totally. live he's a beast, but in the studio, I don't think he's very inspired, and doesn't seem to have the drive to do something special that will not be artistically disposable. With all that potential...it's frustrating as a Slash fan. I liked Watch This, but he just made a lazy move imo and released it in an incomplete state. Can't find a singer? oh, fuck it! let's just release it with no vocals! Too bad. It could have been a great song. It's still cool though.

His standards are too low in the studio. Live, I have no complaints. Liked his Mother Maria solo too. It's really good. Even his solos are getting more and more generic.

Still excited about his new album. Always excited to hear new Slash material, but where is his passion in the studio? what I've heard is not bad, don't get me wrong, but this is Slash, I expect more, but maybe that's the problem: by now I should know better. Expect killer live performances, and mostly weak shit when it comes to studio material with 3 or 4 really good tunes. Oh well. Still nothing like Slash's guitar playing.

totally agree mate

Well tonight ended up being surprisingly excellent! Last weekend I got an email from my local radio station about $35 tickets on ticketmaster for the Aerosmith/Slash Newark show. I saw the first show of this tour, and I knew all along they were coming so close here that this was the easier show. But the first show was within traveling distance and on my birthday so I got it as a present. Knew I wouldn't go to Newark unless it was really cheap.

Get the email about $35 tickets and figure thats good enough to jump on, since the seats were surprisingly in the lower level. Ended up being $48 with fees, which was more than I needed to pay, but I knew the friend I was going with could get us free parking, and he'd drive, so the night was absolutely nothing more than $48 which I could live with.

A friend and I went to the show and had a great time. Slash was great as an opener to see in an arena and he threw in some surprises like Halo and Brownstone into the set, in place of Ghost and By The Sword, which were definitely alright by me. I will say that Myles still doesn't have the abilities to front an arena type show. He sounds excellent, but his lack of frontmanning suffers when they are on a bigger stage. Also, it sucks that both times I've seen them open, it is exactly on time and no one is in the venue (tonight there was a line out the door at 7:20 when I got there, so no one was in when he started). My friend and I just barely made it in hearing You're A Lie starting down the hall.

Then to top it all off Slash guested with Aerosmith (for only the second time on this tour I believe) with Mama Kin which was just awesome to experience. It KILLED me he didn't do it the last time I saw them (I figured that was a given this tour that he'd guest every night) so this was definitely vindication. Aerosmith was NOT a band I had to see again, but this was a nice cherry on top of what was already a very good show by them. They do continue to amaze me with a really great arena show. In the end, a great time was had by all and a very cheap and fun night that I didn't think was happening last week.

I believe this was Slash's opening set (didn't write it down like I usually do, figuring someone else would, but its not posted yet):

1. You're A Lie

2. Nightrain

3. Back From Cali

4. You Could Be Mine (even better than the last time I saw it. Myles was more prepared and they nailed it. Can't say my friend didn't say "WTF, no scream at the end?!" and I had flashbacks to this board)

5. Halo

6. World On Fire

7. Anastasia

8. Mr. Brownstone

9. Sweet Child O' Mine

10. Slither

11. Paradise City

Its possible Halo was before Back From Cali, but I think the set above is correct.

• Like 1

Slash will be at RBC Bluesfest in Ottawa. Thanks to Jim for sending this to me :headbang:

RBC Bluesfest organizers today announced the addition of two more incredible acts in an ever-burgeoning line-up. Slash been confirmed to appear on-stage with his touring act The Conspiracy featuring Myles Kennedy as lead vocalist. Kennedy is known for his ability as both a guitarist and a vocalist, possessing a tenor vocal range that spans four octaves.

As one of the music industry’s most enduring guitar icons, Slash’s performance at the festival will show why he is listed along with the top guitarists in the world, regardless of genre. Acclaimed guitarist Steven “Luke” Lukather, best known for his work with the rock band Toto, called Slash the “Keith Richards of our generation.” His undeniable talent will demonstrate why he was considered the driving instrumental force behind the uber-popular rock band Guns N’ Roses.

Another great addition to the line-up is indie rock outfit Said the Whale, who took home the prize for New Group of the Year at the 2011 Juno Awards. Currently on tour with Tokyo Police Club, they will also be making a stop at this year’s RBC Bluesfest.

For more details on this and other RBC Bluesfest updates, including ticket info and performance grid with stages and set times, go to: www.ottawabluesfest.ca.

I think I briefly stated this a few pages back, but Slash has on occasion said that he was so high/drunk in many GNR shows that his playing really suffered for it. + the fact that he's had 15ish soberish years to sharpen up hasn't hurt either.

It's made a huge difference, I remember watching him with VR, and he was starting to play great but not quite there yet, and some nights he'd still be obliterated.

But on the Libertad tour it was different, he was hitting everything night after night. He got sober between those two tours and has been killing it in concert ever since. I think VR's structure was a bit restrictive to his playing anyway, so when he got to do his own thing it was a chance for him to play what he always wanted with nobody to answer to, and the freedom + his newfound dexterity/accuracy has allowed him to cut loose in a way we haven't seen before in concert.

• Like 1

Slash will be at RBC Bluesfest in Ottawa. Thanks to Jim for sending this to me :headbang:

RBC Bluesfest organizers today announced the addition of two more incredible acts in an ever-burgeoning line-up. Slash been confirmed to appear on-stage with his touring act The Conspiracy featuring Myles Kennedy as lead vocalist. Kennedy is known for his ability as both a guitarist and a vocalist, possessing a tenor vocal range that spans four octaves.

As one of the music industry’s most enduring guitar icons, Slash’s performance at the festival will show why he is listed along with the top guitarists in the world, regardless of genre. Acclaimed guitarist Steven “Luke” Lukather, best known for his work with the rock band Toto, called Slash the “Keith Richards of our generation.” His undeniable talent will demonstrate why he was considered the driving instrumental force behind the uber-popular rock band Guns N’ Roses.

Another great addition to the line-up is indie rock outfit Said the Whale, who took home the prize for New Group of the Year at the 2011 Juno Awards. Currently on tour with Tokyo Police Club, they will also be making a stop at this year’s RBC Bluesfest.

For more details on this and other RBC Bluesfest updates, including ticket info and performance grid with stages and set times, go to: www.ottawabluesfest.ca.

what ? Slash played already there in July, old news I guess! ;)

Well tonight ended up being surprisingly excellent! Last weekend I got an email from my local radio station about $35 tickets on ticketmaster for the Aerosmith/Slash Newark show. I saw the first show of this tour, and I knew all along they were coming so close here that this was the easier show. But the first show was within traveling distance and on my birthday so I got it as a present. Knew I wouldn't go to Newark unless it was really cheap.

Get the email about $35 tickets and figure thats good enough to jump on, since the seats were surprisingly in the lower level. Ended up being $48 with fees, which was more than I needed to pay, but I knew the friend I was going with could get us free parking, and he'd drive, so the night was absolutely nothing more than $48 which I could live with.

A friend and I went to the show and had a great time. Slash was great as an opener to see in an arena and he threw in some surprises like Halo and Brownstone into the set, in place of Ghost and By The Sword, which were definitely alright by me. I will say that Myles still doesn't have the abilities to front an arena type show. He sounds excellent, but his lack of frontmanning suffers when they are on a bigger stage. Also, it sucks that both times I've seen them open, it is exactly on time and no one is in the venue (tonight there was a line out the door at 7:20 when I got there, so no one was in when he started). My friend and I just barely made it in hearing You're A Lie starting down the hall.

Then to top it all off Slash guested with Aerosmith (for only the second time on this tour I believe) with Mama Kin which was just awesome to experience. It KILLED me he didn't do it the last time I saw them (I figured that was a given this tour that he'd guest every night) so this was definitely vindication. Aerosmith was NOT a band I had to see again, but this was a nice cherry on top of what was already a very good show by them. They do continue to amaze me with a really great arena show. In the end, a great time was had by all and a very cheap and fun night that I didn't think was happening last week.

I believe this was Slash's opening set (didn't write it down like I usually do, figuring someone else would, but its not posted yet):

1. You're A Lie

2. Nightrain

3. Back From Cali

4. You Could Be Mine (even better than the last time I saw it. Myles was more prepared and they nailed it. Can't say my friend didn't say "WTF, no scream at the end?!" and I had flashbacks to this board)

5. Halo

6. World On Fire

7. Anastasia

8. Mr. Brownstone

9. Sweet Child O' Mine

10. Slither

11. Paradise City

Its possible Halo was before Back From Cali, but I think the set above is correct.

setlist.jpg

;)

So it's the night before, I can't wait!!! Already got a nice surprise, signed World On Fire lith.

Might be a stupid question, but how was Slash able to use iconic characters such as Bart Simpson and Mayor McCheese? I would guess he'd have to ask permission from Matt Groening and Burger King, if so I'm kinda surprised they agreed to let those characters be depicted the way they are. :lol:

All right, finally got a result of how one of these shows has been doing. Not bad. If this was a result in Atlanta, I'm sure the results are even better in areas like LA, Vegas, Newark.

24. Aerosmith, Slash Philips Arena Atlanta, Ga. Aug. 28, 2014 $919,369 11,291 / 11,584 1 / 0 $149, $49 Live Nation

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

All right, finally got a result of how one of these shows has been doing. Not bad. If this was a result in Atlanta, I'm sure the results are even better in areas like LA, Vegas, Newark.

24. Aerosmith, Slash Philips Arena Atlanta, Ga. Aug. 28, 2014 $919,369 11,291 / 11,584 1 / 0 $149, $49 Live Nation

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

Or, 3rd among Rock Concerts - the 1st 20 something shows are beyonce jayz (1-16, 19), one direction (17) , and britney spears (18)

I know nothing about tonight's opener, Charm City Devils. Are they worth getting there early?

Charm-City-Devils.jpg

In all honesty, as much I would like to support and back-up any opening band that I don't know, uhhhh, not really. Basing it on the moment I got to my seat at the Pechanga show, five min. into their set, I mean they are plausible and all, but nothing to really to get to the doors extremely early to watch them when they start.

Edited by Anguyen92