Worst GNR Lyric

Underhardy

I'm sarry for youuuuuuu....not sarry for meeeeee. Yeah most of Chinese Democracy is atrociously bad.

Now. I would all like to hear your own lyrics please.

There's always a few butthurt folks out there. If this logic would make sense football coaches would be the best players in the world.

• Like 1

I'm sarry for youuuuuuu....not sarry for meeeeee. Yeah most of Chinese Democracy is atrociously bad.

Now. I would all like to hear your own lyrics please.

There's always a few butthurt folks out there. If this logic would make sense football coaches would be the best players in the world.

tyu.gif

There is a special light

Still shining bright

And even on the darkest night

She can't deny

So if she's somewhere near me

I hope to God she hears me

There's no one else

Could ever make me feel

I'm so alive

I hoped she'd never leave me

Please God you must believe me

I've searched the universe

And found myself

Within' her eye

So low from Axl not to credit the 10 years old girl that took 5 minutes to write these lyrics. Shame on you Axel.

How original to bash TIL lyrics. Totally unexpected.

There is a special light

Still shining bright

She can't deny

There's no one else

Could ever make me feel

I'm so alive

And found myself

Within' her eye

So low from Axl not to credit the 10 years old girl that took 5 minutes to write these lyrics. Shame on you Axel.

Was I supposed to bash songs with good lyrics? Why does TIL gets a free pass? Because everyone knows it sucks? I'm a little confused here.

There is a special light

Still shining bright

She can't deny

There's no one else

Could ever make me feel

I'm so alive

And found myself

Within' her eye

Was I supposed to bash songs with good lyrics? Why does TIL gets a free pass? Because everyone knows it sucks? I'm a little confused here.

No, but I find it pretty pointless to quote dozens of lines of a song that's already unanimously bashed, lyrically-wise, on this very forum. I fail to see how this contributes to anything, and it's getting boring pretty fast. Plus, I agree that the lyrics are indeed cheesy, not giving a "free pass" or whatever.

Appetite's lyrics are spot on. They are perfect for their time and era. Apart from ''reelin like a spacebrain''.

respectfully disagree as much as a person can. I'll grant WTTJ, Brownstone, SCOM, paradise city, and the end of Rocket Queen as damn near brilliant. The rest however are just cringe inducing. In fairness you may be correct that in it's era "my way your way anything goes tonight" would pass, but it doesn't age well, certainly with the notion that GNR was never a hair band.

AFD was more about attitude than lyricism. If you were to read the lyrics of appetite on a sheet of paper without context, they're ridiculous.

• Like 1

Appetite's lyrics are spot on. They are perfect for their time and era. Apart from ''reelin like a spacebrain''.

respectfully disagree as much as a person can. I'll grant WTTJ, Brownstone, SCOM, paradise city, and the end of Rocket Queen as damn near brilliant. The rest however are just cringe inducing. In fairness you may be correct that in it's era "my way your way anything goes tonight" would pass, but it doesn't age well, certainly with the notion that GNR was never a hair band.

AFD was more about attitude than lyricism. If you were to read the lyrics of appetite on a sheet of paper without context, they're ridiculous.

I see nothing wrong with songs like It's So Easy and Nightrain which are, sort of elemental, in their rock n' roll hedonism. They simply state, ''I drink and drive everything in sight''. For a bunch of twentysomethings in a rock n' roll band on the Strip, they were good lyrics. They are not politically weighty or emotional deep, but this is the lyrical content the music required, surely? Of course, when you reach your thirties they seem a bit stupid but they are good within their context. Understand the context here. Paul Stanley was writing, ''let's put the x in sex. Your love is like a muscle and you make me wanna flex''. Crue, Poison et al. were producing other abominations.