Bumble Interview: 'I Am Grateful For All The Experiences I had with Gn'R"

I think if there's a tour Ron will be there. Just think they have different ways of saying they don't know what will happen.

Of course he will. He needs the $$$. Talk about the ultimate paycheck player. And people on this board call slash a sellout. Look at this fucker making 6 figures playing someone else's shit. Talk about a fucking loser.

What about dignity.

If he had any he would have quit years ago. I know I would have.

I think if there's a tour Ron will be there. Just think they have different ways of saying they don't know what will happen.

Of course he will. He needs the $$$. Talk about the ultimate paycheck player. And people on this board call slash a sellout. Look at this fucker making 6 figures playing someone else's shit. Talk about a fucking loser.

What about dignity.

But he can just put out his solo albums and still get paid for his touring with Guns. Maybe not as free as a solo artist, but he can kinda find that balance between the two.

What about dignity.

But he can just put out his solo albums and still get paid for his touring with Guns. Maybe not as free as a solo artist, but he can kinda find that balance between the two.

True, but I saw a thread where he does a solo show and 9 of the 10 songs he played are GnR songs. And 8 were from afd. Really?

I saw that and lost whatever little respect I had for the guy. Talk about riding someone else's coattails.

Edited by jmapelian

What about dignity.

True, but I saw a thread where he does a solo show and 9 of the 10 songs he played are GnR songs. And 8 were from afd. Really?

I saw that and lost whatever little respect I had for the guy. Talk about riding someone else's coattails.

What about integrity.

What about dignity.

What about integrity.

What about it, he's an entertainer who plays what people want to hear. He's in GNR, most people who come to see him want to hear GNR songs, and most people who want to hear GNR want to hear AFD. Stop being so precious, who gives a shit.

• Like 1

What about dignity.

What about integrity.

What about it, he's an entertainer who plays what people want to hear. He's in GNR, most people who come to see him want to hear GNR songs, and most people who want to hear GNR want to hear AFD. Stop being so precious, who gives a shit.

I was being sarcastic. I don't think Bumble is doing anything wrong. I think he's a class act actually.

What about dignity.

What about integrity.

Lmao. Who claims to be a solo artist and plays someone else's music? So he's a nice guy without a shred of integrity or dignity that plays a fret less guitar.

What about dignity.

What about integrity.

Lmao. Who claims to be a solo artist and plays someone else's music? So he's a nice guy without a shred of integrity or dignity that plays a fret less guitar.

What about fretless integrity? he doesn't claim. Being a musician is a job just like any other job. Gotta get paid, and he still releases music on a regular basis. He works hard as shit and still finds the time to donate money, doing free shows, doing clinics, even going as far as releasing songs one by one just so he can give something to his fans.

You couldn't ask for more then that. He bitches and moans a lot, but other then that I think other musicians could learn a thing or two from Bumble. And he was always a Guns fan.

Edited by Rovim

This guy needs to say whether he's actually not intending to return regardless of potential wages and recording opportunities or stop pissing around with the cryptic clues and word games. I think losing Bumblefoot is a grotesquely retarded event for whatever 'vision' Axl still sometimes considers but he's had 6 years and every chance to do something more productive than an already decade old record he's being playing and dusting off more classics, as great as some shows have been, that is not a real band.

But GNR has the same amount of hours of studio recorded material as GNR?

Zepp put out albums which were 7 tracks long.

1 UYI equals Physical Graphiti?

Maybe GNR are one record behind. But they could easily put out a Early Days n Latter Days type double cd.

The have a great Best of record to put out.

GNR sold 100 mil records by 1994 or something.

AFDLies - 2 vinyls records

UYI = 2 Vinyl records

UYI 2 = 2 vinyl records

CD = 2 vinyl records

8 records is enough and it comes down to the GH anyway.

I thought we were discussing New gnr, lazy pie eating, one album per twenty years, Axl here - not the old band (you were discussing Zeppelin in relation to the different work rates of Bumblefoot, and Axl).

I'm betting Ron is still in the band. But, the days of keeping employees on retainer are long gone, because Axl isn't getting money from his label anymore. Axl now has to pay his employees out of his own pocket.

As soon as beta and her kids need more money, they'll trot out Axl for another embarrassing, legacy-killing hits tour, maybe a few Russian weddings, maybe a bar mitzvah. And you can bet that Ron will be there, faithfully playing Slash's music for a paycheck which dwarfs everything that Ron could earn in a lifetime of playing his own garbage.

Yeah, Ron is so full of integrity lol

Edited by niceguy

What about dignity.

What about integrity.

What about fretless integrity? he doesn't claim. Being a musician is a job just like any other job. Gotta get paid, and he still releases music on a regular basis. He works hard as shit and still finds the time to donate money, doing free shows, doing clinics, even going as far as releasing songs one by one just so he can give something to his fans.

You couldn't ask for more then that. He bitches and moans a lot, but other then that I think other musicians could learn a thing or two from Bumble. And he was always a Guns fan.

He made a living before guns. Or he could get a day job. I know plenty of musicians that do both. A buddy of mine has been on tour playing drums for lita Ford playing to thousands of people rather than the open mic nights for a few dudes.

^^^

But an album has it's own vibe to it. It's own concept. It's not just about the amount of recorded hours. You don't get to experience the evolution of the band's music as much with Guns cause they don't have many albums released.

Neither do the The Doors or Faith No More?

Depends how you look at CD. Is it just Axls last stand, mourning the demise of the band with his statements of defiance. Like his right to have the final say under the GNR name.

Or does it slot in to about the year 2000. With this lag which he alluded to. The possibly have a more 2005 record.

I'm not sure if GNR evolve, it's more about different eras. And not compromising certain aspects, it's still GNR. That's GNRs job to exist in that space where it's always a big record. I see similarities to MJ records. Each one is a reinvention.

Axl is the Bowie of hair metal.

Until Axl releases another record CD is really just his kiss of to what happened in the 90s.

Maybe the industry dictates a lot of what happens. If you want to do it your way it's going be difficult. It's much easier to roll down hill with Slash in the ACDC way. There's no evolution there and nobody cares.

Maybe GNR are one record behind. But they could easily put out a Early Days n Latter Days type double cd.

UYI = 2 Vinyl records

UYI 2 = 2 vinyl records

CD = 2 vinyl records

I thought we were discussing New gnr, lazy pie eating, one album per twenty years, Axl here - not the old band (you were discussing Zeppelin in relation to the different work rates of Bumblefoot, and Axl).

No I put CD in context of GNRs discography. I see it like disc 1 of Latter day GNR.

I don't see how they would put out a record before 2000. And the label didn't shit themselves until 2004.

There's just no a massive clamouring for GNR with just Axl so he might as well put out quality stuff. CD is a great latter day release, reflection on the demise of the band etc, its about the reality Axl experienced, not just a bunch of songs about partying and hookers. It's a crazy idea but that makes it unique and interesting. Song writing, musicianship are great, scope is maybe too wide. There's a couple of tracks that seem like off a different record.

So in context given the situation as it was, I have no problems with CD. So I don't think they should have put out 5 albums since 2000. Maybe 1 more. But does any one care? Axl has to tour the material force people to listen to it. I can't see Ron songs swamping the GNR set list so what's the point.

Edited by wasted

UYI = 2 Vinyl records

UYI 2 = 2 vinyl records

CD = 2 vinyl records

No I put CD in context of GNRs discography. I see it like disc 1 of Latter day GNR.

I don't see how they would put out a record before 2000. And the label didn't shit themselves until 2004.

There's just no a massive clamouring for GNR with just Axl so he might as well put out quality stuff. CD is a great latter day release, reflection on the demise of the band etc, its about the reality Axl experienced, not just a bunch of songs about partying and hookers. It's a crazy idea but that makes it unique and interesting. Song writing, musicianship are great, scope is maybe too wide. There's a couple of tracks that seem like off a different record.

So in context given the situation as it was, I have no problems with CD. So I don't think they should have put out 5 albums since 2000. Maybe 1 more. But does any one care? Axl has to tour the material force people to listen to it. I can't see Ron songs swamping the GNR set list so what's the point.

It is such a, defeatist, uncreative, way of looking at things. What is the point of anyone releasing stuff then, with logic like this? Slash is not going to shift massive units of those three recent records: why bother? What was the point in Izzy releasing all of those albums in the naughties considering, only about ten people downloaded them and he does not play them live? Neil Young is not going to produce Harvest-like sales ever again: why not just play Heart of Gold and Free World forever more in Vegas like Axl would? How many of the songs from those recent two Kiss albums, Sonic Boom and Monster, are going to be included in future setlists on a regular basis? Two - three at a push? Why bother then? Motörhead are another band who still release albums. Why bother when everyone wants Ace of Spades? How many of the upcoming AC/DC setlists comprise their upcoming studio album? Not too many I imagine. Why does Angus bother releasing stuff then?

Answer: they are musicians and songwriters and producing albums is simply, what they do. Axl used to be a musician and songwriter also. Now he is a Vegas joke.

No, yours is the logic of Jarmo and I cannot agree with it in the slightest.

I honestly don't think he even worked on it much over that time. I mean, I guess he went in the studio to add the blips and layers of stupid shit (did he even do that?), but listen to the vocal takes and the song structure and shit. It's truly an amateurish mess of a record. I think he procrastinated for 15 years and then was more or less forced to put out a still "unfinished" product.

I'm not saying don't release anything but I'm saying 1 album since 2000 for GNR which has a solid set list of classics is about right. Slash n Izzy are solo artists who add a few songs per record, they are building a set list. you cant really compare the expectations or opportunities for new stuff. izzy could play anything and people be happy. Axl has about 20 songs he has to play. No big band plays that many off the new album. I went Metallica they played a couple of Death Magnetic. nobody cared. CD is kind of like 2 records in that way, 10 songs at least have had decent runs in the set list. People just aren't that excited to hear the new stuff. They go apeshit for Estranged or Dead Flowers. So I can see why they aren't falling over themselves to put new material out like 3 years ago when they were still adding Catcher and TWAT even Prostitute and Yesterday's on the last tour. I reckon they will put out another album of stuff but I don't expect them all to jump into the set list.

I'm not saying don't release anything but I'm saying 1 album since 2000 for GNR which has a solid set list of classics is about right. Slash n Izzy are solo artists who add a few songs per record, they are building a set list. you cant really compare the expectations or opportunities for new stuff. izzy could play anything and people be happy. Axl has about 20 songs he has to play. No big band plays that many off the new album. I went Metallica they played a couple of Death Magnetic. nobody cared. CD is kind of like 2 records in that way, 10 songs at least have had decent runs in the set list. People just aren't that excited to hear the new stuff. They go apeshit for Estranged or Dead Flowers. So I can see why they aren't falling over themselves to put new material out like 3 years ago when they were still adding Catcher and TWAT even Prostitute and Yesterday's on the last tour. I reckon they will put out another album of stuff but I don't expect them all to jump into the set list.

One album per decade is a poor innings by anyone's estimation. One album within a twenty year time frame (1992-2014: 21 years) is colossally lazy and tragic for an artist who had his sort of talent. And who says Axl needs to play a 'solid set list of classics'? it was Axl's decision to exclusively play greatest hits when he first began touring again in 2002. He could have taken a different course, the path Pearl Jam and Neil Young pursue, mixing up the set lists. It was Axl's decision to pander to the plebeian masses. Before he made this decision, there was nothing inherent in the make-up of Guns N' Roses's fanbase which made them, resistant to 'deep cuts' and new material. Indeed, old Guns had always changed their setlists around; on the Illusion tour they radically overhauled their setlist three times (in '91, 92 and 93). It was a decision Axl chose for himself in 2002, to play Vegas setlists, and has pursued ever after.

Again, a Jarmo excuse.

I don't really see that they could put more records out in the 90s. So it's 1 album in 8 years. It could have been 2004 but I think it's a non issue given that the strength of CD.

They hardly ever played locomotive or coma or most of Illusions really. DTJ and Bad Obsession got more play. We've been through these stats before. Some CD songs have as many play plays as PTU.

I feel like it was more caution than lazy early on. Just getting the bucket line playing half decent shows. Civil, Estranged, Yesterday's were notable omissions but they were playing CD, The Blues, Madagascar. I don't see it from 2000 to 2002 they are going to reinvent GNR? I don't think it was on the cards. They were building something under pressure. What Axl was trying to do was crazy, maybe he was right but it goes against anything normal.

I think overall there was a feeling of let's just keep them somewhat happy, them try to work some new songs. Izzy and Slash weren't there so their songs weren't fought for. I just can't see that band doing a solid version of 14 years. In fact that were kind of raping OTGM. As talented as Bucket is I'm not convinced him a Robin were great on the old stuff. They were more the maverick geniuses Axl used to make CD. By Dj, Ron and Fortus do a better live show especially of the old stuff.

I don't think lazy is the word, I feel tired just thinking about GNR without Slash.

I don't really see that they could put more records out in the 90s. So it's 1 album in 8 years. It could have been 2004 but I think it's a non issue given that the strength of CD.

They hardly ever played locomotive or coma or most of Illusions really. DTJ and Bad Obsession got more play. We've been through these stats before. Some CD songs have as many play plays as PTU.

I feel like it was more caution than lazy early on. Just getting the bucket line playing half decent shows. Civil, Estranged, Yesterday's were notable omissions but they were playing CD, The Blues, Madagascar. I don't see it from 2000 to 2002 they are going to reinvent GNR? I don't think it was on the cards. They were building something under pressure. What Axl was trying to do was crazy, maybe he was right but it goes against anything normal.

I think overall there was a feeling of let's just keep them somewhat happy, them try to work some new songs. Izzy and Slash weren't there so their songs weren't fought for. I just can't see that band doing a solid version of 14 years. In fact that were kind of raping OTGM. As talented as Bucket is I'm not convinced him a Robin were great on the old stuff. They were more the maverick geniuses Axl used to make CD. By Dj, Ron and Fortus do a better live show especially of the old stuff.

I don't think lazy is the word, I feel tired just thinking about GNR without Slash.

It was hard to replace Slash cause all the shit that Axl had to think really hard about like how to rebuild this and that and what this means and how can we get that lyrical guitar line here or come up with an effective riff there...that's all shit Slash just came up with cause he was that good. That good at being the lead guitar player for Guns.

I agree with Robin and Bucket working more for the Chinese material comment. It makes sense too. What Axl did was crazy also because he had no chance imo to get it all: to cover the old shit and get it to sound "right" but also to come up with fresh shit that is of high quality. Not with the influences he wanted in there.

He "stole" Robin from NIN and it worked, cause Robin came up with Better and other assorted spite songs (just a guess, maybe)

He had everything you can hope for to make it sound not dated, still rocks.

And Bucket is the amazing talent that does it all, and can match the crazy no problem. The icon. The wild card.

But it all depends on if you can strike the balance between hardcore old Guns fans and what they want (make me forget about the fact Slash is gone) and the metrosexual Guns fans and girly modern ones. Can you? I'm not sure.

Axl still wanted to make an artistic statement. Whatever it takes to make it a Guns album sure, but also I need to say something here while creating the album those other guys that bailed didn't want to make. How do you do that? Axl failed in that aspect. In that many are not satisfied. Not real Guns. Where's Slash?

But he kinda predicted that before Chinese came out with his "some people will say it's not Guns, but they'll like at least a few tunes" comment. He was confident in the quality and I can hear why. It's a great album, and I think it mostly sounds like a weird version of Guns. Kudos, but maybe not enough for most old Guns fans.

I love Chinese, so I have mixed feelings cause Slash and stuff. Still, it was a hell of a ride and it's not over yet studio wise. I guess if you're into Axl's influences and how he combined them all together, you at least have one cool album to listen to, but some elements are missing. It's just that Axl found and lost other cool elements that Bucket and Robin created but the glue that holds The Chinese Experience together was always Axl n' Paul anyway in a way and that's still alive I think.

Edited by Rovim