Bumble Interview: 'I Am Grateful For All The Experiences I had with Gn'R"

Maybe his contract is up.. and hes in limbo just like the rest of us. Will he ? Wont he? Could he? Should he? Love the emphasis on HAD though ... to me it has the past tense written all over it. For me that is just fine because in my opinion, every single member except ASHABA is way underutilized and underexposed in every regard. Axls part time hobby has become a tedious contemplation on what could have been. Again.

Has GNR played itself out? Does Axl have what it takes to retool again if the band drifts its merry way? Its not like any of us are endeared to the band anyway, having come to understand 10 years ago or more that GNR is more or less a solo effort and under the control of Axl. If Axl isnt ambitious enough to take GNR anywhere new and exciting besides a bowling alley and maybe Joey Episteins bar mitzvah .. then whats the point?

I can just hear it now.. Axl introducing AFD material to the homelander generation... Heres a song your grandparents concieved your parents to back in 1988.. Ladies and Gentlemen... Sweet Child of Mine..

I guess GNR needs Ron to go on tour do he can hold them to ransom. And some members might not be feeling too frisky either.

Axl should just cut Ron loose. Fortus n Dj are enough. Maybe get Izzy in.

Can't believe you just said that. :tongue2: Enough for doing the shred stuff though? and even without the shred stuff Ron is by far the best guitar player in Guns right now.

Edited by Rovim

I guess GNR needs Ron to go on tour do he can hold them to ransom. And some members might not be feeling too frisky either.

Can't believe you just said that. :tongue2: Enough for doing the shred stuff though? and even without the shred stuff Ron is by far the best guitar player in Guns right now.

Probably technically. But he can't spiel a line of shit like Dj or Fortus. Tommy is silver tongued demon compared to Ron.
  • Like 1

Probably technically. But he can't spiel a line of shit like Dj or Fortus. Tommy is silver tongued demon compared to Ron.

I guess. But he makes up for it with his goofy Zappa metal/hard rock dude craziness. That's a really fun aspect and you're a Shackler's fan yes? Bumble loves that shit and he can even do sleazy riffs (and he did on top of other riffs in almost every song on Chinese)

But maybe it's not relavant cause it's not like Axl is excited by what Ron has to offer. Too bad, cause as a creative unit, the 3 of them in the studio (Bumble, Ron, and Thal) can create something cool that will sound like a fucked up in a good way version of Guns imo.

I guess. But he makes up for it with his goofy Zappa metal/hard rock dude craziness. That's a really fun aspect and you're a Shackler's fan yes? Bumble loves that shit and he can even do sleazy riffs (and he did on top of other riffs in almost every song on Chinese)

But maybe it's not relavant cause it's not like Axl is excited by what Ron has to offer. Too bad, cause as a creative unit, the 3 of them in the studio (Bumble, Ron, and Thal) can create something cool that will sound like a fucked up in a good way version of Guns imo.

I'm not questioning his musical ability, not that I would know but I respect his contributions to CD. I understand his/our/my frustration but at the same time he must know what material is available to Axl? He's played on half of it. Something doesn't sit right with what he's saying. He's Slash 2! It's CD 2! Round 3!!!

I'm not questioning his musical ability, not that I would know but I respect his contributions to CD. I understand his/our/my frustration but at the same time he must know what material is available to Axl? He's played on half of it. Something doesn't sit right with what he's saying. He's Slash 2! It's CD 2! Round 3!!!

No matter what happens with the live line up, I trust Axl to not release shit. He has never let me down with original studio material.

He has the ability to use talented musicians and put all the pieces together and create something that is appealing to me, but you kinda want the people who created the shit to play it live. Like...I would have loved to hear and see Bucket play his There Was A Time outro for example. Or Robin's This I Love solo played right live by him.

Bottom line is it don't really matter. If you believe CD ll will be released like I do, no worries. We die young-ish on the rollercoaster of destruction.

Again, maybe, just maybe, Axl has heard what bbf can do and has chosen not to collaborate with him.

Axl knew what Bumble's musical style was before he joined Guns, and he used even his more crazy riffs after Chinese was basically done. That's what I don't get: why would he not use his ideas? hired him just for his live abilities? to replace Bucket? so why use him on what was probably the most important work for Axl? out of the kindness of his heart? doesn't make sense to me.

He seems to let Ashba in creatively, sharing more with him buying guns together. He doesn't love all his hired children the same. I blame the beard.

Edited by Rovim

No matter what happens with the live line up, I trust Axl to not release shit. He has never let me down with original studio material.

He has the ability to use talented musicians and put all the pieces together and create something that is appealing to me, but you kinda want the people who created the shit to play it live. Like...I would have loved to hear and see Bucket play his There Was A Time outro for example. Or Robin's This I Love solo played right live by him.

Bottom line is it don't really matter. If you believe CD ll will be released like I do, no worries. We die young-ish on the rollercoaster of destruction.

That's what I mean Ron doesn't seem to believe in the Rollercoaster of Destruction. It's like CD II doesn't exist, when Axl says its done. And it comes more like selfish. But we don't know, maybe it doesn't. But with Ron saying one thing with Tommy, and Fortus/Dj saying finishing it off...maybe it's true Izzy n Duff to provide the media slash fans what they need to eat a bowl of silkworms.

That's what I mean Ron doesn't seem to believe in the Rollercoaster of Destruction. It's like CD II doesn't exist, when Axl says its done. And it comes more like selfish. But we don't know, maybe it doesn't. But with Ron saying one thing with Tommy, and Fortus/Dj saying finishing it off...maybe it's true Izzy n Duff to provide the media slash fans what they need to eat a bowl of silkworms.

Axl surprised me with what he said about Duff. (finishing off each other's sentences) Seems like there is a chance he'll let him do more in the future. Maybe even in the studio. Maybe even 3 or 4 songs on CD ll or lll. And we know about Izzy's Down By The Ocean.

I get what you mean about Bumble, but it's like...8 fuckin' years so he can be a little selfish? but on the other hand you should know what you sign up for when you join new Guns. It's Axl's show baby. Whatever it takes to bitchslap visions to reality. Bigger picture and all that shit.

I think it's natural for any musician to blah blah blah fresh material, I can feel the creative juices rushing back to my balls. Bumble and Tommy just want to make something that's not damn old but it's not their call and Bumble isn't build for it like Tommy is. (and less alcohol)

Maybe get onboard or fuck off Bumble, but replacing another one again...sigh.

It's a good point about Axl saying CD ll is done. This is the focus now. Ron should understand Axl doesn't begin another phase before he finishes with the current one. It's like Axl will not stop until he believes everything that could have been done to support an album was done. Then it's time motherfuckers. I think it's too damn hard for Bumble to endure but that's what you must do, or else you won't survive it.

Edited by Rovim

Axl surprised me with what he said about Duff. (finishing off each other's sentences) Seems like there is a chance he'll let him do more in the future. Maybe even in the studio. Maybe even 3 or 4 songs on CD ll or lll. And we know about Izzy's Down By The Ocean.

I get what you mean about Bumble, but it's like...8 fuckin' years so he can be a little selfish? but on the other hand you should know what you sign up for when you join new Guns. It's Axl's show baby. Whatever it takes to bitchslap visions to reality. Bigger picture and all that shit.

I think it's natural for any musician to blah blah blah fresh material, I can feel the creative juices rushing back to my balls. Bumble and Tommy just want to make something that's not damn old but it's not their call and Bumble isn't build for it like Tommy is. (and less alcohol)

It's a good point about Axl saying CD ll is done. This is the focus now. Ron should understand Axl doesn't begin another phase before he finishes with the current one. It's like Axl will not stop until he believes everything that could have been done to support an album was done. Then it's time motherfuckers. I think it's too damn hard for Bumble to endure but that's what you must do, or else you won't survive it.

Axl has said what the situation is and maybe Ron just can't take it. Or he's just realised its not about him, his solo career is about him. GNR are a huge band that has to paint with Led Zepp sized brush. You can't just be throwing out blues feel b sides and hoping. It has to go through the full process. Song, GNR, contemporary production, timeless. After the song has had the life shagged out of it, then Axl will wait 10 years to release it to make sure of its longevity.
  • Like 1

Axl has said what the situation is and maybe Ron just can't take it. Or he's just realised its not about him, his solo career is about him. GNR are a huge band that has to paint with Led Zepp sized brush. You can't just be throwing out blues feel b sides and hoping. It has to go through the full process. Song, GNR, contemporary production, timeless. After the song has had the life shagged out of it, then Axl will wait 10 years to release it to make sure of its longevity.

Except Led Zeppelin released eight albums in ten years (1969-79)

But even Page was not half as nuts as our dear ginger.

Edited by Rovim

But even Page was not half as nuts as our dear ginger.

But GNR has the same amount of hours of studio recorded material as GNR?

Zepp put out albums which were 7 tracks long.

1 UYI equals Physical Graphiti?

Maybe GNR are one record behind. But they could easily put out a Early Days n Latter Days type double cd.

The have a great Best of record to put out.

GNR sold 100 mil records by 1994 or something.

AFDLies - 2 vinyls records

UYI = 2 Vinyl records

UYI 2 = 2 vinyl records

CD = 2 vinyl records

8 records is enough and it comes down to the GH anyway.

^^^

But an album has it's own vibe to it. It's own concept. It's not just about the amount of recorded hours. You don't get to experience the evolution of the band's music as much with Guns cause they don't have many albums released.

I think if there's a tour Ron will be there. Just think they have different ways of saying they don't know what will happen.

Of course he will. He needs the $$$. Talk about the ultimate paycheck player. And people on this board call slash a sellout. Look at this fucker making 6 figures playing someone else's shit. Talk about a fucking loser.

I think if there's a tour Ron will be there. Just think they have different ways of saying they don't know what will happen.

Of course he will. He needs the $$$. Talk about the ultimate paycheck player. And people on this board call slash a sellout. Look at this fucker making 6 figures playing someone else's shit. Talk about a fucking loser.

What about dignity.