Bumble Interview: 'I Am Grateful For All The Experiences I had with Gn'R"

Fuck this, man! Who's in Guns N' Roses and who's not?! Is it so hard to spit it out?

I don't think no one knows, really. It seems that even the Lebeis are gone - from management, at least -, so I'd say no one is really safe. Maybe Dizzy and Pitman, but that's all. And Axl, of course.

No way that Axl ditched his nanny and her team

Your sources is fucking with you

oh wait you're brazilian

NEVER

EVER

BELIEVE BRAZILIANS

He's out. Anyone still clinging to hope is dumb.

I don't care about him

He is a great guitar player, but the definiton of replacable :headbang:

he has ZERO character, tone etc.

Plus he plays other peoples material in a cover band so...

Wish him the best, though

Edited by Motivation

He's out. Anyone still clinging to hope is dumb.

Maybe you're right, but we don't know that for sure. That's the insane part: no one will confirm anything. Not even who's in the "band" and who's out of the band.

For now: Bumble is considered a definite maybe. Probably kinda still somewhat "in" the band.

I think if there's a tour Ron will be there. Just think they have different ways of saying they don't know what will happen.

Beyond the next tour: Ron doesn't seem too excited by CD ll and it's potential release. How long will he stay in the band (if he's not out already) when Axl doesn't seem to really give a fuck about his musical ideas and the band has not written together a fresh album? that's what Bumble really wants, and maybe after 8 years he's close to giving up or gave up already.

I don't know anything, just guessing.

[quote name="Rovim" post="3856048" timestamp="141215

Not sure. Axl probably has the record done. So it's more Ron trying to justify staying in the band. Obviously Axl will marinade it because once it's out that could be the last album. Whether Ron wants to be a part of that its hard to say. Maybe it's just a wasted of 10'years four him. For Fortus it makes no difference hell just be doing the same with another band. Dj the same.

Even if Ron leaves it doesn't matter. You'll just have another guitarist say Fortus doing his solos live. The proper GNR way.

[quote name="Rovim" post="3856048" timestamp="141215

Not sure. Axl probably has the record done. So it's more Ron trying to justify staying in the band. Obviously Axl will marinade it because once it's out that could be the last album. Whether Ron wants to be a part of that its hard to say. Maybe it's just a wasted of 10'years four him. For Fortus it makes no difference hell just be doing the same with another band. Dj the same.

Even if Ron leaves it doesn't matter. You'll just have another guitarist say Fortus doing his solos live. The proper GNR way.

It intrigues me why none of the "new" members who leave, talk about it. Surely dastardly Waxy doesn't make em sign something to shut up about his dictatorship?

He'll run them over with his purple Ferrari.

It's not what Axl does its what he doesn't.? So it's like he didn't run me over with Lamborghini but he didn't do what i wanted either. At the end of the day it's his ass they get paid either way.

I am bored with Ron's crap. For gawd's sake sir, make a fuckin' decision: in or out?

Yeah but this way, everyone here can keep saying how amazing Ron is, how good he is to the fans, how they wish Ron could escape evil Axl and mount his legendary, huge, world-dominating solo career.

Simple fact is that Ron made no money before Axl hired him, and he'll make no money if he leaves GNR. It's easy for people here to cheer Ron that he should "go solo" and travel the world playing tiny bars to 5 or 6 people, but for Ron, why would he go back to being penniless and unheard?

• Like 1

I am bored with Ron's crap. For gawd's sake sir, make a fuckin' decision: in or out?

Yeah but this way, everyone here can keep saying how amazing Ron is, how good he is to the fans, how they wish Ron could escape evil Axl and mount his legendary, huge, world-dominating solo career.

Simple fact is that Ron made no money before Axl hired him, and he'll make no money if he leaves GNR. It's easy for people here to cheer Ron that he should "go solo" and travel the world playing tiny bars to 5 or 6 people, but for Ron, why would he go back to being penniless and unheard?

True.

I had never even heard of this guy prior to 5-12-2006. And if he left, would never hear from him again.

Truth is that time will forget easily BBF's presence in the band, in the same way many oner were forgotten before him. There's only one real lead guitarist for Gn'R and we all know what's his name (and it ain't Asbha!).

Truth is that time will forget easily BBF's presence in the band, in the same way many oner were forgotten before him. There's only one real lead guitarist for Gn'R and we all know what's his name (and it ain't Asbha!).

Alas it's true!

The thing is I don't think Ron is under any illusion that if he quits GN'R he'll be huge. He probably knows that he won't make much cash and will be playing small venues but the difference is he'll be happy. More people do however know about him because of GN'R, I mean I only found out about Bucket's stuff because of the Guns connection and whilst it isn't a ton of people I imagine it has made a difference. Also, given the amount of touring the guy has done with Axl and co I imagine he's probably got enough cash to live a nice life even if he doesn't make a lot of money from his solo work. I imagine his accident also put things in perspective for him.

It intrigues me why none of the "new" members who leave, talk about it. Surely dastardly Waxy doesn't make em sign something to shut up about his dictatorship?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. Years ago (probably around early 06) I tried to interview Dizzy and was told at that time he'd (and presumably everyone else) signed something to the effect that he couldn't discuss any forthcoming GNR plans until after the tour.

Tellingly, while Duff, Slash and Adler, among others have talked freely about their experiences with Axl, not one of the 'NuGNR' former players has said jack shit really. It can't be that they don't have scores to settle or axes to grind - we all know Axl must be difficult to work with. It can only logically be that there's something stopping them.

The thing is I don't think Ron is under any illusion that if he quits GN'R he'll be huge. He probably knows that he won't make much cash and will be playing small venues but the difference is he'll be happy.

You really think so? You think he'll be "happy" playing to about 17 people per year and making $11k after expenses?

Clearly he's a lot happier with the big fat paycheck he gets to play slash's music.

The thing is I don't think Ron is under any illusion that if he quits GN'R he'll be huge. He probably knows that he won't make much cash and will be playing small venues but the difference is he'll be happy.

You really think so? You think he'll be "happy" playing to about 17 people per year and making $11k after expenses?

Clearly he's a lot happier with the big fat paycheck he gets to play slash's music.

I think he'll probably be happier without all the issues that being a member of GN'R brings. Plus, the guy said in an interview that he'd rather choose his solo career over GN'R if it came to it. Ultimately I think in an ideal world he'd love to be in a big band like GN'R and make new music for the band but we all know that isn't happening. Also it seems that given the crazy way the band is managed it's impossible for him to go out and play his own stuff and be in GN'R as he never knows when a tour is going to get announced. The impression I get is that the guy really wants to make music and not just play other people's parts which is fair enough. I could be wrong but that's just what I get from his interviews. Personally, I think the whole Ron leaving thing will blow over and he'll still be in the band when they play next.

• Like 1

Regarding this big fat paycheck Ron is getting...how much is it?

It's often spoken of but i've never heard an actual number

Brain said that, in 2006, he was making almost as much money sitting at home, working on other projects, as he was making on tour with Guns. So I highly doubt it is a 'big paycheck that none of those guys will ever see outside of Guns'.

"I was getting a lot of production gigs just staying home. I'm really into computers and music, and I have my own studio. I rent a room at Studio 880,and I built this MIDI studio with all these MPCs and outboard gear, and I just started doing production — commercials for TV, that kind of stuff. And I kept getting more and more gigs and making almost as much money doing that as I was from touring and being a drummer" Bryan Mantia

• Like 1

If he's left, the only thing I can take from it is that new music from this band is anything but near a release date... It also shows that at no point was ever looking like the current band were gonna assemble and write together... ya'know the best part of being in a band is creating new music. I can't blame him for wanting out, but I just wish he and GnR would do it in a way that doesn't mess around die-hard fans who support the band by talking about them daily/nightly on the forums... give us one official statement that has Ron's statement and a statement from Axl or GnR management acknowledging the split. We should not need to dig for information or have to guess what he means when he does an interview.

This interview to me says he's quit... but at the same time if he's quit why is he still advertised as a GnR guitarist? why isn't he talking about how he quit the band? publicity for a new album? I would hope not, but this is the music industry and he's no fool... he reaches more people under the gnr banner so enjoy it while it's still there... not like he's bad mouthing or revealing and deep inner circle secrets. Just wish it was a bit more clear.

I would guess that the reason neither will confirm or deny is the fact that there is no immediate need to. While nothing goes on, these two parties can bicker and debate the nature of their relationship and in that capacity, nobody has to make any hard choices that are definitive.

Ron can come back if he wants to when a tour is right around the corner and he likes the look of the money and Axl isn't saying he's out because that's an excuse to be used to cancel a tour he doesn't really want to do. Tactically, they're both playing it safe.

But really, if we're expecting a formal letter of resignation, I'm still waiting for Robin Finck's. He never said one word about quitting. He had Trent Reznor do it for him many months later. There's reasons not to send out "I QUIT" all over the AP Wire.