Can we talk about how great the Melbourne 88 show was

Wish the quality was a bit better but this is definitely my favorite '88 bootleg. The Ritz gets praised as "the" old GNR show because it's the one they played on MTV all the time, but this is by far the better show.

I think the 12.7.88 Tokyo show is the best one. Great sound, good performance.

Like it or not, sound quality is big on judging a performance.

What does he say at 8:20 during the intro to Brownstone? Sounds like Hey, Funion breath!. :lol:

If I recall at some point someone yells out Slayer and the band starts playing a thrashy riff and Axk starts jokingly singing in a death metal style.. Lot's of good stuff in that show.. I may have to bust it out at some point soon.

Wish the quality was a bit better but this is definitely my favorite '88 bootleg. The Ritz gets praised as "the" old GNR show because it's the one they played on MTV all the time, but this is by far the better show.

I think the 12.7.88 Tokyo show is the best one. Great sound, good performance.

Like it or not, sound quality is big on judging a performance.

That's a great show, too. I'd say 2nd or 3rd best though, personally. In fact that's probably the show I listen to most often because the songs don't sound as out of place in a playlist as an audience recorded show or Melbourne/Philly.

What does he say at 8:20 during the intro to Brownstone? Sounds like Hey, Funion breath!. :lol:

If I recall at some point someone yells out Slayer and the band starts playing a thrashy riff and Axk starts jokingly singing in a death metal style.. Lot's of good stuff in that show.. I may have to bust it out at some point soon.

The Slayer thing is before My Michelle I think.

edit: go to 39:50

edit 2: 43:00 = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Edited by RickRoses