Renee Zellweger Is Now Unrecognizable

RussTCB

Oh, the curse of the It Girl. :( She's a very good actress. Prior to Jerry Maguire (and for a couple of years afterwards) she did seriously fine work in a bunch of indies (The Whole Wide World, Deciever, A Price Above Rubies, Empire Records, and yes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4: What the Fuck is Going On Here). And she was gangbusters in Chicago and especially Nurse Betty. As much as it made her, I suspect her career would've taken more of a Laura Linney/Holly Hunter route if not for Maguire, and I think she would've been better off in the long term both professionally and personally for it. There was a big push to turn her into Julia Roberts and she flat out lacked the charisma and looks for that.

She started getting quite odd looking about ten years ago, that seesaw of weight gain and loss she was on for the Bridget Jones movies took a toll on her. She got too skinny after the last one, her face needs a little softness. I don't think the surgery itself is particularly terrible - on a scale of 1 to Meg Ryan, it's barely a 4. Downzy's right, it's more equivalent to what Jennifer Grey did, ie drastically alter a trademark feature to the extent of making yourself unrecognizable.

Edited by Angelica

I don't get it with these celebrities, if you have a "look" why mess with it?
The guy from Boy Meets World got a nose job and he looks like some type

of bizarro version of his old self.There are some cases where plastic surgery
goes well, but those are few and far between. Even if it does go well it's going
to be a change and people are going to pick up on it.