Estranged vs Nightrain

Free Bird

Estranged vs Nightrain  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't criticising your poll, more just our disconnection with reality.

But maybe we are right. Both were singles. I had the Nightrain 7".

I just think of SCOM and Nov Rain as the big songs that got all the attention.

I don't think it's a disconnection of reality. NR, DC, SCOM, PC, Jungle... all that songs were the biggest hits, yes. But as example, just because You're a Lie was a bigger hit than Anastasia doesn't it make the better song.

Hardcore fans, or fans in general who are into so much stuff are most likely to have other favourites than the hit singles...

To me Nightrain is Guns best song.

Edited by Free Bird

I'm just saying a lot of people disagree with us out there in zombie land.

Like I said I personally feel uncomfortable with either of those being the best GNR, but I understand it's a poll of forum users.

Edited by wasted

I'm just trying to be normal, I'm not that good at it.

To me Out Ta Get Me sums up AFD era. That song had the edge no other band did. Again on UYI isn't Locomotive the new Achilles Last Stand for the 90s?

Out Ta Get me is one of my favorite Appetite tunes. But it makes sense cause Izzy came up with a badass riff, Axl's lyrics let you in and you get how paranoid he can be.

Slash said about the OTGM riff that Izzy can always come up with a killer riff you can play with or something like that.

I think the subject matter is just not as epic as Nightrain's. It's not about drinking. But it's angry as shit and it's a homerun just like Nightrain was, so the song is on the same level for me if we're talking about the intent, the execution, and the amount of feel.

But the solos and feeling of total disregard to consequences and out of control vibe really speak to me. Appetite really is a masterpiece. I get tired of it sometimes, but then I listen to it again and almost every song hits you in the face with it's quality. And yeah, you suck at it.

I was giving Slash the OTGM riff? Slash is basically Jungle, Paradise and RQ?

I'm just uncomfortable saying Nightrain better than Jungle.

And even Estranged better than Nov Rain.

Out of all my hair metal tapes the reason I liked GNR was Jungle, Easy, OTGM, PC it just seemed way better than other bands. This was before I heard Zepp and The Stones.

Nightrain and Estranged are tasteful though, they are less pushy and attention grabbing. So maybe they have more longevity.

Nah, I just listen more to Nightrain and Estranged cause I prefer them personally. November Rain and Jungle are better imo. Jungle is the calling card, the anthem. It's a perfect song. November Rain manages to do a few things Estranged doesn't. They're like sister wifes. Both songs have killer outros, but everyone that hears Slash's November Rain outro gets it. And the whole tune is like a classical hard rock thing and even the music video had like an opera kind of vibe. It shares a lot with Estranged, but it's more easier to chew on.

But when you compare Nightrain to November Rain, you hear a unified vision of all band members versus Axl's vision coming to life by everyone involved.

First half of Appetite is so strong it's incredible. It starts with a high with Jungle, then It's So Easy with it's venom you start to trust this band and know it's for real, Nightrain don't give a fuck, Out Ta Get Me a nice dose of anger, a bunch of heroin and that fuckin' riff, and then the centerpiece of the album and you really get how epic this band can get.

I'm just saying a lot of people disagree with us out there in zombie land.

Like I said I personally feel uncomfortable with either of those being the best GNR, but I understand it's a poll of forum users.

It can only really be Jungle, SCOM, or Paradise City. You choose one of those as the best Guns song and I wouldn't disagree. (my opinion)

I just temper my wild personal choices with yeah Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, (with YCBM, DC, NR as their counterparts maybe if you're going to so arrogant as to suggest a UYI song)

The forum has gone with Nightrain and Estranged. I respect that. Maybe the cream rises to the top.

It's just Estranged/Nightrain over Paradise City is hard to accept.

You must be smoking crack (or like not enough), I'd vote for It's So Easy before I take Mariah back.

I just temper my wild personal choices with yeah Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, (with YCBM, DC, NR as their counterparts maybe if you're going to so arrogant as to suggest a UYI song)

The forum has gone with Nightrain and Estranged. I respect that. Maybe the cream rises to the top.

It's just Estranged/Nightrain over Paradise City is hard to accept.

You must be smoking crack (or like not enough), I'd vote for It's So Easy before I take Mariah back.

Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City

Estranged and Nightrain

November Rain and You Could Be Mine

To avoid any.

Usually Estranged wins every poll. I just wanna know what's about an one on one? GNR's most popular ballad on internet forums vs their probably best rock song!

Their best rocker is YCBM or WTTJ

Nitghtrain is a close call

Anybody who vote Estranged is a pussy (not because the "it''s rock n fuckin' roll BROTHA thing, just because Estranged is a long cheesefest with some good guitar work)