Five Finger Death Punch singer makes fun of Axl

I remember when my local station was spamming Five Finger Fist Hump endlessly. Apparently this early in their careers, they were already covering other bands. How about some originality ffs.

Is this a joke? Guns is largely a cover band.

I'll admit the difference between Five and Guns is night and day, but you can't like Guns and then diss another band for doing covers early on.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks. Doing "Bad Company" was taking a shitty song and making it shittier. Also..."I was born...a shotgun in my hand..." So stupid. And the singer with the ripoff Godsmack vocals...why ripoff shitty vocals? It's Pearl Jam and Creed all over again.

You asked if my post was a joke and then proceeded to agree with me.

GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers. Five Finger Pity Fuck started covers immediately so yes, they need some originality first.

Not completely true. This is their first show, covers in bold.

Reckless Life

Shadow of Your Love

Jumping Jack Flash

Think About You

Move To the City

Don't Cry

Nice Boys

Back Off Bitch

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

3/10 Covers

5/10 Pre-GN'R/Hollywood Rose

2/10 GN'R

• Like 1

Did GNR become famous for a cover that they released as a single? No.

Does anyone associate GNR with Mama Kin, Nice Boys and Jumpin Jack Flash? No.

It's WTTJ, SCOM, NR and etc.

To suggest that FFDP and GNR are similar in that regard is just lol.

Edited by Rustycage

I remember when my local station was spamming Five Finger Fist Hump endlessly. Apparently this early in their careers, they were already covering other bands. How about some originality ffs.

Is this a joke? Guns is largely a cover band.

I'll admit the difference between Five and Guns is night and day, but you can't like Guns and then diss another band for doing covers early on.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks. Doing "Bad Company" was taking a shitty song and making it shittier. Also..."I was born...a shotgun in my hand..." So stupid. And the singer with the ripoff Godsmack vocals...why ripoff shitty vocals? It's Pearl Jam and Creed all over again.

You asked if my post was a joke and then proceeded to agree with me.

GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers. Five Finger Pity Fuck started covers immediately so yes, they need some originality first.

Not completely true. This is their first show, covers in bold.

Reckless Life

Shadow of Your Love

Jumping Jack Flash

Think About You

Move To the City

Don't Cry

Nice Boys

Back Off Bitch

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

3/10 Covers

5/10 Pre-GN'R/Hollywood Rose

2/10 GN'R

So an early band that covers songs in early gigs = An early band that releases an album with a cover song that they release as a single?

Nah, I don't follow that.

Are we even 100% it was meant to be "negative"? We're the most ridiculous bunch of people. :lol:

Yeah that was actually my first thought. He was just trying to play the anti rockstar guy and chose the ultimate rockstar as a reference. It's actually pretty cool that instead of saying rockstar, people say Axl Rose.

Everyone here is nuts and delusional. I don't like Five Finger Death Punch at all or that style of music, but they have been around a long time. For so many here to say they never even have heard of them before, you really gotta get out of the box your living in and attempt to see what other type of music is out there. They are actual a pretty popular band and likely could consistently draw at least as well at current GNR.

Edited by slim26

Everyone here is nuts and delusional. I don't like Five Finger Death Punch at all or that style of music, but they have been around a long time. For so many here to say they never even have heard of them before, you really gotta get out of the box your living in and attempt to see what other type of music is out there. They are actual a pretty popular band and likely could consistently draw at least as well at current GNR.

i don't follow popular, i only follow things i like. If it happened to be popular well i think that's good for them.

I said that never heard of them, and even ask their best song to listen.

I don't care if he said anything about Axl, it's just a horrible band and the people that listen to bands like this usually suck too.

this

LOL at people who feel the need to insult those that like different bands than they do.

Are we even 100% it was meant to be "negative"? We're the most ridiculous bunch of people. :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO dude. We must, absolutely MUST, insult anybody and their band if they ever say anything negative about Axl Rose. We must act like 13-year-old girls and defend our favorite band at all costs. Axl Rose can bash and rip apart anybody he chooses - but how f*cking dare any other artist say something negative about him. HOW F*CKING DARE THEY.

They are almost like death metal... not my style, but to each their own. No need to make fun of them. They've sold a hell of a lot more records in the past 5 years then anything that Axl's post 94 band has produced.

they are not even close to death metal.

I don't care if he said anything about Axl, it's just a horrible band and the people that listen to bands like this usually suck too.

this

LOL at people who feel the need to insult those that like different bands than they do.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO dude. We must, absolutely MUST, insult anybody and their band if they ever say anything negative about Axl Rose. We must act like 13-year-old girls and defend our favorite band at all costs. Axl Rose can bash and rip apart anybody he chooses - but how f*cking dare any other artist say something negative about him. HOW F*CKING DARE THEY.

Agreed -- your all nuts!! Obviously many people don't understand that music is an art form and people have different tastes. If this dude praised Axl, you would all be youtubing them and god forbid a few of you might actually realize that you could enjoy their music.

They are almost like death metal... not my style, but to each their own. No need to make fun of them. They've sold a hell of a lot more records in the past 5 years then anything that Axl's post 94 band has produced.

they are not even close to death metal.

Will take your word for it. I'm not into the stuff that is much heavier then hard rock, so hard for me to categorize.

i don't follow popular, i only follow things i like. If it happened to be popular well i think that's good for them.

here is a diddy from their new album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSt5f1IyaYE

here is a diddy from their new album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSt5f1IyaYE

Actually, I just googled them, and yes, I'm completely wrong, not death metal at all. They are actually not too bad. If you guys with closed minds could actually attempt to listen to newer bands (even though these guys been around for like 9 years), you might appreciate them.

i listen to a lot of new bands, the problem isnt new vs old it is bad vs good, i think five finger death punch is past bad and into the horrible category, but to each his own.

the point is everyone bashing five finger death puch isnt bashing them because the singer said something about axl. he could get up on stage tell the crowd axl is the coolest guy on the planet and i would still think his music is fucking horrible.

Had to listen to them all of the time on the radio at work.

Like the youtube video above. "Burn motherfucker" x 100 just sounds like teeny metal. If someone likes em, whatever but I still think they're shit because of what I've heard. Just because someone doesn't like something that you do, that doesn't mean they've never actually heard them.

It's the same old guitar sound. Same old guitar riffs. Same old lack of substance in the lyrics. It's the same shit.

• Like 2

Had to listen to them all of the time on the radio at work.

Like the youtube video above. "Burn motherfucker" x 100 just sounds like teeny metal. If someone likes em, whatever but I still think they're shit because of what I've heard. Just because someone doesn't like something that you do, that doesn't mean they've never actually heard them.

It's the same old guitar sound. Same old guitar riffs. Same old lack of substance in the lyrics. It's the same shit.

yeah, plus the tough guy lyrics and imagery are also a major annoyance. it is what really stops me from listening to pantera more. the lyrics to five finger death punch songs are along the lines of "say shit to my face and i will smash it in" or "you broke my heart so i will break your face"

i listen to a lot of new bands, the problem isnt new vs old it is bad vs good, i think five finger death punch is past bad and into the horrible category, but to each his own.

the point is everyone bashing five finger death puch isnt bashing them because the singer said something about axl. he could get up on stage tell the crowd axl is the coolest guy on the planet and i would still think his music is fucking horrible.

That's you though. And most intelligent people.

Fact is though that a large portion of posters on this forum don't operate like you and I do.

If the singer had said that Axl is the greatest singer of all time there would be a group on here (that probably had never even listened to FFDP before) proclaiming that they are extremely underrated and they've always enjoy their music.

Several of us are agreeing that their music sucks - to us. Music is all about personal preference. It's just funny to see people attack them because they said something negative about Axl. Several people have done that in this topic. And it happens in every topic when somebody says something positive or negative about Axl or Slash.

We must act like 13-year-old girls and defend our favorite band at all costs.

I guess Maynard was right when he described Axl fans to be worse than Justin Bieber fans. They pretty much act like them.

Oh, and by the way, I have never heard of them before. Just watched the video bran posted and yeah, they pretty much suck. That kind of music is not my thing anyways.

yeah, plus the tough guy lyrics and imagery are also a major annoyance. it is what really stops me from listening to pantera more. the lyrics to five finger death punch songs are along the lines of "say shit to my face and i will smash it in" or "you broke my heart so i will break your face"

Cowboys from Hell is always worth a listen, imo. Everything after is all a gimmick. And that's a perfect description of FFDP and the bands like them. They're just contributing to the emptiness of rock.

• Like 1