Five Finger Death Punch singer makes fun of Axl

No. The motherfucker will be a subject in one of the other songs.

I'm agreeing with most of you. I've never liked these guys. Not my cup of tea.

But.......I don't get all the hate they are receiving.

Cheesy lyrics? Have we forgotten how the chorus of Paradise City goes? Or all of This I Love?

Black Sabbath said this band wasn't worthy of even mentioning Axl. Their last album and single did better than Chinese Democracy the album and single did. These guys are more popular and relevant than GnR is in terms of what each band has did in the last decade.

And while I might not personally like the band, they have a huge fan following and are really popular right now.

So personal preference aside, I see no reason to "hate" on a band that is very successful and has a strong fan base. I'm sure their fans are happy that FFDP are in existence. If there is a "want" for their type of music - more power to them for filling it.

Also..........did he really insult Axl Rose?

His comment can be taken either way.

Either "i'm not an ego maniac, take the spotlight off me"

or

"I'm not Axl Rose - the King. I don't deserve the spotlight, shine it on the entire band."

Edited by Groghan

Never liked Paradise city or songs like patience but I know that's the type of stuff that gets you airplay, especially then.

Burn Motherfucker, Burn isn't going to get air play. Especially in today's scene(or lack of).

This I love isn't one I can address. I don't like it or nugnr so we can flush that floater.

FFDP, like This I love and nugnr, doesn't bother me to the point to where I have a problem with people liking it, I bash them because they're shit.

I don't really play along with the little league baseball mentality of giving people trophies just because they show up. If I think it's good, I'll give my little thumbs up and that will be it. If i think it's garbage, thumbs down. It's not like anyone bashing the band on this site makes one bit of difference anyways. All it did was possibly convert some GNR fans into Five Finger Fist Fuckers.

Edited by Rustycage

Never liked Paradise city or songs like patience but I know that's the type of stuff that gets you airplay, especially then.

Burn Motherfucker, Burn isn't going to get air play. Especially in today's scene(or lack of).

This I love isn't one I can address. I don't like it or nugnr so we can flush that floater.

FFDP, like This I love and nugnr, doesn't bother me to the point to where I have a problem with people liking it, I bash them because they're shit.

I don't really play along with the little league baseball mentality of giving people trophies just because they show up. If I think it's good, I'll give my little thumbs up and that will be it. If i think it's garbage, thumbs down. It's not like anyone bashing the band on this site makes one bit of difference anyways. All it did was possibly convert some GNR fans into Five Finger Fist Fuckers.

Agree with almost everything you said.

Not sure about the trophies thing or what you meant by that.

And again. For me PERSONALLY - I don't like them as a band.

But music is all about personal preference. Because I like or dislike something doesn't mean it's "better" or "worse" music than anything else.

FFDP are one of the most popular rock bands out right now - so good for them.

Not sure why people have to hate and insult music they don't like.

Oh, and BTW, I was at a Limp Bizkit concert a few weeks ago (yeah yeah, go ahead and make fun of me for going to a Limp Bizkit concert, but they kicked ass), and Fred mocked Axl after doing a cover of Welcome to the Jungle (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/limp-bizkit/2014/best-buy-theater-new-york-ny-3ccb157.html). So everyone can start spewing their hatred for the no talent ass clown Fred Durst.

He said, this one was dedicated to Axl Rose. He's actually here -- points to the last row of the theatre -- he's there all the way in the back corner.

In reality these guys actually appreciate Axl's contributions to the music world and probably influenced by the early GNR years but can't help but laugh at what's become of him.

Edited by slim26

Agree with almost everything you said.

Not sure about the trophies thing or what you meant by that.

And again. For me PERSONALLY - I don't like them as a band.

But music is all about personal preference. Because I like or dislike something doesn't mean it's "better" or "worse" music than anything else.

FFDP are one of the most popular rock bands out right now - so good for them.

Not sure why people have to hate and insult music they don't like.

The trophies are about you giving them credit just because they give music to their fans. I know where you're really going there but Metallica gave their fans St Anger. I don't follow the "well, they give their fans music" when they're taking a proverbial shit on everyone. But I get that Axl doesn't release anything so we're basically going to that comparison.

I don't like Bieber or his fans either and I don't see many people saying that they like having him around. It's all empty crap. It breeds more empty crap. I'm not a Bieber or FFDP fan so I won't give them an empty "good for them."

They're not exactly a great offering from the genre but it's not even the best offering from the tiring metalcore area, some decent albums can be found there between the sludge marketed as cutting edge and unique, in reality not much of the macho man metal is that original or holds a candle to the actually innovative acts of the past but there are a few solid enough bands around. I don't think this is a band that will grow or offer anything else but they're better than many other popular bands these days playing rock or metal, you're either very good or very similar to the flavour of the month, involving generic riffs, abysmal lyrics and insipid paint by the numbers solos, breakdowns and a lot of the time backstreet boys attached choruses, at least they don't do that lol but they are trying really hard in another way. Phil Anselmo acted like a nob at times and so does/did Axl Rose let us note too, but the quality of their work compared to the majority of metal and rock getting five mins of fame today... these guys are kings). Will this band stand the test of time, who knows. Not the worst thing from today, try Escape the Fate, Bring Me The Horizon, older Asking Alexandria, Simple Plan, Black Veil Brides...

For the record I really find nothing redeeming in this band.

Fuck these guys, they might be popular now, but nobody is going to remember their music
in a few years. It's the same homogenized dime-a-dozen Nickelback bullcrap that plenty of
other bands are doing. If it was a legitimate rock band I would be indifferent towards their
opinion, but this is like Brian Scalabrine talking shit about Jordan. The whole Axl bashing thing
is played out at this point anyway, it's like somebody still running around quoting Napoleon Dynamite.
tl;dr LEAVE AXL ALONE!!!! :bitchfight:

They're not exactly a great offering from the genre but it's not even the best offering from the tiring metalcore area, some decent albums can be found there between the sludge marketed as cutting edge and unique, in reality not much of the macho man metal is that original or holds a candle to the actually innovative acts of the past but there are a few solid enough bands around. I don't think this is a band that will grow or offer anything else but they're better than many other popular bands these days playing rock or metal, you're either very good or very similar to the flavour of the month, involving generic riffs, abysmal lyrics and insipid paint by the numbers solos, breakdowns and a lot of the time backstreet boys attached choruses, at least they don't do that lol but they are trying really hard in another way. Phil Anselmo acted like a nob at times and so does/did Axl Rose let us note too, but the quality of their work compared to the majority of metal and rock getting five mins of fame today... these guys are kings). Will this band stand the test of time, who knows. Not the worst thing from today, try Escape the Fate, Bring Me The Horizon, older Asking Alexandria, Simple Plan, Black Veil Brides...

emmure or atilla :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Edited by bran

emmure or atilla :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Urgh don't remind me of anymore :vomit: Suppose people are entitled to listen to what they want, all I think is wow remember when limp bizkit and whatever they're called bloodhound gang, Hoobastank were the supposed GNR of the 2000's :lol:

I remember when my local station was spamming Five Finger Fist Hump endlessly. Apparently this early in their careers, they were already covering other bands. How about some originality ffs.

Is this a joke? Guns is largely a cover band.

I'll admit the difference between Five and Guns is night and day, but you can't like Guns and then diss another band for doing covers early on.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks. Doing "Bad Company" was taking a shitty song and making it shittier. Also..."I was born...a shotgun in my hand..." So stupid. And the singer with the ripoff Godsmack vocals...why ripoff shitty vocals? It's Pearl Jam and Creed all over again.

You asked if my post was a joke and then proceeded to agree with me.

GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers. Five Finger Pity Fuck started covers immediately so yes, they need some originality first.

Not completely true. This is their first show, covers in bold.

Reckless Life

Shadow of Your Love

Jumping Jack Flash

Think About You

Move To the City

Don't Cry

Nice Boys

Back Off Bitch

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

3/10 Covers

5/10 Pre-GN'R/Hollywood Rose

2/10 GN'R

So an early band that covers songs in early gigs = An early band that releases an album with a cover song that they release as a single?

Nah, I don't follow that.

But what I am saying is, your statement that ''GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers'' does not tell the whole story. What GN'R did was basically inherit the Hollywood Rose setlist and slowly discontinue Hollywood Rose songs, replacing them with newly written Guns N' Roses material.

I remember when my local station was spamming Five Finger Fist Hump endlessly. Apparently this early in their careers, they were already covering other bands. How about some originality ffs.

I'll admit the difference between Five and Guns is night and day, but you can't like Guns and then diss another band for doing covers early on.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks. Doing "Bad Company" was taking a shitty song and making it shittier. Also..."I was born...a shotgun in my hand..." So stupid. And the singer with the ripoff Godsmack vocals...why ripoff shitty vocals? It's Pearl Jam and Creed all over again.

GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers. Five Finger Pity Fuck started covers immediately so yes, they need some originality first.

Reckless Life

Shadow of Your Love

Jumping Jack Flash

Think About You

Move To the City

Don't Cry

Nice Boys

Back Off Bitch

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

3/10 Covers

2/10 GN'R

So an early band that covers songs in early gigs = An early band that releases an album with a cover song that they release as a single?

But what I am saying is, your statement that ''GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers'' does not tell the whole story. What GN'R did was basically inherit the Hollywood Rose setlist and slowly discontinue Hollywood Rose songs, replacing them with newly written Guns N' Roses material.

How do you separate HR and GNR? Most of the members were a part of it and wrote it.

Yes, bands play covers at gigs. That's not really unusual. Is there any band that has a full set of their own material? I thought we were talking about what they bring to the big table such as releasing music. When you break through. Gigs on the strip are not the "scene" I'm talking about. GNR had their own material when they broke through. FFDP breaks through and immediately releases a cover of a dull song from a 70's rock band.

Just like Limp Bizkit and covering Faith. Just like artists all over the spectrum that are releasing other people's songs to get popular or "break through." I stand by my point that GNR were nothing similar. Even bands like Metallica played covers in their early days and then developed a catalog. They all use fillers until they build up their catalog as you posted. Releasing them early on your albums is a whole different level.

Edited by Rustycage

Reckless Life

Shadow of Your Love

Jumping Jack Flash

Think About You

Move To the City

Don't Cry

Nice Boys

Back Off Bitch

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

3/10 Covers

2/10 GN'R

How do you separate HR and GNR? Most of the members were a part of it and wrote it.

Yes, bands play covers at gigs. That's not really unusual. Is there any band that has a full set of their own material? I thought we were talking about what they bring to the big table such as releasing music. When you break through. Gigs on the strip are not the "scene" I'm talking about. GNR had their own material when they broke through. FFDP breaks through and immediately releases a cover of a dull song from a 70's rock band.

Just like Limp Bizkit and covering Faith. Just like artists all over the spectrum that are releasing other people's songs to get popular or "break through." I stand by my point that GNR were nothing similar. Even bands like Metallica played covers in their early days and then developed a catalog.

You can separate them quite easily. Firstly, Chris Weber was an important part of Hollywood Rose. Secondly, Mckagan was never a member of Hollywood Rose. Thirdly, Izzy and Slash were both in different line ups of HR - they had never actually played together prior to Guns.

You can separate them quite easily. Firstly, Chris Weber was an important part of Hollywood Rose. Secondly, Mckagan was never a member of Hollywood Rose. Thirdly, Izzy and Slash were both in different line ups of HR - they had never actually played together prior to Guns.

They didn't bring in material that they had nothing to do with except for the gig fillers. And that's until they built up their catalog. Like every other band. Apparently the band we're talking about here has a catalog but dried up creatively when they broke through and they whipped out a 70's cover as a single. Nothing similar between GNR and that band at all.

Positive reactions if they said something positive. The comment/joke was deemed negative so the reactions are "Never heard of them" along with other insults. Interesting.

I'll call bullshit on that. If they said something positive I'd probably say something like "shitty band but it's cool they like Axl"

You don't exactly see everyone going around singing the praises of Sixx AM or Bumblefoot.

Positive reactions if they said something positive. The comment/joke was deemed negative so the reactions are "Never heard of them" along with other insults. Interesting.

I'll call bullshit on that. If they said something positive I'd probably say something like "shitty band but it's cool they like Axl"

You don't exactly see everyone going around singing the praises of Sixx AM or Bumblefoot.

Meh, call bullshit all you want, it's meaningless. It always happens in situations like this.