Five Finger Death Punch singer makes fun of Axl

Singer in a pretty popular band says something negative about Axl.........IE: his band and everything about his life must be torn to shreds. People on this forum are pretty funny.

Same singer says something positive about Axl = "I always liked that band. I hope I can see them soon!" "I hope he and Axl make a collaboration one of these days!"

Comedy gold, Groghan. Comedy gold. :lol:

It is comical how often that happens.

Remember when The Wrestler came out and Mickey O'Rouke said he was casual friends with Axl? For about a year after that people were putting him beside DeNiro, Brando and Pacino.

I can't stand FFDP's music - not enjoyable to my ears at all.

But it's because of their style of music, not because the singer said a tiny throw-away joke about Axl. I'm not a 14-year-old fan girl so I don't get mad or offended if somebody doesn't like the same music/bands that I like!!!!

• Like 1

Singer in a pretty popular band says something negative about Axl.........IE: his band and everything about his life must be torn to shreds. People on this forum are pretty funny.

Same singer says something positive about Axl = "I always liked that band. I hope I can see them soon!" "I hope he and Axl make a collaboration one of these days!"

Remember when The Wrestler came out and Mickey O'Rouke said he was casual friends with Axl? For about a year after that people were putting him beside DeNiro, Brando and Pacino.

But it's because of their style of music, not because the singer said a tiny throw-away joke about Axl. I'm not a 14-year-old fan girl so I don't get mad or offended if somebody doesn't like the same music/bands that I like!!!!

My thing is: I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks or says of Axl. I would never consider liking or disliking a band, actor or whatever else more or less based on their opinion of Axl.

apparently these hooray for tolerance!s are five finger death punch

five-finger-death-punch-jpg.jpg

It's sad to see what too many wedgies in high school will do to a person. :lol:

Five_Finger_Death_Punch.jpg

They're not that bad and they can say what they want but..."You can't look like a roadie and be in a fucking band"!!! (Nikki Sixx)

My thing is: I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks or says of Axl. I would never consider liking or disliking a band, actor or whatever else more or less based on their opinion of Axl.

I think that's how most intelligent people think.

in all fairness i have been bashing them on here for years :lol:

• Like 2

Typical GNR-fanboy over reaction. The fact remains, that this is merely an example to the general population of what Axl is about for them, i.e. a complete diva prick. They (the crowd) would not laugh if the joke did not resonate for them.

The merits or lack of, of this band, are irrelevant.

I think that's how most intelligent people think.

Indeed.

You can't ask for that when you talk about Axl fans, though.

Pot and kettle. Axl has slagged off everyone from Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Vince Neil, to, his own former band mates, live on stage.

PS

Axl also slagged off Maiden. I am including this knowledge for powerage's benefit you understand haha. Stradlin by the way got abused routinely during the Skin n' Bones tour. As I said, pot and kettle.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

I hate it when peeps take a swing at more popular artists just for some extra publicity.

Wake up. It's 2014. Axl is not "popular" anymore.

Well, 2014 Axl is not popular and a laughing stock at best.

But 80's and 90's Axl is still in everyone's minds I guess.

I remember when my local station was spamming Five Finger Fist Hump endlessly. Apparently this early in their careers, they were already covering other bands. How about some originality ffs.

Is this a joke? Guns is largely a cover band.

I'll admit the difference between Five and Guns is night and day, but you can't like Guns and then diss another band for doing covers early on.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks. Doing "Bad Company" was taking a shitty song and making it shittier. Also..."I was born...a shotgun in my hand..." So stupid. And the singer with the ripoff Godsmack vocals...why ripoff shitty vocals? It's Pearl Jam and Creed all over again.

I remember when my local station was spamming Five Finger Fist Hump endlessly. Apparently this early in their careers, they were already covering other bands. How about some originality ffs.

I'll admit the difference between Five and Guns is night and day, but you can't like Guns and then diss another band for doing covers early on.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks. Doing "Bad Company" was taking a shitty song and making it shittier. Also..."I was born...a shotgun in my hand..." So stupid. And the singer with the ripoff Godsmack vocals...why ripoff shitty vocals? It's Pearl Jam and Creed all over again.

You asked if my post was a joke and then proceeded to agree with me.

GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers. Five Finger Pity Fuck started covers immediately so yes, they need some originality first.

Whether they suck or not, the singer doesn't really have any room to bash or make fun of Axl in any way, in my opinion. Sure, anyone can make fun of anyone, but this guy is nowhere near Axl on any level, so why even make a reference/joke about it? Yeah, you definitely aren't Axl, pal...

Somewhat ironically enough, their last albums they compared to the the Illusions in the sense of how they were released. It was Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, same cover but different color shading. They were released on different dates, though.

Either way, regardless of what you think of them, good or bad, it's just laughable when newer bands make fun of older bands or artists when they have no room to do so.

You asked if my post was a joke and then proceeded to agree with me.

GNR came onto the scene, established their OWN material and then did some covers. Five Finger Pity Fuck started covers immediately so yes, they need some originality first.

No I didn't agree. I think Guns gained lots of popularity doing covers almost right from the start, didn't they? Look at Live Like a Suicide.

Also, Heartbreak Hotel was on their demo tape.

Edited by Amish

Eddie Vedder and Layne Staley are superb, undeniably untouchable vocalists though no matter who tries to rip them off or cheapen them, there's a reason Creed, Godsmack and Nickelback don't have the respect those bands do.

No, both Eddie and Layne have shitty vocals that helped fuel a number of ripoff bands, most notably Creed. Most popular hard rock bands since them have had that same gritty, twisted way of singing. Peanut butter and marbles, someone on here called it.

Just because a voice is ultra powerful doesn't mean it's good.

No I didn't agree. I think Guns gained lots of popularity doing covers almost right from the start, didn't they? Look at Live Like a Suicide.

Their popularity came from AFD. :blink:

All bands do covers but the good ones make their name with their own material. Guns did it. And to be objective, no one associates GNR with Mama Kin. If it's covers, it's KOHD or LALD.

It's a large part why I am critical of nugnr. They're making it by covering the old band. It may not be their fault but it is what it is.

Be original or GTFO.