Healthcare

downzy

Kind of off topic but I noticed that the amount of shit we need to pay in order to slave another day (i.e. healthcare, gasoline, rent, and insurance) has taken a major toll on other parts of society.

The amount of people who pay with SNAP benefits at the gas station is baffling, and these aren't people that are grubby, unemployed, deadbeats.

No. A lot of of these people have reasonable jobs. I'm not sure if they're cheating the system, but for real, for a country that was founded on the notion that we'd be free from bullshit taxation and fees, we've succumbed to quite the opposite.

Wages are shit, and bills are too fucking much.

right now we have the highest percentage of people on welfare in history, including a jump of 30+% under obama. good people who were working full time jobs can only get part time employment and are struggling mightily. in my hometown if you go looking for a job its under 30 hours a week, one of the biggest employers in my town is walmart and they are one of the few businesses that will guarantee certain positions 40 hours. the other big employer doesnt take applications you have to go through a temp agency and if you get signed on you will work a contract and the select few will make it to full time or part time work for the company, most will work the contract and then will be let go.

• Like 1

Kind of off topic but I noticed that the amount of shit we need to pay in order to slave another day (i.e. healthcare, gasoline, rent, and insurance) has taken a major toll on other parts of society.

The amount of people who pay with SNAP benefits at the gas station is baffling, and these aren't people that are grubby, unemployed, deadbeats.

No. A lot of of these people have reasonable jobs. I'm not sure if they're cheating the system, but for real, for a country that was founded on the notion that we'd be free from bullshit taxation and fees, we've succumbed to quite the opposite.

Wages are shit, and bills are too fucking much.

right now we have the highest percentage of people on welfare in history, including a jump of 30+% under obama. good people who were working full time jobs can only get part time employment and are struggling mightily. in my hometown if you go looking for a job its under 30 hours a week, one of the biggest employers in my town is walmart and they are one of the few businesses that will guarantee certain positions 40 hours. the other big employer doesnt take applications you have to go through a temp agency and if you get signed on you will work a contract and the select few will make it to full time or part time work for the company, most will work the contract and then will be let go.

I didn't realize how tough it was to live in Minnesota until I moved.

I love the state, but the cost of living is retarded compared to a standard wage. It is tough to have a conversation about this with the old folks because they've got the financial stability.

Moved down south and haven't looked back.

The answer is always the same. The public system isn't easily exploited. But you break it down you can scam people with money to pay for better care. Everyone else can die who cares. Nice hospitals with pools and facilities with rich doctors poncing around treating mildly sick rich people.