Annual MyGNRForum Awards 2014 - Voting Round 2 - Finals

Powerage5

Funniest member: Groghan - I'm very underrated in the comedy section

Indeed. You deserve an award for your work during this awards season alone. You're killing it. :lol:

Please read over some of the other ballots. Do you think people vote what they truly believe? Or do they just vote what they think will make them popular on the internet? Like Lio claiming she wanted me to win best looking when I've never posted a pic. What's her agenda there? And then when she can't vote for me in that category she goes with the hooray for tolerance! award? Is she being racist or homophobic? She's Belgian, so probably racist.

I think I'm going to find some of the votes I'd like to hear your opinion on.

• Like 1

Well, thanks for the boring diatribe about how you're butthurt about these awards that you totally don't take seriously. It was nice.

You hadn't complained or insulted anybody for the past 7 minutes so I felt I needed to give you some ammunition.

Indeed. You deserve an award for your work during this awards season alone. You're killing it. :lol:

Please read over some of the other ballots. Do you think people vote what they truly believe? Or do they just vote what they think will make them popular on the internet? Like Lio claiming she wanted me to win best looking when I've never posted a pic. What's her agenda there? And then when she can't vote for me in that category she goes with the hooray for tolerance! award? Is she being racist or homophobic? She's Belgian, so probably racist.

(Ssshhh, Damn-Smoth thinks I'm serious, so don't let the cat out of the bag)

LOL - I think there is a lot of voting for "friends" instead of for who should actually win.

Lio is clearly trying to set you up for something later down the road. Be wary of that one. Be very wary.

Oh, somebody mentioned that you were black? Was that a joke?

I need pictures for the best looking categories.

Drunk poster? What the fuck! :lol:

You have that one in the bag. Be proud.

That's what the Use Your Illusion section is for.
I search and I search but I still can't find pics of P4A. :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have to search as hard to find yours.

That was a good comeback - I chuckled out loud.

I think the funniest comeback of the year was the one where the guy said something about the poster's mother contacting him.....but I can't remember who posted it, who it was about, and what the topic was.

Well, thanks for the boring diatribe about how you're butthurt about these awards that you totally don't take seriously. It was nice.

You hadn't complained or insulted anybody for the past 7 minutes so I felt I needed to give you some ammunition.

(Ssshhh, Damn-Smoth thinks I'm serious, so don't let the cat out of the bag)

LOL - I think there is a lot of voting for "friends" instead of for who should actually win.

Lio is clearly trying to set you up for something later down the road. Be wary of that one. Be very wary.

Oh, somebody mentioned that you were black? Was that a joke?

I need pictures for the best looking categories.

Drunk poster? What the fuck! :lol:

You have that one in the bag. Be proud.

That's what the Use Your Illusion section is for.
I search and I search but I still can't find pics of P4A. :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have to search as hard to find yours.

That was a good comeback - I chuckled out loud.

I think the funniest comeback of the year was the one where the guy said something about the poster's mother contacting him.....but I can't remember who posted it, who it was about, and what the topic was.

Facekicker to NGOG.

• Like 1

Please read over some of the other ballots. Do you think people vote what they truly believe? Or do they just vote what they think will make them popular on the internet?

Speak for yourself Ray Rice, I meant every bit of what i said :lol:

Don't make me square you up. The awards have made me realize we've been rivals all along. I'm gonna bring a mix of 1776 and Shock & Awe down on your fucking head, my friend.

Please read over some of the other ballots. Do you think people vote what they truly believe? Or do they just vote what they think will make them popular on the internet?

I'm confused now..........so is Lenny really white and Mags is really black? And Sunnydre?

Don't make me square you up. The awards have made me realize we've been rivals all along. I'm gonna bring a mix of 1776 and Shock & Awe down on your fucking head, my friend.

Should i put on a dress and some lipstick to get your adrenaline flowing first, you fuckin' domestic abuse statistic? :lol:

I'm confused now..........so is Lenny really white and Mags is really black? And Sunnydre?

I'm white. Len has decided he won't let me forget how I openly defended beating women in the harassment thread, hence the Ray Rice comment. I think my position was reasonable but Len looks hellbent on a smear campaign so he can win more awards.

Exactly...and Sunnydre is a Brazilian maid scouting prospects for advancement :D

I'm white. Len has decided he won't let me forget how I openly defended beating women in the harassment thread, hence the Ray Rice comment. I think my position was reasonable but Len looks hellbent on a smear campaign so he can win more awards.

Hey Chris, see much of Rihanna after the injunction? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7KH1PpbMY

Cuz i'm jus rollin' wit' my n!gga Mags and Eastwoooooood :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Should i put on a dress and some lipstick to get your adrenaline flowing first, you fuckin' domestic abuse statistic? :lol:

You all pretty much wear a fuckin' bed sheet anyway, and your lips are all chapped from dehydration, malnutrition and fuckin' sandstorms so what's the difference? :lol:

You all pretty much wear a fuckin' bed sheet anyway, and your lips are all chapped from dehydration, malnutrition and fuckin' sandstorms so what's the difference? :lol:

See if you kept em in check like that you wouldn't have to drop that Too $hort game on em :lol:

Groghan, why'd Nosaj vote for brainsaber as most missed? I know you and I both think highly of Nosaj, but that's a questionable vote, isn't it? Did you think brainsaber and volcano were similar posters? Did you think one was better than the other?

Why don't you ask Nosaj?

Groghan, why'd Nosaj vote for brainsaber as most missed? I know you and I both think highly of Nosaj, but that's a questionable vote, isn't it? Did you think brainsaber and volcano were similar posters? Did you think one was better than the other?

For comedic value maybe? Brainsaber is, without a doubt, one of the five worst posters in forum history.

Volcano got way too trollish at the end, but he was being influenced by outside forces. But at the end of the day, that guy is a hard core die-hard Axl Rose and GnR fan. I'll always respect him for that. I'd much rather have him at the forum chatting about the band than Brainsaber here just getting drunk and going on whining rants about people he doesn't like.

I'll always have a spot in my heart for old Volcano. One of the biggest GnR fans alive.

Why don't you ask Nosaj?

As much as I like Nosaj, he'll probably give me some emotional response. Remember, it's someone he claims to miss. As you've no doubt seen Groghan say, Groghan uses logic and reason where others fall prey to their emotions. Accordingly, I trust Groghan's take much more. No disrespect to my homie Nosaj.

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

@Groghan: Why do you think so many people nominated and voted for P4A in so many categories? Don't get me wrong, she's great - and I hope she doesn't think I'm harassing her with this - but she's been an infrequent poster in 2014, no? Has her presence been so strong that she deserves to win so many coveted female awards? A lot of people seem to cultishly praise her. Am I wrong to find it a little creepy?

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

@Groghan: Why do you think so many people nominated and voted for P4A in so many categories? Don't get me wrong, she's great - and I hope she doesn't think I'm harassing her with this - but she's been an infrequent poster in 2014, no? Has her presence been so strong that she deserves to win so many coveted female awards? A lot of people seem to cultishly praise her. Am I wrong to find it a little creepy?

Come on dude, you're not serious, are you? 20 people out of thousands voted in the preliminaries. 20. (And that goes for anyone that was nominated, no way is this a shot at P4A).

There are definitely members that deserved their nominations in certain categories (Groghan as most improved member is spot on)....but on the other hand, you have members that have barely posted at all in certain sections being nominated in those sections. This is nothing more than a popularity contest....it always has been.

It's sort of the same way you feel about U.S. elections.

:P

Edited by Kasanova King

To be honest, and this is no insult to anybody, but there aren't a lot of female posters. Probably under 10 that routinely post? So it's much easier to get nominated/win in the female sections than men. You only need 3-4 people voting for you to advance to round two.

P4A is very opinionated and passionate, so she stands out more than the posters that just make boring type or clichéd type answers. She is also very smart, has a good sense of humor, and is willing to argue with people she disagrees with. Her recent comment about wishing she couldn't find Red's pictures so easy......that's just a great line.

She has also been posting for a very long time so she's built up a group of forum friends.

It makes sense that she would get a lot of votes. But it is odd to see her get votes in categories she doesn't post in or that she rarely posts in.

And if you get out of the man-hating topics, she is usually pretty level headed and posts intelligent answers - so people respect that. When somebody like Val22 posts, you just shake your head and wonder how she fuctions in day-to-day life. P4A seems like somebody that you'd call up when your spouse got cancer or your house burnt down because you know you could trust her to help you out in your moment of despair.

And she's not a f*cking idiot like a lot of posters are.

I was pretty surprised to see people like Gracii and ARQ not get more votes as they are pretty popular on here.

So to summarize - intelligent, been here a long time, respected, funny, can be a dick to people (which helps if people don't like the person you're being a dick to).....plus a small group to pick from............makes perfect sense she'd get a lot of love on here.

• Like 3

*flounces in, flicking his hair like Alicia Silverstone in Clueless, the popular girl in class* GUYS, you're all taking this like, WAY too seriously! :D

P4A seems like somebody that you'd call up when your spouse got cancer or your house burnt down because you know you could trust her to help you out in your moment of despair.

You got that P4A? Thats any of us, any house fires, cancer, exam results, any ailments as a result of sitting on cold surfaces too much, we're givin' you a bell :lol:

When somebody like Val22 posts, you just shake your head and wonder how she fuctions in day-to-day life.

Sing out loud to herself maybe?

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 3